I Phone App

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by TBrown80, Jul 7, 2010.

1. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

I Phone App

Sorry, looking to start conversation while I am bored at work.

There is a new app called Pocket Scout. http://storedapps.com/store/games/377940015/Pocket-Scout-College-Football-iPhone-iPad-App-Review

Basically, you enter in your recruits grades and it will give them a rating.

What's the opinion on this regarding league play?

It is quite an advantage for some players (I do not have it) to use it. Seems like a pretty unfair advantage.

Thoughts?

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Step your game up to an iPhone bro :)

3. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

Haha Verizon and Blackberry own my rights until 2012. Maybe I can spin this into an hour special on ESPN when I am available to sign anywhere.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Considering the functionality of it will probably be screwy and tedious at best, I don't have a problem with it.

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I don't see how it's any more of an advantage than when some guys have a job that requires them to be away from the 'box for 12 hours a day while some others are in school or have more flexible schedules that allow them to play more often.

I actually thinks this levels the playing field a bit (for recruiting only).

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Word is that if Verizon gets an iPhone next year that they'll cut a deal for current customers to get it without having to pay the full iPhone price.

7. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Sweet! I can get sh#t done on the couch while the wife watches her stupid t.v. shows and I am waiting to get on the big screen.

8. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

Maybe I should explain it a little more.

The app allows users to plug in their recruits information and find out what their rating will be.

I don't see how that is sim in the least bit?

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think I missed the boat, what's this iPhone app you guys are talking about?

10. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

moblescout, I got a PM from this dude about 2 months ago asking if i would download the program and test it out. I thought he was just trying to spread around a virus or something so I ignored it. It is a little dumb, if you have played NCAA enough, you have a general idea of how a guy will be just by his stats and the scouting reports. Its a waste of money.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

well thank you for giving me the credit, but tbrown is the guy with the links.

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

How is this any different than knowing what the 40 times translate to in terms of speed?

It's pretty general knowledge that someone with a B rating will have 83-86 in that attribute, B+ is 87-90ish, and etc.

If people are truly that worried about ratings, then they just aren't scouting/recruiting correctly anyway...

15. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

This is totally sim! If this were available for RL then Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll and Phil Fulmer would all have it. Especially Saban, Skype should give him half their earnings for as much as he uses it.

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Personally, I don't see how that's any different than someone simming out the season to see what a guy's rating is going to be. I've seen people do that before, and that's definitely not sim to me, but how are you going to stop it?

This does kind of the same thing as the simming of a season, but the person wanting to check things out has to do some work to input grades to see how things pan out. That said, I would say it's fine to use. Just my opinion, anyway.