I need some IT help from this site please

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by ram29jackson, May 5, 2012.

1. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Walk On

I just got a new pc and everything seems to be normal on every other site I go to.

but here on Tradition..where anyone posts a video from youtube or whatever..all I see is the sites grey background...? is there a setting on here I need to change ? where is it ? LOL

help !!

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

1) Google Chrome is your friend
    2) Update Adobe Flash player
    3) Report back

3. Keller

3) Report back

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Just in case you missed Keller 's two posts.

3) Report back

5. Keller

Blame the server troubles.

6. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Walk On

ive had the computer for less than a month. I cant need a new adobe ?..and what should google chrome have to do with it ?

seriously, it has to be simpler than that?... a particular setting ?

7. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    ...is your friend!

8. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Walk On

I still want the reason why its happening though / what is the cause of it ?

9. Keller

Did you actually try any of the things before coming back with new questions?

This isn't necessarily directed at you but if there is one thing that gets under my skin in IT, its users telling me that they know more about computers than I do. When your job is receptionist and I'm surprised you can even get to work everyday without getting yourself killed, I highly doubt you understand more about your computer than I do. That being the case, listen to me when I tell you what to do with your machine.

Okay now I'm done ranting, back on topic.

In order to not seem like a dick, let me explain my thinking.

1) Google Chrome is a vastly superior browser to Internet Explorer (assuming you're using a PC and thats what it comes loaded with by default).
    2) Just because your PC is a month old doesn't mean Adobe Flash is up to date or even installed for that matter. That box could have been sitting in a warehouse collecting dust for MONTHS since it was physically put together and everything was installed. The videos and such you're trying to view here should be using Adobe Flash and so the logical thing to do is ensure that its installed OR make sure its up to date.

Sufficient?

• Like Like x 1
  10. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Walk On

dude, I am asking a question. not telling you your job. The question is...why can I view vids at every other site including youtube and not this one ? why do i need to do any special junk just for here? I dont give a hoot if you think chrome is better.Ii shouldnt have to open different browsers just to view vids on this site...and i'm pretty sure I set it for automatic Adobe updates anyway LOL.

Nothing you need to get huffy about dude :) , I am simply asking... whats the cause?

11. Keller

I was just ranting.

Adobe has many products like Reader/Flash/Photoshop. I'd visit their site and make sure your flash is up to date regardless - like i said from the getgo, then report back and see if anything is different.