I am done with user games until the patch

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I am done with user games until the patch

Hey guys.

I have a lot of respect for you guys and I don't want this to be taken the wrong way (i.e. that I don't like the game, don't care about the league, etc.)

But I'm done with user v. user games until the patch.

I will spare you most the details of our attempt to play today because I know you've all dealt with the same thing but suffice to say one game was disconnected before KICKOFF.

Put me on auto or sim it (that's more fair IMO) but either way I won't be scheduling games until this is patched.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

P.S... and my apologies to you guys who waited a day or 2 days or however only to have my game simmed. Our game dropped three times and I would have wanted to give it another shot (got nothing going) but Financedude dropped offline without responding to me and requested it be simmed.

He was ahead of me 14-10 so I'm glad he won the sim. just a shitty way to lose.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    what happened?? game continued to drop for no reason?

I only had that against...errr I think Cole but we got ours done.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

well since you are my only regular season user game left, I guess you and I can tee it up and see what happens.

But yeah, 3 disconnects, and I think Ramirez was frustrated because he had the same thing happen against JMS where they tried several times and he wasn't willing to go through that again.

and now that I lost because of it, I'm leaning toward not wanting to mess with it myself. to be clear I think Ramirez was gonna beat me there, I think my longest run was 5 yards and I probably had around 10 yards rushing on 15 carries or so...

5. Maynard

Maynard Banned

just curious if guys having this issue have the following ports open on their router

* TCP 80
    * UDP 88
    * UDP 3074
    * TCP 3074
    * UDP 53
    * TCP 53

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    meh I'll try to mess with that stuff...you got a step by step tutorial?

yeah Helli let's try to play...I only had the one thing with jms (that's who it was) and I believe that's when the servers wouldn't let anyone play...everything was dropping that night.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ramirez and I dropped 3 times.....then we played the next day..........no drops or lag..........very strange.

Someone said if you are going to try again right away you should both shut off your consoles and restart it.

It happened in madden on the PS3 last nite.......game was fine and drop......weird shit.

I though technology was supposed to get better.

I dont think there is any patch planned......fyi

8. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

Thanks for the port info.

But you know, we shouldn't have to do advanced port forwarding to play a standard feature on a top selling video game. We don't have these problems on 16 player FPS games online, RTS games with way more going on, heck even flight sims with 8 plans in a massive map. I just don't get why they can't consistently give us solid connections in IP vs IP games.

[/frustrated rant]

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

Are you kidding me? What if I open mine and the other guy doesn't know how? Or if your directly connecting to the xbox and still having these problems.

It doesn't make since that you can have 7 disconnects in a row play the next day and not have a problem. Router problem? I dont think so. Sounds like code issue server issue. And why does it only occur in Online Dynasty? I dont have this problem if I play a ranked game or create a custom session.

This needs to be fixed end of story!

10. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

My bad Helli.... I was just in a hurry to get to my daughters "ballet" and then my son had a football obligation. It's annoying to say the least. I've never had an issue with drops and it's frustrating!

As far as the game I think you had momentum.... As I was 3rd and long and up 14-10... I was stopping your run though. It would have been tight I am sure.....

I never thought in a million years Auburn would beat Georgia in a sim....

11. Maynard

Maynard Banned

those ports come directly from xbox. right or wrong is a whole nother story....but i have not had a disconnect in who knows how long.....

how to set it up is gonna depend on your router....if its a linksys then open your browser and type in 192.168.1.1 and enter the password only....the default password is admin

find the screen that looks like the pic below and set it up the way i did....take a look at the status screen of your router and look for the starting IP.....if u dont know, just use 1 where i have 100

[​IMG]

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

This was posted on NCAA sratagies.

From Adam Thompson (OMT) in response to a community member asking about news on the patch.

"Yeah, there will be an update soon. Possibly later today."

UPDATE - 8/14

"The patch has been completed and is off for certification through central EA and MS/Sony. I'm going to be on vacation next week so I won't know when we release patch notes unless it is today."

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i think you need to try and play georgia tech.....that is a VERY IMPORTANT game.....

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

neither did I!

When he said he was gonna sim it I felt a tad dubious about it, but felt pretty confident we would get the dub. Then after he told me I lost I started wondering why I hadn't been more concerned, lol.... DAMNIT :D

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I did this. At this point I'll try anything, despite what Fosh said making a helluva lot of sense and happening to coincide with my opinion on this topic.

And where is the damn patch! lol

16. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i'm pretty sure if you have DMZ on it does this kind of thing automatically.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok I just did that too.