1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

I think we should think about going to 7 minute qtrs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Jan 1, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I like the time it takes to get a game in. Still long enough yet not too long. I think games will get played sooner and faster. I think the season will move along quicker as well.

What do you guys think?

IMO the upside to this far outweighs any downside.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I think games are fast enough as is, if a guy holds the ball for a 4-6 min drive, he eats up a whole quarter pretty much. With that said, I am not against going 7 either. Either way it totally fine with me.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I dont think going from 8 to 7 mins would help us advance any quicker. I really dont have a problem with the 8 min qtrs right now. i have not heard one complaint regarding this either and I think the league as a whole is okay with what we have now.

With that being said, if I was presented with a good argument that favored 7min, i could be swayed.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Can we get more thoughts on this?

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I personally do not have an opinion either way. I'm open to either setup. I think one minute off each quarter will not make a difference as far as time played and the like.

6. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I have seen guys eat up entire quarters with 8, I couldn't imagine going to 7 ...

7. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I prefer 8 as well - it just seems like with 7 minute quarters, you feel rushed when you get behind early b/c you don't have much time to come back.