I think we should think about going to 7 minute qtrs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Jan 1, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I like the time it takes to get a game in. Still long enough yet not too long. I think games will get played sooner and faster. I think the season will move along quicker as well.

What do you guys think?

IMO the upside to this far outweighs any downside.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I think games are fast enough as is, if a guy holds the ball for a 4-6 min drive, he eats up a whole quarter pretty much. With that said, I am not against going 7 either. Either way it totally fine with me.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I dont think going from 8 to 7 mins would help us advance any quicker. I really dont have a problem with the 8 min qtrs right now. i have not heard one complaint regarding this either and I think the league as a whole is okay with what we have now.

With that being said, if I was presented with a good argument that favored 7min, i could be swayed.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Can we get more thoughts on this?

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I personally do not have an opinion either way. I'm open to either setup. I think one minute off each quarter will not make a difference as far as time played and the like.

6. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I have seen guys eat up entire quarters with 8, I couldn't imagine going to 7 ...

7. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I prefer 8 as well - it just seems like with 7 minute quarters, you feel rushed when you get behind early b/c you don't have much time to come back.