I knew this day would come :(

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by jkhaalis991, Nov 17, 2011.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Drifterbub
    JrRawlins
    OMlawdog
    Shaun Mason
    Emmdotfrisk
    Keller
    Bondzai007
    bringbackjimmy
    theSANDMAN215
    Timpegoose
    Jmustang1968

Well fellas...I knew I had some decisions to make once I started working again. I been in this league since it started & its been the best time I have since online play was introduce. For the last 2 months, I been comtemplating whether I have time for an online league. Since I started work, I have not put in the effort that I usually & thats due to me working, getting home late, being tired from driving 2hrs each way to work, coming have to spend time with my kids & wife, etc....when I wasn't working....I used to get my CPU games done in the morning so I would basically have the whole evening for the kids & wife. Now I'M spent after coming home, playing with the kids, spending time with the wife & then by the time I can play my game(CPU or User)its like 9:30-11pm & I have to get up at 4am just be out the house at 5am to be to work at 7am. I don't want this to come off as lame excuses, I just honestly don't have the time anymore to commit to the Deuce that I had when I wasn't working. I know alot of guys are in the same situtation with the kids, wife & job, but my wife was cool with when I wasn't working cause I would do my stuff b4 she got home. Now I'm lucky to get on the game with no hassle at least 2 days out of the 5 day work week. You will probably see online 2nite, but I probably won't be able to get back on until Saturday afternoon. Honestly I'm very upset....My wife asked yesterday why don't I just find a league that moves a little slower like advance every 3 days ...I told her straight up its the Deuce or nothing. No other league can compare to the Deuce. I said it with a tear in my eye(real talk lol). She didn't laugh at me or make fun of me she said she understands cause she truly knows what you guys & this league means to me. So if you haven't got what I been trying to say is...I'm dropping out of the Deuce. I will still be around the forums to see whats going on & still chat it up with you guys...I might still even hop on skype during off season. This is very sad day for me because I thought I would be in the Deuce until it folded(which I don't think it ever will). Will I come back???? Who knows. My situtation might improve in a few months..or not, but if it stays the same, then I won't be back. Thanx Drifter for letting me be apart of this league, you are the best commish & wouldn't want any1 else. So I wish you all well & I'll always keep in touch. For a replacement, try to reach out to FLO.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

dislike x1000... how am i going to replace the resident TSO bouncer?!?!?

[​IMG]

3. jkhaalis991

LOL I'll still be on the forums..calling out seasonals & lames :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I understand man, I thought I was going to have to drop before my wife and I got seperated.

As far as I'm concerned you can pick any league you want on the site to join and I'll give you my recommendation.

Real talk, I'll miss you.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    BTW, I need you to record a "SHUT THE FUCK UP KELLER" for me, so I can play it in the offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I completely understand your position, brother.

FUCK!

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Damn. :( This league won't be the same. We'll miss you. I'm gonna pour out a little liquor tonight.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Life > Video Games

Gotta do what you gotta do man - I wish you all the best.

FWIW: 2 hour commute? That's insane.

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

A quick ode to Khaalis....

From the super loud mic speakers during our offseason chats, to the straight party going on in the background each time, with the kids screaming and the you telling your wife to stay in her damn lane..... From the random guy who quit because you were killin him with Maclin back in 09 to you screaming at Keller to shut the fuck up Tuesday night...From always taking your lumps and wins in stride, to repping the Deuce like no other.... From being allergic to the run in NCAA 09, 10 and part of 11... to ground n pound at the end of 11 and 12... from user catching everything cause"the CPU got butterfingers" from always leading the league in complete random but funny ass quotes in the offseason...And lastly to just being a real good guy... At least for me personally, Ill definitely miss you...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bondzai

I'm legitimately upset by this.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya I am disappointed. We have had some good games the past couple years. I always seem to play you often. I feel you on the commute. I had a bad commute over a year ago, and it wasnt even as bad as yours and I was going insane. I will miss playing you.

12. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Well we have lost some monster members through the years, Flo, Mutt, and now Khaalis. I say this with all sincerity if you are ever on the Gulf Coast and need something, or just want to have some ambulance chasing lawyer buy you a beer, just name the time and place.

I've never met Khaalis, yet based on numerous offseasons I feel like I know his family through Skype, lol. Guys like Khaalis are the reason the Deuce has been fun. Its not the football game, its the league and its members. Like I said, Ive never met Khaalis, but I consider him a friend. Sounds weird, but I don't think Im alone in feeling that way. Sucks he won't be part of the league anymore, but sometimes life does get in the way.

Best of luck to you, and you will be missed.

13. Bondzai

The original members of the Deuce are like a 2nd family. Sounds gay, but it's true.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Fag

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Go Giants!

Damn....founding father drops. Figure out a way to snip that commute man....brutal

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Man that sucks...we will always have a spot open for you waiting for your return(kellers spot;)).

• Like Like x 1
  17. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Nooooo. I do understand though. I'll post some more tomorrow.

18. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Damn, sorry to see you go man. Even as one of the newer guys here I feel like I've gotten to know you pretty well. Good luck with everything buddy, we'll definitely miss having you around.

19. jkhaalis991

Thanx every1 for your kind words....My wife was reading the responses last nite while we were at dinner....She said they were very nice. Funny I asked her could she name any members of the Deuce? She said she thinks so...she named basically all the original members(or part of their screenname )& some of the later members(she said "Mason something"). She said she has also been apart of this league since it began :)

20. Bondzai

Is your wife interested in taking your spot? ;)

21. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I think the amount of win's Colorado gets should stay about the same then right? ZING!

22. jkhaalis991

I tried to teach her to play about 2 yrs ago........WORST DESICION OF MY LIFE :mad::mad::mad:. She pretty good at Mario Kart & thats it :)

23. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'm sad to see you go Khaalis but from the sounds of it (on skype calls) things were hectic C'MON YALL! Anyways man, it has been a pleasure to get to know you and play with you. I use to be so curious what kind of guy you were after seeing you pop into the new member lounge, guns blazin'. I can say with 100% certainty that you embody the type of person we all strive to be and play with on a daily basis. We will miss you around these parts but please don't let that be your reason that you don't keep in touch.

-Frisk

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I feel your pain there man... Always an adventure trying to teach my girlfriend how to play too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being good at Mario Kart though, its a damn good game :)

25. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My wife likes to mess with me, everytime im playing and she is on the phone she tells the person on the other end that Im playing Nintendo, like Im playing the 8 bit version of Tecmo Bowl. Which I would if I could.