I have been kicked out by the commish

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Oct 18, 2009
    I have been kicked out by the commish

Here is why.
    We play eachother, he has a year 3 florida god team, I am an A- Tenn team. He jumps out to a 35-7 lead. I take my offense vertical the rest of the game and end up winning 45-41. He throws out that game for the following reason:
    • I used the 1-5 to stop his running game. (It was not ban and I needed speed to catch the 99 speed RB that got 200+ yards on me in the first quarter)
    • Twice I got big gains scrambling laterally out of the pocket and waiting for the HB to clear the mid zones.
    • I use a handful of shotgun plays where I shifted my line and rolled my qb out of the pocket.
    Sometimes I backpeddled too far out of shotgun.

It was not my intention to be cheesy or non-sim. I was playing under the following false assumptions:
    I did not know that 1-5 was not to be used, despite it not being mentioned in the rules. I use to think that trying to pass after you leave the pocket is better than running on a passing play. I thought manually rolling the pocket was ok.
    (Don't bother looking at the current rules he changed them all after our first game)

He resets the game, and explains to me that I committed too many cheese plays. Note that he did not say anything during the game. I ask many question to try to get an understanding of what not to do. I tell him that it is not my intention to cheeze, and I did not understand all of the unwritten rules I should be following. Additionally, I say that if I make a mistake and get a big gain, let me know and I will punt or miss a FG to be fair.

We play again.

I follow all the new rules he gives me. In the first quarter he tells me not to run FB dive with a HB at the FB position. I do not do this for the rest of the game.

In the third quarter, I call a regular passing play from the strong formation with my HB at the FB position. I hit the FB(hb) in the flat for a 50 yard gain. He quits and kicks me out of the league. I was also winning at the time.

One of the specific questions I asked him was what package subs are prohibited. This was his answer:

Package subs are allowed within reason. Make sure you mix it up. You wouldn't appreciate it if I came out 90% of the time with Demps at QB. But it can be sprinkled in.

sprinkled in.... 2 plays with the HB at FB. one of which was before he mentioned to me not to fb dive with the fb. So HB at QB is fine, but HB at FB gets you banned from the league. additionally its a normal passing play not play action. how is the HB being at FB and going out for a pass any different than if the HB had run the route from the HB position. (other than the obvious reason of that play does not have the HB position running that route). The only advantage I get from the package sub is that the one back running a route is a HB. If it makes a difference I used the HB swap and not dual HB.

If I had know this was an issue, I could have run the exact same play by using the normal package aubiled my FB to block and given my HB the hot route r-stick down.

So I guess my only course of action is to request another coup de ta. Or get enough ppl to side with me so GoGators caves.
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Locked. Take this to PM...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.