I Tip My Hat

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Sep 29, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I just wanted to say I tip my hat to you guys over the last week.

When playing in these leagues nothing frustrates me more than seeing ridiculous scores come out of games that should be close or losses to the CPU. I mean no offense, but when user teams are able to beat up on the premiere CPU programs in this league I lose A LOT of interest. However, seeing the much closer scores and the losses to the CPU over the past week have made me so much more excited to be a part of this dynasty. So I wanted to thank you guys for raising the level of this dynasty in my eyes.

I know we all play to win, but when we have 12 user teams ranked in the top 25 at the end of every season this stuff gets really boring. Also, I think there tends to be a stigma in leagues where guys are afraid to lose to the CPU cause they don't want to be "that guy!" that got beat by a CPU team while everyone else is undefeated. I think if we all play the game for what it is and take the CPU losses when they earn them the experience in the experience will be a much better one. It'll be a lot more fun anyways and much less cut throat.

So I tip my hat to you guys. I know it's possible to go cheesedick at times on the CPU and do whatever is necessary to get that "W" when no one is watching, but at the end of the day that takes away from the league as a whole. So please guys, don't be ashamed to take a CPU loss. I fully expect to take my share of them over the coming weeks and especially next season.

Cheers guys!

P.S.

Now will somebody beat UofC's ass already!!!

P.S.S.

Last night playing against Ohio St was the most fun game against the CPU I've had in a while for the reasons mentioned above. Never once did I feel like "I have to win this game!" in order to remain relevant in the dynasty with my inferior team. Instead, I was able to play the game the way I'd like, mixing up my playcalling and trying all kinds of things, even if I knew they were probably unlikely to work. Luckily in the end a couple of them did work and resulted in some big plays that catapulted me to a "W". And also thanks to Braxton Miller's low awareness resulting in his inability to find open WRs. But I just wanted to put that out there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I WANNA BE FIRST TO WIN THE NATI'!!!!!! :) haha. But yeah. Big games coming up. Get Arizona St after their tough loss and then get Colorado two weeks removed from their HUGE upset and then if i win those two i get the Pac-12 Championship and if i win that the National Title! I'm STOKED. Just glad I'm not steam rolling and it's actually a competition to win against these teams

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That's how I've always played and always will play.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Your always modest and always will be.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

When you're as awesome as I am, modesty comes naturally.

But what's not modest about saying that I always play the CPU fair and won't cheese it (especially when it's true)?

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

fixed it for ya...lol