I hate Tornadoes

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by BigSmooth33, Oct 26, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I've lived in TN for over 2 years now and I hate tornadoes... Fuck them in the face.

This is like the 20th tornado warning in 2 years and I swear they are magnatized to my neighborhood in Murfreesboro.

That is all.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    We've had it bad here today...I'm scared to death of Tornado's since I was in one when I was a teenager.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

We had one warning here last night and i took and went outside watching for it and it never came:(

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Just had to round up my department at work lose about 30 minutes of production and take cover...

Fuck tornadoes.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We did the same here in downtown columbus.

Shaun - grow a pair! lol

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    When your house gets knocked down by one you can tell me something.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I've been through two and would much rather be in 5 hurricanes than 1 tornado.

The thought of something that is so destructive and heeds no warning is pretty powerful. They just drop out of the sky when they feel like it.

8. NDCOLTS1979

I must be messed up then because i am in aww with them. Before i got custody of my kids i would follow all warnings so i could watch and get close to it

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yes, best viewed from a distance.

Not cool at all when the funnel passes over your neighborhood.

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

oh so this must be you.....

[​IMG]

11. NDCOLTS1979

I actually had a funnel cloud go over my head when we were roofing one day. It came from nowhere and we noticed it but it was to late luckily it didn't touch down because we were 43 ft n the air and the ladder was knocked down

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Duly noted.

I was in one however. I was on vacation at a campground when I was 10-12 or around there and when the storm hit we all retreated to the camper (about 6 of us, it wasn't like we knew it was a tornado we just thought it was a thunderstorm) and it literally was picking up the camper and setting it back down. I still think to this day that the extra weight of everyone in the camper is what kept the damn thing on the ground. Tents and shit were blown everywhere.

Today was fun though.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We had sirens going off all day today but nothing happened

14. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I've lived in OK the majority of my life and I've never been in one. *knocks on wood* Come April/May, weather gets ridiculous around here.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah that's a big reason I wouldn't live in the midwest. Of course, I hear a lot of people say they are deathly afraid of earthquakes.

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Luckily no tornadoes but I do have to drive over an hour one way for class with 2 other ppl I carpool with and the rain from the storms was ridiculous here in KY today. I literally couldn't see 10-20ft on I75 coming back home. I learned a new word too. Our buddy who rides with us asked me what my PF was after we realized nobody could see. I found out PF was pucker factor lol.

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah we got hit hard in Bluffton too, no tornados but the sirens were going nuts. I went down to our technology center to do some homework and they had us move down into the basement for the next hour and a half.

I'm like Colts, and am in awe of storms. Not quite to the extreme of trying to get close to it, but I like going out on the porch or whatever to watch them. The show Storm Chasers on Discovery Channel is a pretty neat show to watch. Those guys are insane.

18. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Ya we had warnings all day here in Northwest Georgia but all it did was rain alot but we did have one touch down in Chattanooga Tennessee which is about 25-30 minutes from where i live(Dalton,GA). :eek:

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

I woke up to a warning but it was nothing or not near me.

When I was like ten I was up in northern Michigan visiting family and we had a nasty F4 rumble through. I actually saw the two thunderheads collide and then my mom was screaming to get inside (I was oblivious that a tornado had even touched down). My grandparents had no basement so we had to cram into this tiny ass closet and it was fucking creepy, the walls were swaying almost and everything was shaking. When it was all done nothing was severely damaged but the people across the street had a tree fall on their car...we got lucky...never heard sirens once either..buuut that was a good ten years ago so hopefully someone installed them

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The one that hit my house when I was a kid was right outside Rome, Ga. I used to live between Lindale and Cedartown, I went to Pepperell HS when I lived down there.

21. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Ya i know where Pepperell HS is my high school played them in football one year.