I think it's best if ...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think it's best if ...

... we move a few guys around to get more competition, but don't attempt any kind of restart. It's just to big a task to start over, and I think even those who would be in favor of it now would regret it later.

What do you guys think?

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Also, if anyone is in the running for a National Championship, I don't necessarily want them to have to move if they don't want to. We could just as easily set up the changes now, and implement them at the end of the year. That way, guys have a choice. Just something to consider.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I wasn't a huge fan of having to change teams, but I was willing to do so in favor of a new setup/re-start if that's what everyone wanted. In this new plan, I feel that as one of the odd teams out, I'm at a disadvantage. Even if I finish out the year with TTU, I'll have to join another team, which means my red-shirt and recruiting efforts will have been for nothing. In addition, this year will lose some value, because in the long-run, it means nothing. TTU moves to 4-stars, but who cares? I'll be elsewhere. Plus, I'll have to hope that my new team recruited intelligently. In the words of South Park, that's kind of gay.

I want BYU to keep his school and 'Dog obviously loves Miss St., but they're the lone schools in their conference right now. With Nebraska and TTU already in play, it'd seem simpler to add to the Big 12. I just don't want to lie and make it seem like I'm not disappointed with the circumstances.

Now, as mentioned, I am more fluid than most, and I stated long before that I'm in it for the long haul ... but I'd hate to make a change and then see another guy or two leave the league after decisions were made based on their allegiances. For instance, if BYU, Dog, or Carol leaves, I'll be F'N pissed.

TDL2 being dismissed overnight has added to my frustration. I've put a lot of effort into both leagues, and now it seems as though it's all for nothing. I don't want to have the same feeling in a month or so.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am happy with the fact we are not restarting.

I can assure you EGO I am not going anywhere unless the good Lord takes me somewhere against my will.

I also think you are correct in your assessment about the Big 12, I also don't want guys to give up the team they are dedicated to running. The only solution that I see to this is to either

a. move me to a sec school, or mwc school (not wild about either, but would take UF if forced to).

b. implement a three user game per year rule.

I vote for B. Under this option no one is walking into the NC game uncontested. You want in? You have to beat three other humans to get there. It will make getting there so sweet. It will also add to the excitement of the season. I also think we should strive to make a "rivalry" week in our conference where everyone plays a user-user game the same week. This way if it takes a week to get them all in so be it. We will have plenty to discuss and lots of fun doing so.

5. egofailure

Carol, it's good to hear that you're going to be here for a while. User longevity can't be understated. Plus, I love how psyched you get for this shit. We're a lot alike in this way.

I think you have a lot of good stuff in this post. I'm down with the entire final paragraph.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Under my plan B option here are some solutions:

Buckeyes play the following: PSU, BYU, FSU

PSU plays: OSU, PSU, ND

ND plays: BYU, NEB, PSU

MSU plays: VTech, FSU, TTU

TTU plays: NEB, Oregon, MSU

BYU plays: ND, Oregon, OSU

VTech plays: FSU, MSU, PSU

FSU plays: Vtech, MSU, OSU

Neb plays: TTU, Oregon, ND

Oregon plays: BYU, TTU, NEB

Now this is only a suggestion and is obviously VERY fluid. But what do you guys think?

7. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I am good with this. I ask to move to lsu please.

8. egofailure

Man, you did that with quickness. I like it ...

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You sure? They're 1-4 at the moment.

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Yeah. It will be a blast to turn their season around!

11. egofailure

Now THAT's the TDL attitude! ;)

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Here is a new schedule based on the "LSU" change:

OSU plays: PSU, BYU, FSU

PSU plays: OSU, PSU, ND

ND plays: BYU, NEB, PSU

MSU plays: LSU, FSU, TTU

TTU plays: NEB, LSU, MSU

BYU plays: ND, NEB, OSU

VTech plays: FSU, LSU, PSU

FSU plays: Vtech, MSU, OSU

Neb plays: TTU, BYU, ND

LSU plays: MSU, Vtech, TTU

13. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I'd rather have the users you play each season change somewhat. Now obviously as LSU I would play MSU and Florida (if he joins) but I'd also like the chance to play each of the users in the dynsaty as the seasons progress. Just my thoughts.

14. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Also I didn't play my Oregon vs Washington State game for the current week. I'd rather just skip that game and go straight to play the LSU matchup they have for the week.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

OUt of that list here are the winners and losers as I see it (no bias per user ability, only real life assumptions based on perfomance in reality)

Winners: LSU, Nebraska

Losers: PSU, VTech

Everyone else is kinda meh! Some good games, a couple mediocres

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I agree: i was only trying to illuistrate a sample set up. I can run a list that shows how many open games you have, and how many automatics based on conference play.

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

OSU plays: PSU, team x, team y

PSU plays: OSU, team x, team y

ND plays: team x, team y, team z

MSU plays: LSU, team x, team y

TTU plays: NEB, team x, team y

BYU plays: team x, team y, team z

VTech plays: FSU, team x, team y

FSU plays: Vtech, team x, team y

Neb plays: TTU, team x, team y

LSU plays: MSU, team x, team y

Now you can go ahead and schedule games with those team x, y, and zs. It could be rotated every year so you get to play different users. But some games: Such as BYU-ND might want to be played every year to create a "RIVALRY Week" scenario.

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It is done.

19. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

We are on a Thursday / Sunday advance schedule now right?

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think so. We could use the extra time to sort things out.

21. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Awesome! LSU is running the Syracuse Pro Style playbook on offense and 4-3 on defense!