I did what I thought was best for the league..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Oct 8, 2009
    I did what I thought was best for the league..

with the Player Position Change rule. After all the back and forth we have went through in the last month over this, I thought the posted rule was the best colaboration of everyones ideas.

If you guys do not find it to be to your liking or find it too complicated, we can remove it, shorten it or move on with no position change rule for year 1.

We are 72 hours away from official kickoff and to keep debating about a rule that seriously affects how an owner approches potential trades and free agents was just not smart.

I agree, the rule is wordy but it is not hard to grasp if you go into it with an open mind and accepting that its not perfect. Being wordy could be a good thing as it may make owners think twice before requesting for a position change, which is what we want anyways.

Per this rule, we are giving owners only until they play their WEEK 1 game to request a position change. After that only newly added players will be eligible for position changes until Year 2. So this wordy, complex rule will swept under the rug after Week 1.

Scikotic and I literally brainstormed and fine-tuned this thing for 7 hours straight tonite. No Kidding. We had to make some concessions for it to be fair all teams.

I am completely drained when it comes to Position Changes and I have no more to offer if it comes to editing this further. If you guys see where it can be improved, great, I just dont have the energy to debate it back anf forth for another couple of days. I will gladly edit into the rule whatever changes you guys see fit.