I believe the playaction pass is abused in this game

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by shadowofanubis66, Apr 8, 2010.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I believe the playaction pass is abused in this game

The linebackers almost always bite, especially if you are in man coverage oddly enough leaving gaps for the same receiver to be open. With some guys i play against, they run that throughout the game without regard for actually setting up the run. I doubt there's any way to monitor this, maybe it's just my imagination or something. Feels like it though.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

not in our league....they mostly lead to sacks. Online it is abused in ranked east room games. I hate the playaction unless the situation is perfect and set up. Ask GTECH!!

oh yeah no PA on 3rd and long......that cheese!

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That's the only thing that surprises me is 3rd and long PA passes...

Like... WTF. People I really respect and like in T1 have done this to me quite a few times and I'm never able to believe my eyes, lol.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

It's only a issue if the User is doing it in 3rd & long situations.

I dont really give a shit other than that. But I agree with JMS on the sacks.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I use Pa more when i am running the ball very well. When u put 8 in the box to take and stop the run i will throw a PA pass against anyone. I have never used it on 3rd and long because it would never happen. On 3rd and short or 2nd and short i will use it but only if my running game is going well. i use PA about the most 4 times a game

6. NDCOLTS1979

Of course i have been sacked also. Oline is sad on PA because like on screen passes they just let the DL break threw.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

ND when we meet it'll behoove you to never PA on a 3rd and Long. Your QB will not last long and I'm intercepting the pass, lol

Besides I thought most leagues on TF address that in the rules?

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I find very effective against users that like to control safeties to run up and stuff the run........the fall for it and if you have a solid WR running a post in or out route.....uh oh.

I always have a check down guy like a FB or TE running with me on the PA just in case I need to get rid of it fast.....sometimes that backfires though b/c I get hit while throwing and the ball floats in the air like a fucking Helium filled Balloon and some fat DT catches it and runs it back for a td........damn!

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We Run Our PAs The Same and I Also Like Molesting Users Who Use Safeties. PA Stretch Will Open Up Tons Of Real Estate

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    But in T1, PA is basicallly useless because everyone plays aggressive dline that jump the snap. In SE, I can do PA more effectively because they don't allow the aggressive settings.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Play action against any blitz with aggressive DL on is a recipe for a sack about 80% of the time before you can even set your feet.

I rarely run play action except in cases where I'm in I formation and the opponent shows a man blitz, then I may audible to the play action formation audible and look to attack the LB's covering the FB or TE. The chances of a sack just make it a dicey proposition.

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Anything in the game can be countered.

The only thing I dont like seeing is awkward down and distance with playaction.

You shouldnt call it on third and long, third and short it might be considered a great call.

I have given up on it for the most part as I get sacked 70% of the time I try and run PA.

As good as the Dlines are in the SEC in T1, you should remove playaction from your gameplan.

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Hijacking thread for a sec...

Bruce, check ya PMs!!

K, back to your conversation....PA Pass can be cheesy...my 2 cents...

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

As a fellow Volunteer user I agree. It seems Florida always has a super fast dline for no apparent reason,lol

15. NDCOLTS1979

Lol um yeah i know how us army guys cant read well but dang it must be worse in Germany. I said i never pa pass on 3rd and long only on short yardage and when i have a successful running game going lmao its ok i forgive u. Your luck i like ya or id have to fly to Germany just to smack ya lol

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Playaction is pretty much useless in T1 but thats because of the way the guys, use, their D-Line. I have success with it though in my other leagues, especially since I'm getting better at passing out of run formations.

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You can e-smoke me I guess, lol.

18. NDCOLTS1979

lmao sounds good u cant see at night so ill attack u in the dark