I must retire..

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by MileHigh Hitman, Aug 3, 2009.

1. I must retire..

Man oh man. It actually pains me to say this but I am going to hang up my cleats. Well for leagues at least. I just cannot take the crap ea servers anymore. I tried to play online and got a game in no problem. I then played another game and we both got booted with 2 min left. That means I cannot reply on the servers to allow a UvU game and that just takes the fun out of it for me.

I hope I did not disappoint any of you and I am truly sorry. Please look me up online for a game now and then. (If we can get one in. LOL) You guys are probably the classiest guys I have ever met online. I hope to keep in touch too.

Long story short, the fun is gone. Gotta stop to try and get it back.
  2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    Gotta say I'm blown away by this.

Wish it weren't so, but I'm not about to give you hell over it. You've been one of our best.

The door is always open,

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Feb 21, 2009
    Hitman - Is the dropped connection the only reason you're leaving? Have you been having issues with it all along? I have to say, I've experienced no lag in my online games this year. A couple times between plays I've seen the "Please Wait" message, which made me think the game would be lost, but it hasn't happened yet. Granted, I only have about 10 online games under my belt.

You sure you don't want to give it some thought?
  4. Much appreciated AG.

Dat, that's what's odd. I have had ZERO lag in EVERY online game. Then just out of the blue, bam, connection dropped from the ea servers.
  5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    In my normal online games I've had no issues what so ever. I've heard bad things about OD UvU games so I was worried about that. I played Dat this week in my first ever UvU OD game and probably 3 or 4 times I saw the "please wait" message and got scared as I thought we'd be disconnected, but luckily it never happened.

6. Thats why its not fun to play anymore. All i can think about is, when will the connection drop and oh jeez how many times to I have to try to get this user game in.
  7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Feb 21, 2009
    Exactly. That had me pretty worried.

Hitman, you can obviously do whatever you want, and you certainly don't have to justify your decision to me, but I don't get it. You had 1 disconnect and you're giving up online dynasties over it? If this is something that ends up happening every 2 or 3 user games, I might think about quitting too, but do you know that's the case already? Plus, it wasn't really an issue last year, so if it is this year, maybe it's something EA can fix. Either way, why not give it some time?
  8. Time will tell for sure but I dont want the stress while it is worked out. It seems to have been an issue since EA servers started. :) I am just tired of replaying games. Especially when the connection is so strong.

Due to this UvU games feel more like a chore instead of fun like they used to be. To me that's reason enough to stop. I don't want it to be a chore.
  9. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Feb 11, 2009
    People leaving really, really screws a TeamBuilder league.

I can't remove your team nor replace it with a new TeamBuilder team. It's your call, of course, but be aware of this.

10. Hmm, I did not think of that since Team Builder is so new. Sorry about that Raz. You can set it on auto and think of me everytime you see the mustangs right? Then replace them for S2?
  11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Feb 22, 2009
    You meant your thread title to read, "I must NOT retire...", right??

Sad to see this happen Hitman. I hope you reconsider, but based on the other posts you have made, it seems like you are pretty positive this is the move you want to make. Stay in touch, and I hope to see you back playing around these parts!