I think it is time..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachWest, Feb 21, 2011.

1. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Well as most of you know, I have been trying to protect all the players that I have felt have been overly scrutinized. I am not stranger to being openly criticized but it how you handle it that matters. Tonight Dunlap took another issue to the open chat and I think it is time for him to be suspended indefinitely. Now as I say this I believe that this is his fault only too a certain level. We have had board members take issues to open chat on multiple occasions, he was criticized for doing things that he was advised to do (not sure if this was done in open chat I think it was) when it came to cutting guys he didn't want to overpay and resigning them to a lower mod (Win, Jeremy, Dave, and Myself have told people to do this on multiple occasions), and he was told that because he moved a player twice that the mods were cumulative and that he would have to pay a guy up to possibly x 6 on his salary, which has never been mentioned or applied to any other team.

With that said, I warned him during the latest issue to keep the issue in private chat and he refused. Even now for the last 20 min he is talking about how he is no longer wanted (This isn't far from the truth) and basically is getting it all off his chest. He is playing the victim, which in many ways is also close to the truth, but also is doing it in open chat which is the wrong way to do it. We as board members need to be held to a higher standard, and through our example is voicing his frustration openly. I will copy some of the transcript for proof, but again I only move to have him suspended for a time and not booted entirely because this is his fault only to a limited degree. Next time I witness this behavior by anyone I will be giving them a verbal warning, and like in Dunlaps case if they have been warned before, I will be pushing to suspend them regardless of who you are. If you don't believe me... test me ... I know I am the low man here but this league is bigger than me or any of you. SO first order is a suspension vote for Dunlap, we can discuss length after we have a up or down decision.

My Conversation with him

CoachWestofESI 2:42 am
    I am heading to bed
    you deal with it the way you feel you need to
    I wont judge
    your a grown man
    you know what your doing
    god knows I cant get upset abotu your actions
    there yours, and yours alone
    Enjoy your night

Dunlap-Jags 2:43 am
    later

Dunlap-Jags 2:44 am
    Well fellas. . . .

mustang2 02 41 2:44 am
    dude u just got home from work
    go make a banquet microwave meal and stfu

no ive been home all day

mustang2 02 41 2:44 am
    bum
    get out and party

its Sunday.
    But I think I may be gone come tomorrow.

mustang2 02 41 2:45 am
    im jewish, saturday is my sunday
    joke i would never be jewish

Dunlap-Jags 2:45 am
    From the sounds of it, they are throwing the hammer down on me.

mustang2 02 41 2:45 am
    whats that mean
    hardcore prior to the move

Dunlap-Jags 2:46 am
    No it means that the board has had enough of me.

mustang2 02 41 2:46 am
    well ill say i have
    stop running your mouth to them
    they are hungry

Dunlap-Jags 2:47 am
    too late
    ive accepted my fate

mustang2 02 41 2:47 am
    i will defend u
    but not if you throw screens on 4th and 1 and run past the numbers
    you would have hammered me for it

Dunlap-Jags 2:49 am
    you think i'm joking around.....but this sucks

mustang2 02 41 2:49 am
    hey i never ran my mouth
    stop being worried
    just shut up

Dunlap-Jags 2:50 am
    i cant shut up now. this is my last night here!
    gotta use it while i got it.

mustang2 02 41 2:50 am
    stop being drama queen
    jeremy hates u thats all
    but he cools down hes a girl too

Dunlap-Jags 2:50 am
    when mr X tells me i'm gone, then i know im gone

mustang2 02 41 2:51 am
    whos X

Dunlap-Jags 2:51 am
    dont wanna out him here.

mustang2 02 41 2:51 am
    blogger X
    that worked out well with the X last time

Dunlap-Jags 2:51 am
    blogger x was good stuff
    even you have to admit that

mustang2 02 41 2:52 am
    that was D/C year
    i didnt care about omfl

Dunlap-Jags 2:52 am
    shit....im drunk and now its midnight and im depressed about a video game. how sad.

mustang2 02 41 2:52 am
    well its 3 am for me and im drunk
    not depressed tho

Dunlap-Jags 2:53 am
    well raise hell for me tomorrow.

mustang2 02 41 2:53 am
    ill make sure your not removed
    i wouldnt have a half ass rivalry if you left
    which i own so
    too bad nate didnt make me board today like he said then i would have more of a say

Dunlap-Jags 2:54 am
    its cool. it was a good run.

mustang2 02 41 2:55 am
    if your not gone tomorrow
    im smacking you for this shit

Dunlap-Jags 2:55 am
    and if i am? who are you smacking?

mustang2 02 41 2:56 am
    not sure
    jeremy i suppose
    or X

Dunlap-Jags 2:57 am
    damn! conspiracy
    dave just wanted me to trade him MJD before he booted my ass

mustang2 02 41 2:57 am
    why would dave hate u

Dunlap-Jags 2:57 am
    everybody hates me

mustang2 02 41 2:58 am
    i said everyone hates chris yesterday
    and u said everyone hated me
    but really they love me and hate you

Dunlap-Jags 2:58 am
    only because you dont win enough

mustang2 02 41 2:58 am
    well when i do win i give mad props
    and when i get lucky i say i got lucky
    when i lose i bitch and complain cheese tho

Dunlap-Jags 2:59 am
    i am the most gracious loser in this league.
    there are some BAD losers

mustang2 02 41 2:59 am
    i agree
    but i would say maybe dave would be the most gracious loser in this league
    when you lose like 3 games in 2 seasons theres not many times to say u were gracious

Dunlap-Jags 3:01 am
    i know thats the problem
    lol
    nobody ever says i cheese or that i run it up or rub it in, or that when i lose i freak out
    well i'm out
    never forget Dunlap! adios

"HEAT" mustang2 02 41 3:07 am
    peace
    forever and always

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I dunno man, i dunno, she was running his mouth alot yesterday, something i walked in on after work...

coachwestofesi@gmail.com 7:00 pm right I know
    Dunlap coachwestofesi@gmail.com 7:02 pm why you gogin for broke?
    sterlingcoug 7:03 pm what u mean?
    coachwestofesi@gmail.com 7:03 pm Tryign to get kicked out lol
    sterlingcoug 7:03 pm lol what'd i do now?
    coachwestofesi@gmail.com 7:04 pm you said your runing it up on OX and dont care if you got booted lol
    sterlingcoug 7:04 pm just talkin shit
    coachwestofesi@gmail.com 7:04 pm Ahhh
    sterlingcoug 7:04 pm but maybe i was telling the truth
    coachwestofesi@gmail.com 7:04 pm lol

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I've never been more disgusted by some of the stuff I saw went on in the general blast chat last night, not sure what i missed since it only shows back so far, but I'm pretty sick of these people (not just dunlap) slamming board members or the board as a whole after all the work we just put into it. WTF "winuvas rushed through the offseason period just so he can get bids up on his free agents"? That was a real gem of a conversation I happened to see. I'm just sick of these alleged grown men using the blast room as their own little babified bitch session. I'm starting to think having this chat was a bad idea for non-adults. After all the stuff we did this past week, it's real nice to walk in there and get called stupid or full of shit, etc (not me personally, just either "the board" or " the cap team")

4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

First for some comic relief.

I think Dunlap was ragging. Got drunk. Didnt get any man milk and that was the reason he was depressed. We all have been there. When we dont get any, its a little depressing. Hell, im married. If it werent for the lifetime of roofies I have stored in my medicine cabinet I would be more depressed than I am now.......

First on the Dunlap. Not sure if its excuses or not. Drunk so be it. Ill fucking talk to him. I dont have a history with him and if he needs a sounding board, i dont mind doing it. My only problem is that Im not awake on the PST so we may need to (get ready for more comic relief) tag team him. I agree with West that I think we all dog on Dunlap a lot for his bitching and truth be told, we created this monster. We've let this shit go on for far too long. The blast chat is great since it brings people together. It also sucks because some people use it as a soapbox. Im not sure if he is just bitter he's not on the board anymore and frankly I dont care. But the truth of the matter is, he is in the league.

As for the talk about blowing out OX.... tough cookies. I actually think its part of their rivalry. ive seen some blowouts in this league. Ox, play your game! Thats all I can say.

Does he really want to get booted? No. That's far from the case IMHO. You will hate what Im going to say, but at one point, you had him as a respected owner and was a board member. Something changed that. (Was that his decision or yours?) However, he is still a "respected" owner and has been here since day 1. People in the league (other than the board) do value what he has to say and he has been a key contributor.

Im not sure how a suspension would work and to be honest, it would probably be just better to boot him than suspend him. I dont think the suspension would sit well with him but if you do want to keep him, then whoever is going to talk to him, should lay the cards on the table for him.

Second part.

The public bashing of the board members, cap team, trade committee etc. This is another sucky answer so please forgive me. Im on the board but Im not on the cap book team and such. Dont listen to the comments. FUCK THESE OTHER IDIOTS. We are all trying to do whats best. I know im only the league media rep but Ill gladly listen to people gripe if you want. It goes back to the statement above. The blast chat is great but people will voice their opinions. They get frustrated for whatever reason. The blast chat is the easiest place for them to get out their feedback. Again, its probably easy for me to say that since In all reality, I wasn't sure what else I could do to help.

I tell my wife their is a fine line between hearing and listening. I tell her I can hear her just fine. That doesnt mean im listening. Why does that apply here? Its in the chat, just dont listen to it. HOWEVER, in order to respond to the knuckleheads, I do think it might be a good idea to create a "mailbox" with questions, feedback, etc that people can post questions to. Maybe create a policy for "gripes". Just a suggestion.

Lastly and probably most importantly. These little discussions on the forum are like little timecapsules. Meaning, if someone gets on the board, they can simply look back and see the dirty laundry. Imagine the damage that can be done if someone was to post these types of discussions on the open board, email, or blast chat? Why I mention that is if you bring someone on the board who is a friend of a departed (booted) player you may open a can of worms. Not sure what if anything should or can be done. Figured In would throw it out there.

Meant to add, Im also saying NO to suspension mainly because im not sure how it would work. The length of suspension wouldnt matter. It should either be a Boot or not. Either way I say no.... At this tim

5. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

yeah the BS that is going on is just pushin me away no offense i have enough drama with 3 little kids to have to deal with all this BS

6. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

At this point we need to set an example, what I was unable to post was the conversation preceding this when he was blasting board discussions and starting a trouble. Everything I posted was after my 3rd conversation of, you need to stop, take this in private chat. I move to suspend him from the open chat for 2 weeks and suspend him for 1 game minimally. It is enough of an example to get notice, would beat up his pride enough for the lesson, but not have any long term damage on the league. Anyone second the motion?

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think he goes away from chat for a couple weeks and misses two games. I get tired of the drama the dude takes this game way to seriously..Its not real life, you arent playing real football and your not a great coach.

There I feel better.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am not touching any of this with a 20 ft pole.

9. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I will talk to him tonight also I am pretty honest with him and I will let you know what comes of it. I am gonna tell him straight up to stop the little girl stuff or I myself am gonna put him for a boot call. As far as the stuff in the chat goes I agree with KO thinking that is why it is there for the most part if that is the worst they can do so be it. Is it disrespectful, yes but it is easily ignored and or laughed off. I am more worried about gameplay and the cap loops holes then words in a chat in the middle of the night personally.

10. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

SO are we just delivering a stern warning.... Honestly, because of previous chats I thought this would be a last straw deal but based on reactions it looks as if most folks were blowing off steam. If that is the case, something does need to be decided, and I do believe at least a suspension from the general chat needs to be done for a small period of time. I think more than a few people need some pressure released concerning Dunlap, so that when there is something trivial here in the near future. We don't go overboard. So I guess we are putting a new vote on, to suspend him from general chat for 1 or 2 weeks. Please just a thumbs up or down, and how long.

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Knowing dunlap, if we confront him about this, he will get defensive real quick and then throw out an ultimatum like "if you want me to leave then just tell me too"

He will get so personally insulted that he prob will quit anyways, gotta remember we dealing with a drama queen in every sense of the word

12. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I have been in contact with him, and he has admitted that he screwed up last night, he actually asked to stay, and was stressing at the thought of a suspension. He also formally asked for us to consider a suspension from the chat as an alternative to one form the league. I am happy to oblige his so long as it satisfies everyone's needs, and that he can start out with an entirely clean slate there after. Basically, as if time was served.... I have been a huge support for him as a vent, and here in the board room and I know that it has depleted my credibility account a little. If we take this route, again it would be to satisfy those who want some justice served, but also wipe him clean. :)

13. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I disagree with 'wiping clean'. you forgive, but you never forget.

14. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Forgiving takes time. Forgetting probably not. Clean slate sure. Yes on Censure. One week is my proposal.