I don't know what is up with EA's servers but this is garbage!

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Nautica, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am not sure what is up with EA's servers tonight, but its garbage. I just ran a speed test and my net is fine, and I just had the most effed up game ever. Completely unplayable, and I didn't want to play it after the first quarter. Put the chew clock on and played the rest of the game out, although I REALLY wanted to just stop playing all together. I just sent a message to adam from EA about the shitty servers, hopefully they will look into it.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am really curious as to just how many people got disconnects tonight? We had 2 jump in during my user game saying they got disconnected, I am wondering how many others this happened too.

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya I know my game with Soda had an AWFUL lag, but we somehow managed to not get disconnected. We played around 530EST

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No disrespect but I'm still amazed how when something goes wrong with NCAA or Madden Adam or Ian are always the "answer" or downfall... poor dudes... they get plastered with messages (pretty sure your not the only one who sends him msgs) for shit they can't control....

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Ya they were awful tonight.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I agree, they don't have to answer to anyone. So I wouldn't expect a reply.

Nautica, as for your question... I had no lag issues last night with both Madden and FIFA games.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

no i completely understand, but they make themselves available to the consumers as a direct line of contact for when something is wrong. Now i have had extensive chats with Adam in the past and this is the first time I have sent him a message about something that is wrong. I am not one of those guys who constantly bombards someone with nonsense.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

here is the thing too, the game that i played last night was the worst experience that i have ever had. The other player had well over 20+ broken tackles, 99% of all tackles would end up as that horrible horse collar tackle animation, and there were at least a half a dozen times that I would be standing in the pocket and mashing a button to pass for a good 2 seconds and still no pass would be thrown. My players would move on their own too as there were instances that i would go to make a cut and they would continue towards the sideline without me able to control them. After the first half, I just put chew clock on and ran almost every play just to try to get the game over with as soon as possible as I don't agree with quitting a game. My connection was fine, it was the damn EA servers. I checked my connection afterward and was downloading at 19mbs per second.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Were you playing a user game?

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yes, it was unreal straight from the kickoff

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I played two user games last night and the lag wasn't all that bad, but I did notice that I couldn't cut effectively when I ran the ball. All I could really do was run straight line and had a really hard time hitting any holes. I thought it was just my controller's left stick being worn out or something. Maybe it was a server thing....?

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    From my understanding of Xbox Live (from playing with the XNA game studio tool that Microsoft puts out), the EA servers do not actually pass traffic between players.

They are used for matching up players, but after that the protocol is P2P, so packets are sent directly between you and your opponent. Post game, results are stored on the EA servers. It is the same for CPU games, except it is all local. The game does do some XBL reporting (that's how you see what people are playing), but the quality of your game was effected by the poor connection between your opponent and yourself. That is why you can play two different people back to back and have extremely different results. There are players in my leagues I just know will be a laggy connection and others are rock solid.

Anyway, just sharing what little bit of knoweledge I think I have.:)

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

that is something that I didn't know, thank you for chiming in on that shaun. I still don't understand why the gameplay was so horrible though. It was nothing the other user was doing, but it was the worst game experiences I have ever had with NCAA.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Remember there are a ton of routers between you and your opponent...all it takes is one bad hop.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

very true

16. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Shaun, last night when we played the game hesitated a couple times. Not enough to effect anything, though. Did you see that as well?

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yea, one was in the first quarter where I hit your QB on third and 5 and he completed it to the diving receiver.

18. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yeah, the ball just kind of sat in the air and then all of the sudden the receiver is on the ground with the ball.

19. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Well its 11:22 a.m. eastern and the EA servers are down...so there is definitely something to this thread...sucks

20. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Hopefully doing some upgrades for Madden 12 Online Franchise!

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

EA posted that their servers would be down today for approximately 3 hours today from 10am to around 1 pm for maintainence.

22. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Jugg and I played a hard fought game in C2C only to disconnect in the 4th quarter with the score 20-14.