I have an idea

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Jun 28, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I know Dru has expressed concern about playing with the juggernaut known as SC and feels bad for taking them while some of us struggle with lower tier teams like UCLA, WSU, and Cal. But I have an idea, that meets realism. Since USC for the next 3 years will lose 30 scholarships, maybe we can impose a similar type penalty on Dru during this run on the game. I was thinking he would not be able to sign between 3-5 players a year based on what he could actually sign for the first three seasons of the game. I haven't really figured out what a good number should be because in real life teams can have up to 85 scholarship players, while here we can have 70.

If people like this idea, chime in, and suggest what should be the appropriate number of scholarships lost. In addition if you think this is the dumbest idea you ever heard, chime in as well. I just want to get a feel for what everyone thinks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Hmmmm, not sure how I feel about this. IMO this would be no diff than say putting a team on probation in year 3 of AM for something that happened in real life. If we are concerned about level playing field with our teams I don't think that is the way to fix that issue. But I like outside the box thinking ;) can't wait to start playing in this OD

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

gowazzucougs - I was thinking of doing something like that anyway, I just was waiting for the game to drop to see how to correlate the different roster size vs the real life roster. Great minds think alike.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I love the idea...i think USC should be penalized as much as possible :p

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I was trying to come up with a mathematical formula that would equate 10 scholarships lost/85 man roster size to blank scholarship lost/70 man roster size. By my calculations it should be about 2.5 scholarships per/season. To me that seems small, but if you lose 15 players a year, and can only sign 12 players, by season 4 you will have 61-62 scholarship players. I don't know if that is too low or high of percentage.

6. Dru50

That doesn't seem too bad, it would just require me to be selective with who I sign and I might have to have some saloons on the depth chart if I can't meet the positional minimums.

7. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

And you could get fired and have to create and change coaches lol

8. Dru50

Let's not go too far....

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Oh, I'm not :)