1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

I love you guys

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

So ... it's Tuesday night and I'm looking to kill some time. I don't have any OLD games to play and I want a warm-up for my game with Wisconsin (Wednesday at 6:30 ET) so I head to the online lobby to try and get a game in. Madden's out now and you can tell by the reduced number of people you see in the lobby. 9 guys in the east room. One of the guys is looking for someone to play, so I bite. As I send him an invite, I see that he's 10-0. I know it's trouble, but I figure that (at least) I'll get to run some of my offense.

I should have known better. I move the ball well against him, but throw a pick on the goalline. He starts off in a goalline formation and proceeds to stay there ... via the no huddle ... and run the same play over and over and over again. Yeah - I'm pissed that I can't stop his one play, but I'm hopeful that I can jam it down his throat. That doesn't happen. I go on to throw three or four picks and lose.

I'm thankful to have a group of guys to play real football with. Thanks for being there every 24-72 hours for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I broke down and played once this year (a few weeks ago) and had an extremely similar experience. The dude called about 3 plays, never punted, and went hurry-up through out. I felt a little guilty about it, but I won on a late FG after putting together a 7 minute drive with the help of "chew the clock". I sent him a nasty message afterward, and will never, ever play a random online game again.

3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I've played a lot of great games online. And I've played a lot of games like this one. I like to play online early in the season before dynasties get into swing and then rarely play after that. Hopefully my next random encounter wont be for a while and will yield a more satisfying experience.