I Got Schooled by the CPU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Oct 11, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I Got Schooled by the CPU

I don't know what hit me. Michigan State walked into Beaver Stadium and had their way with me. My offensive line resembled this: [​IMG]

My quarterback Rob Bolden was given one of these after the game[​IMG]

My defense tackled like this guy: [​IMG]

And to top it off Michigan State had a horse shoe up their ass. I sucked, it sucked, and I am left wondering...Did we move the sliders? Or do rivalry games get this hard?

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Lmao great post. Sucks that ya lost but great post

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Haha, I thought the sliders may have been adjusted when I played Wake and their linebackers were INSANELY active. But from time to time, conference games on the road get like that ... and rivalries are had a whole 'nother level.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I haven't touched the sliders. Any chance there's been a tuning update I don't know about?

I have USC (a rival rated much higher than me) on the road this week, so I might get handled too.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I haven't touched the sliders. Any chance there's been a tuning update I don't know about?

I have USC (a rival rated much higher than me) on the road this week, so I might get handled too.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I don't know but this game was freaking hard. I am pretty sure I played MSU at Notre Dame earlier this year and beat up on them. But oh well. They got so many crazy turnovers and other things that I don't know what to say. Good thing it only cost me a bowl trip to Orlando...Guess its Busch Gardens instead of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

I made ton of mistakes in my loss to Iowa, passes while being hit, late pitch.

8. egofailure

Def' a great post.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah I got schooled by VA Tech as well in my game. Got some crazy turnovers and I couldn't catch a break.

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

You know Penn state isn't that good this year right? I mean illinois?

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yeah stuff happens...I still bleed blue and white though...

12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Almost lost my game. Wow I couldn't tackle worth a thing. Not even tackle on conservative helped. Luckily my offense fired on all cylinders.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I had a tough time, but didn't get punished for my mistakes. 30-7 doesn't really tell the story. I just made some huge plays at exactly the right time.

14. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

How are people stopping the run? I can usually get in the backfield and hit the HB behind the line of scrimage but can't seem to wrap him up. Any secret to tackling I'm missing?

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I thought I had it figured out until this week. I usually square him up in the backfield, (Strafe Button) and hit the square button. I avoid the hit stick to prevent the "Bouncing" effect that results in a missed tackle.

16. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

That's what I usually do. It worked extremely well against Florida and Alabama but my games against Ole Miss and Arkansas were complete tackle failures. I ended up just hit sticking everyone. I figured if I was going to fail tackles anyway I might as well go for a turnover.

17. bdub

bdub Walk On

I usually set tackiling to conservative and it seems to help. Guys just try to wrap people up instead of big hits and trying to strip the ball.

18. egofailure

I utilize the strafe button similarly, but avoid diving whenever possible. I prefer to just run into the ball carrier, as I miss far too much with square. Sometimes I'll just focus on forcing the runner inside (denying the edge), leading to a nice gang tackle with the right play call.

19. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I just got beat-down by UGA- I picked the wrong week to try out the FleXbox One- was lucky thany any of my backs even had total positive yardage.

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The fleXbox One is much harder this year. That first read is tough, and even if you make the right decision, it seems like you end up with a number of negative plays.

21. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I could never get the triple option to work. The handoff to the FB on the dive is really slow and the DT usually sheds his block before you complete the transition. I could only get the load options and WB Toss plays to work.

22. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Key to the triple is to know which man to read. One of them should be unblocked and he will either crash or stay. If he stays, you give. If he crashes you keep. It is a lot like the zone read play but with an interior player.

I can run that offense in this game, but I don't like it all that much.

23. bdub

bdub Walk On

Out of all the option plays I find that the speed options works the best for me, but thats probably because I don't think you really have to read the defense to make that one work.

24. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Speed option relies the least on your oline blocking. As long as the defense isn't blitzing cornerbacks at you there should be a place to run. I like running the read option but I just have a hard time getting the blocks needed to stop the dline from blowing up the play in the backfield (or using a pass first to set up the run mentality that is counter to most read/option teams.) Usually if I know I want to play a good game based on the read option I'll adjust my run block and pass defense sliders to beef my oline. I usually go with something like 45 User Run Block and 55 CPU Run Defense.

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

I tried to run the read option but it seems like it develops way to fast for me to make a choice. Seems like by the time I figure out what the DE is doing its to late.