I need some help guys

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I need some help guys

I'm having a big problem with my wireless signal on my linksys router. Out of no where it will just shut down and then reappear out of nowhere. It's interfering with my game summaries getting done and really pissing me off. If any of y'all can help me let me know so we can try to get this thing fixed.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Who is your service provider?

Call and have them refresh the signal to your modem. Unplug both your router and modem for ~ 30 seconds, then plug your modem back in, letting it connect to your ISP. Then plug your router in and let it boot.

Sometimes it takes a couple times. Sometimes I have to call comcast and get them to refresh my signal a couple times before it works properly. But this has only happened twice to me in the 6 months I've been where I'm at.

3. Papa Perry

F'n At&t. I've talked to both them and Linksys and they keep blaming the other. I'm pretty sure it's the router's signal. I have my 360 hardlined into the router and it works fine. But the signal will disappear and then reappear. I cussed the one lady from linksys customer support after I got transferred to 3 different departments and then they said they were going to have to charge me for them to fix what they fucked up.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    A weak signal is more times indicative of the service provider, IMO. AT&T will swear up and down that there equipment is always functioning (as will most ISPs).

It could be your router giving out. Know someone close who will let you borrow their router and try it out?

5. Papa Perry

Not really but linksys did tell me that since my model was discontinued if I continue to have problems they'll send me a new one in exchange for mine. So I'm just gonna short circuit the thing and send it in fried.