I love you guys

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

So ... it's Tuesday night and I'm looking to kill some time. I don't have any OLD games to play and I want a warm-up for my game with Wisconsin (Wednesday at 6:30 ET) so I head to the online lobby to try and get a game in. Madden's out now and you can tell by the reduced number of people you see in the lobby. 9 guys in the east room. One of the guys is looking for someone to play, so I bite. As I send him an invite, I see that he's 10-0. I know it's trouble, but I figure that (at least) I'll get to run some of my offense.

I should have known better. I move the ball well against him, but throw a pick on the goalline. He starts off in a goalline formation and proceeds to stay there ... via the no huddle ... and run the same play over and over and over again. Yeah - I'm pissed that I can't stop his one play, but I'm hopeful that I can jam it down his throat. That doesn't happen. I go on to throw three or four picks and lose.

I'm thankful to have a group of guys to play real football with. Thanks for being there every 24-72 hours for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I broke down and played once this year (a few weeks ago) and had an extremely similar experience. The dude called about 3 plays, never punted, and went hurry-up through out. I felt a little guilty about it, but I won on a late FG after putting together a 7 minute drive with the help of "chew the clock". I sent him a nasty message afterward, and will never, ever play a random online game again.

3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I've played a lot of great games online. And I've played a lot of games like this one. I like to play online early in the season before dynasties get into swing and then rarely play after that. Hopefully my next random encounter wont be for a while and will yield a more satisfying experience.