I have some suggestions for making the offseason go faster next time

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I have some suggestions for making the offseason go faster next time

If you guys are agreeable, these are my ideas/suggestions:

1) Each and every time that anybody is done with a round, they need to go to the main screen and check that they're ready to advance. Every time. This helps so the person advancing the dynasty doesn't have to keep repeating "is everybody done" and type messages to various individuals that don't have a mic and/or aren't in the party chat due to the limit of 8. The commish will know everybody is done when everybody's tab has the green check mark.

2) 10 minutes for each round of recruiting. That's it. If people want to dig through the remaining players available to recruit, they need to do it on their own time, before the offseason. Get those players on their list before we go to the offseason, and be ready to roll.

3) Ten minutes each for player position changes and cuts.

That gets us the entire offseason in at about an hour and a half max....

Suggest any ideas or state complaints about this idea..... This is for the people on the east coast who need to get their asses to bed.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I totally agree on the time limits.....there is no way it should take so long to recruit in the offseason.........almost 80% of your players should be signed by then.

10 min time limits for the WIN!!

3. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

that sounds good to me.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

sounds good...10 minutes is enough time to look at replacements for the ones that signed elsewhere....

5. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

co-sign these ideas

Don't know if you noticed Helli, but I started setting myself ready to advance so you didn't have to keep messaging...I know that's gotta be a pain in the arse

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I appreciated it man.... Yeah everybody should do that. In our side league which has just six people in it, the offseason took longer than ours did, so truthfully that's where these ideas came from.... It'll be our requirements in that one definitely... :)

Truth be told I'm a dynasty freak - i mean I'm into this EASILY as much as anybody and I really don't care if it takes a long time, I just know that by the time we're done the east coast guys (not necessarily you cuz you stay up later than them) are up too late.

Edit: And then there's the fact that it's taking over two hours, that just shouldn't happen. It's like 8 steps. get'er done

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    word i'm down with this...

8. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

you have my support for this suggestion

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

Im all for it. You should have your homework done before you come to class.