I was enlightened...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I was enlightened...

The new Redskins owner has been very helpful recently since joining our franchise. I've chatted with him before (he is apparently friends with Cimmy so we've been talking since Cimmy joined up), and when he joined he suggested an application which I think will kick 7 kinds of butt. This is a link to what I have up:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtD6gsxHAhBjdGtmdmh2dUllNWk0bFpIWG9vMTVuRWc&hl=en

It's called Google docs. It basically allows you to store files on the Google servers, and gives the creator (aka me) access to allow certain emails rights to edit files, just read files, or the like.

I just uploaded the cap book file. Please give it a look as soon as you can and tell me if:
    1. You can read the page
    2. You can read the file

If you guys like it, I can give board members access to edit the book (though if you do I respectfully request you let me know), and all email addresses in our league the right to view the file. No more uploading here. And, as an added bonus, I can download the files as I update them to my computer so I always have a "master copy" to go off of should the Google servers drop.

Let me know what you guys think. We can also use this thing for:
    1. draft databases (updates instantly!)
    2. Word documents (can upload the power structure of the league there as well!)

2. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Looks awesome.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya he told me about. hes extremely helpful. hes a great guy. do it!

4. natedawg212000

wow.. looks great. i just looked at the link. that will realllllly help streamline things.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'll just need email addresses for board members so they can edit if need be.

I'm not sure if you have to have a google account to edit, but we won't know until we try.

I'll also need email addresses for all people in the league. That way people can actively check their cap books online and verify things for me.

Also, do we want to post other items like our league conflict resolution stuff? Maybe even our league rulebook as a word document?

6. natedawg212000

whatever you guys think is fine with me. Also mine is 'nathanlejeune@bellsouth.net' make a post about asking for the league's emails and i can psn everyone about it. we just need a post explaining the new system. unveil it!

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

All righty then.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I did a link for the OMFL Chain of Command and stuck it in with the long thread. After all teams have signed it, I would like to unsticky the Dunlap post and just put the Google Doc link if that is alright with everyone. That way it's easily viewable instead of having to download and unzip a file.

I also have a link for the OMFL rulebook. I edited it a bit (the offseason part was outdated), but other than that it is identical. Here it is:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdD6gsxHAhBjZHhtbTl4ZF8xaGg4amQ3OXQ&hl=en

If you want I can unsticky the old rulebook thread and put this one up, if it looks alright. Again, once I get emails and the like I'll start marking who has access to edit it or just read it.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!