I need help.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Goose, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Goose

Goose Walk On

I can't hit off the tee over water. It doesn't matter if I club up and aim 50 yards past the hole, it goes in the damn drink every time. My power is only 40, I assume that this is the problem. It's quite frustrating, but I'm still going to give it my best. Any ideas to help out?

Also I duff it out of the rough every damn time. I try to use the right stick to hit it under the ball. What can I do to improve this?

2. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    #1 better CAG
    #2 hit under,but not way under
    #3 keep in mind you'll loose some distance (I still trying to figure out how much)
    #4 hybrid is the best club to get out of rough
    #5 practice - setup a round with muligans hit is in the rough play different shots over and over using the muligan ( square on the PS3,not a clue on X360) to give you an idea what to do
    #6 (just joking) keep in to the fairway and green :D

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Thanks, I figured most of the problem was just my crappy guy and I'd get better through playing.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Dear Tin Cup,

The answer is laying up.

Sincerely,

Don Johnson

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Honestly, a lot of it is just not swinging hard enough. Once I realized that the movement on the stick on your downswing directly correlates to your swing speed (and distance) I've really improved.

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

I have noticed that I've had alot of Slow/Perfects and I'm not even reaching the fairway. I'll have to work on my swing mechanics more. Thanks.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Smooth swing mechanics are key. Straight back, straight forward. I typically get overswing, slow every time but as long as you're close, you'll be fine. If you're hitting really short off the tee, my guess is your forward swing is too slow. Really focus on amping up your skill on the swing stick.

If your power is quite low, don't play from the black tees - play from something a little closer maybe?

As far as hitting out of the rough, I NEVER aim below the ball. If you want to hit it where you're aiming, hit it dead center. I'm not saying there may come a time when you want to hit below the ball like that but for me its much easier to just assume that the ball is going to go where I'm aiming and hit it dead center.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    When you get a slow, how is the top meter? The closer you are to the middle the closer you are to optimal.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'll hit under if I am working short (there is some hazard I am trying to avoid) or out of the bunker.

10. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

keep in mind "slow" is relative. You can be slow and hit it 280 yard and be slow and hit it 200. really what you want to be looking at is the bar right next to slow and how close to the middle it is.

i'm typically Slow/Overswing but i'm right near the 50 percent mark on slow so i'm still hitting the ball pretty well. for me its a trade-off - i'm not hitting it as far as I can, but i'm also under control and getting the accuracy i'm hoping for.

11. stufat

stufat Walk On

this years tiger, you really have to think before each shot, which is taking some getting used to again after last years abomination