I phone help

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by BDSDIGITAL, Dec 13, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I have a 3G Iphone.

I'm old school. I know I don't use this phone right, and I don't use it for 99% of stuff I could be using it for I'm sure.

Every time I sync my phone to my itunes it asks me to do a software update....I'm afraid to do this update because I've had people tell me that downloading the updates on the 3g phones will jack them up. But then I have people tell me I have to get the update because I'll be able to multi task and stuff.

Who knows something about this that could tell me what doing the update is really going to do to my phone?

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

it will just slow down the phone a little bit because it is made for the iPhone 4

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Never had the 3G so can't help you there, had the original iPhone for like 4 years and just upgraded to 4

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I have downloaded every update including the 4.0

My phone works fine. Always has

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I've got he 3G and whenever the 4 update came out it basically ruined the speed of mine and apps crash constantly. I'm really waiting for a Iphone on the 4G network to come out and then I'll go ahead and upgrade.

6. BDSDIGITAL

so you got screwed by the download eh? This is exactly what I'm worried about.

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea pretty much had it for a year and a half and DL the Iphone 4 update and hasn't been the same since that. Going on two years now so it's ancient by phone standards.

8. BDSDIGITAL

i see. thanks for that sir.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Why the fug did you spell iPhone like that( I Phone)? Confused the hell outta me:). I was in your boat and then I just cracked the phone and was 'too afraid' to do any updates. I'm upgrading to the newest iPhone in Febuary, you know you gotta buy one 'balla' thing with your income tax money;)

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The version 4 software update works fine on the 3Gs but will fuck up a 3G. It'll still work but it'll be slow as shit.

11. BDSDIGITAL

yeah that's what I'm afraid of. I heard Radio Shack was doing a trade in promotion for 3g phones to upgrade to 4g. That's what I need to do.

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

If your contract is up you can get a 16GB iPhone 4 for $200.