I believe i'm done

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Oct 28, 2009.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I believe i'm done

Looks like i might have to retire. My brother was in my room when i left to the store today and somehow the game got 2 scratches on it and he ended up shocking himself on the system. So the game won't boot up now and gives me a 80010006 error when trying to start it up. It's the only game that does this and i've alreayd restored the ps3 to it's factory state (and now i don't have my psn password... working on that too... that was another huge hassle). It's a big mess right now and i'm beyond furious and dissapointed. I'm not sure what else to do or try.

So... since i'm not going to be getting another copy of this game till probably next year, I have to say it's been real fun playing with all of you. I would have probably stayed until july if this hadn't have happened. Looked forward to it each day.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I cant believe this, this really sucks. You are 1 of our best members, I really don't want to have to replace you. There is no way for you to get the game still?

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

u could go rent the game from your local movie rental place, then switch the copies give them your scratched copy.

4. Dean

Dean Walk On

hahahaha

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

hah i thought about doing this but with buying a gamestop used copy, switching it and returning the used game ( i think you could do that ). No way they'd know id imagine.... but i dont know for sure. I already played my game this week and have a bye week 3 so I guess i have a little time to think about what im going to do in the meantime.

Another issue i have is i forgot my PSN password for shadowofanubis66... so when i formatted my ps3 to try and fix the issue it deleted the saved password, and apparently i entered a wrong birthday so now i called the halfwits at sony and the guy said he'd reset the password in an email for me... it'd take a day or two, so we'll see how THAT goes.

EDIT: I finally guessed the right password, so that's one problem down. Now i just gotta get the game.

6. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Drunken that was a great idea lol, and Shadow I will hold off on taking any action for right now. I really hope this all gets worked out, we have our 12 guys, I don't wanna replace any.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I know I'm not in this dynasty, but renting the game and swapping it out most likely would not work, most places have either bar codes or other writing or labeling on their games to make sure they get them back. Also, if he happened to return the scratched disk in its place unless he paid a damage protection fee, depending on place it's maybe a quarter, they would charge him a replacement/restock fee.

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

turns out the used copy from gamestop works so far, no problems. I should be back in buisness.

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

ill send u another copy if u are going to quit. its nothin. i get easports games for very cheap and have a second copy that u could have if it really comes down to it. long story on how i have two, but lemme know.

10. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Your awesome trude. For now i'm gonna try returning my bad one to gamestop in place of the used one that so far works. If something happens down the line though i'll keep that offer in mind. Much appreciated again.