I suck

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I suck

I really suck at this game. Nick Folk has missed (short) 2 last second game winning or tying 47 yard field goals out of 5 games played. I barely managed to get 10 pts. versus the Chiefs today. I will get better as I play and learn the game but if you play me in the next few games you can expect little competition.

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

0-5 here, and I feel very competitive, but also frusterated. Cant run, Cant stop throwing Ints in the Endzone, (this goes back to not being able to run) I feel like my Run D is good, Pass D is getting better, changed my DL starters to generate more Pass Rush. but the final outcome is 0-5. im dead on the water. Dont give up. its a marathon, might take ya a few seasons. I've been out for 2 versions of Madden, and it shows.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

"It's about the journey, not the destination"...

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That's the beautiful thing about a 16 game season and a playoff format. You might start slow, might take an ugly loss here and there, might go on a losing streak, but then there is that big win, maybe you string together 2 or 3 in a row and you're right back in things...Besides, this isn't the only season. We all still have a chance to rebuild, regroup and try again next year. I might be 3-2 but I have 4 hard games in a row and very likely could be 3-6 in two weeks of real time...it is what it is ya' know.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

id rather get blown out than lose every game to a FG in OT like i do with the lions in the tmfl

6. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Dude, I disagree because blowouts mean you have waaay more to fix (usually). but I have to agre that losing in OT SUCKS BALLS. I'll go ahead and say I hate losing, less now than when I used to play Madden, maybe being a little older tempers you. But I hate to lose.

I've lost the last 3 to a fumble on the 15 going in, just trying to milk the clock before i kicked the chipshot FG to win.

and that loss was sandwiched between 2 OT losses where I Never saw the ball.

It does get to you.

I will say that the rules have kept the games interesting for me. being able to not worry that I'm down 14 but I havent run my required 15 times, is very liberating. also the ability to manually play some D, and help stop the bleeding is lots of fun.

Overall, its football, with the team I love IRL, and it can't be any worse than say sorting baked cat turds by size.

7. ScottBGKY

ScottBGKY Guest

Pretty obvious I have sat out a few too many Madden seasons. I suck as well. I'm enjoying the underdog role however. Interestng to see a loss to me bring out an "I suck!" post. It really was a struggle for us both Juggernaut. I failed to mention the TD run on 4th and goal as time expired to tie game and send to OT in the game thread. I really thought my D was going to hold up and make a miraculous stand after stuffing the previous 3 short yardage attempts at the tying TD. Was a fun game.

8. Juggernautblitz

That was a hell of a finish to that game with the 4th and goal time expiring tying TD but what a disappointment to miss another 47 yard field goal to lose the game.
    I won't be giving up, I just need to put more time in to get back in the Madden groove after not playing for a few years. I'll be fighting for a playoff spot this year and the Boys will be contending for the title soon.

9. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

since this the i suck thread, i might as say i suck...at passing. i'm 2-3 b/c i cant pass. if i didnt know better i would say my QB's are throwing games.

10. JB21

JB21 Walk On

i suck too havent played 09 at all i was playing 08 pc til i decided to get madden 10 i have the fastest wrs and one of the best rb in the game and ints are killing me every game

11. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Funny how the guy who created this post beat me by 3 scores. I will get at least 1 win though, mark my words!

12. trutest

trutest Walk On

I too haven't played a console version until now. I was stuck on 08 PC version.

Still adjusting to the new gameplay. Passing game is horrible, way too many turnovers. Running game is so so but could be better.

3-4 in TMFL, 4-1 in SMFL

13. RRAH x2

RRAH x2 Guest

Anybody wanna run a scrimm game? consider it practice to get better? lol well if so just hit me up on live same name as here

14. Juggernautblitz

I might just do that RRAH. The bye week comes at the perfect time for the Cowboys as we are looking to overhaul our offense and defense.

15. RRAH x2

RRAH x2 Guest

do you have a bye week ? I have one this week as well.. man i joined a couple days late because i see we got blasted by JETS this week. I can't wait till next time we play them, hopefully I can save face.

16. trutest

trutest Walk On