I had to restart my game tonight

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Aug 8, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I had to restart my game tonight

I sent a message on PSN to Arch who was online, but I did not receive a response so I restarted.

Here is how it happened: Early second quarter, 6-6 tie. Alabama scores a touchdown to make it 12-6, they miss the PAT which bounces off of the goalpost and my safety catches it, the play is dead no point awarded. Then the play calling screen pops up and I am kicking off! I figure okay I have stopped them once, let me see if I can again, I don't Richardson breaks a 64 yarder to make it 19-6. I feel as if the integrity of this particular game is at stake so I pause text Arch and wait, when I got no response I restarted. If I have to take a douche card so be it, but I tried to handle this as fair as I could. I don't think I should have to lose a possession because of the computer, that is VERY unSIM.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If this is a glitch, there has to be a record of it being discussed on message boards and such. Mind doing a little research and posting a link or two?

I ask because I don't want the guys questioning your motives, and I don't want to question them myself. I mean, it's a game against number one, you're down, and then a glitch sets things back to even. Best to over-justify rather than give anyone a reason to cry foul, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure things are on the up and up, but it's best to be safe. That sound fair to you?

AG

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Sounds fair to me any suggestions as to where to find it? Also I did text you as soon as it became apparent it was going to make a huge impact on the game

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

My system's been on, but I've been doing other stuff, so I wasn't really there to get it, even though it might have looked like I was.

Try Operation Sports. They're probably the best source I know.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am not blaming you, but I do want people to understand that I did alert you asap, and didn't wait until later. Maybe you can post my text to you so the guys can see what exactly I reported to you at that time.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

11. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

this same thing has happened to me before playing offline.

12. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

arch...it is definitely a known glitch.

13. vatechhokie01

and ive seen multiple posts about when a guy restarts it says he has restarted twice...think it does this every time doesnt it?

14. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Did it post 2 restarts for mine a few weeks ago?

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I think it did say you restarted twice, we can simply check

16. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

Both of those are known Gitches... The restart thing has been happening since last years game

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I believe it does.

Yes, it said the game was restarted twice.

18. vatechhokie01

although carolina is clearly a cheat and fraud and no-good thief, his story seems credible. besides, if he lied:

a) he is a loser
    b) he probably needs the win that bad

but, i for one, although, again, after reiterating what a despicable unworthy and terrible person he is, believe him.

P.S. have i mentioned that carolinaeasy is a sinful sinful human being? just wanted to make it clear.

19. vatechhokie01

btw, nice win...

cheater.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am glad I got the approval from a foul mouthed theologian.

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Once again guys, I did not want to restart the game, but they got a big advantage with the extra possession. Up to that point in the game I had moved the ball into their red zone both possessions with ease, and then made some bad playcalls and stalled for field goals. I still think I could have won that game prior to that kickoff, they got the ball first to start the game so I was playing to be tied by half time. 12-6 would have enabled me to be in the lead with a td and plus 1. When the computer took the extra series and had a HUGE run for a touchdown I felt behind the 8 ball and screwed. Once again I am sorry I had to do this in a big game, but then again it was a HUGE swing in the course of that game.

22. vatechhokie01

bro...you were playing the #1 team and got hosed by a game glitch. we believe ya and i think it was def a legit restart. now just pray you might actually start getting some love from the pollsters.

23. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Thanks for saying that, I appreciate that a lot.

As for the pollsters, I was thinking about that. If I go undefeated and two others do as well, I think I will be shut out of the title game because of my preseason rating. Of course I am putting the cart before the horse because I have to go play Tennessee at home, at Florida, and at Clemson yet. All three of those are big games, and I really am not looking forward to trying to stop Demps from Florida, or deal with Da'Quan Bowers from Clemson (who happens to be a local boy to me).

24. vatechhokie01

well you could potentially have 4 (texas/nebraska, oregon, vt/miami, and WV) teams undefeated. although i seriously doubt ill go undefeated, im just thankful the polls like me (mmullen, the 1st BCS will be interesting)...you are screwed! ha!

i dont see oregon and wv losing.

25. vatechhokie01

not to mention you could possibly go undefeated and still sit behind Ohio St. would that be insane or what...an SEC undefeated getting left out of the championship. unrealistic? yep. but id laugh a little bit. thats for sure.