I won't be playing...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, May 16, 2010.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I won't be playing...

with y'all next year if aggressive dline is allowed and shit like that...

just tired of it being a crutch and it's unrealistic and cheap.

Been playing in another league where none of it's allowed and it feels true to good football where i'm actually outplayed on the field and not outcheesed...I even hate using the damn thing but I don't want to be on an uneven playing field.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I like it as an option but in C2C I stress that it needs to be mixed up and used in pass situation or in blitz happy times but not just leaving it on the whole game.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

that's a hell of a way to try and get things accomplished...

If we don't ban the 3-3-5 and the 4-2-5 next season as base defenses... im not playing with you guys either....

:p

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

U know mo I would have made a gentlemans agreement not to use it in our games if u would have spoke up earlier. I would be for not using any of them.

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Ok, its been fun having you around. (y)

In all seriosness though we need to look at it along with many other things that are used and done in games.

3-3-5 and 4-2-5 as base D's fit in this category also. As does running around like a chicken with it head cut off as a QB and running everytime your WRs are covered or using nothing but slants and posts as your entire passing O.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Mo I know it hurts you even more than most because your style of play is to sit there in the pocket for a decade or scramble around waiting for the defense to break down. Sorry but real-life QB's don't have the kind of time you require. I think the game is cheesier without aggressive D line on.

Assuming the game were the same as now, I could definitely agree with turning off hard hitting though. I felt that was lame. Constant hard hits feels cheap and lame but like you, gotta have it on most of the time for an even playing field.

But with D line on.. I bet you STILL get more time in the pocket than a real life QB. I just think it's funny because we have the perfect view which a real QB does not have and we still need more time in the pocket than a real QB? Damn

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The slants and posts thing I was never all that concerned with in NCAA 10. If the game is broken again next year and the only routes that get open are slants and posts (against man) then I will be going to those a lot once again. :)

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL really?

Check this...

today, there were instances that before I got to my 5th step, I was destroyed...that happened routinely.

There were instances where I did like fosh use to do...let the CPU drop back for me...even that, the rush was sacking me instantly.

See that hurts those that really would like to do a Texas Tech like offense...all you have to do is set defensive line to aggressive and play the pass...and that's shut down...and that's not right.

As oppose to when I played Noles...he didn't use it...and I did beat his defense but he had some turnovers, he got sacks on me...sometimes the offensive line will get beat off the line...but not all the time...all my guys have PBK ratings of 90 and above besides my LT. It's an uneven playing field...there's a reason why some leagues actually just ban the thing because it's overly effective.

JMS, I been playing u with the agg. dline on and it's whatever to me...it evens the playing field I guess.

But mostly this year, I haven't used it...not against ryno, not against knighnoles (who asked me why I didn't turn it on)...usually if you don't use it, I don't use it...

It's at the point that I've seen it in action and I've seen it NOT in action and it's not good at all.

I've always been fair on my side...I don't play my FS 5-7 yards to the LOS, I don't have to use the 3-3-5 defense (besides it's been getting shredded and the defensive alignments seem out of whack in regards on who defends who).

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

yeah I mean, say whatever you want about T1, you have won two titles in this thing in NCAA 10 alone for one, and for another thing, at least defenses MATTER in this league.

Last night in me and Clemson's game there were a combined 13 sacks and there were still 51 points scored in the game. That tells me that we NEED sacks as a league to give the defenses a shot. The QBs are too accurate, the coverage against the good routes is too bad, to not have pressure on the QB.

I dunno why you're complaining. You've never seen a QB get sacked before getting into throwing position in a real game? Shit one time against Clemson I was sacked before i was finished with my first read!

The five sacks I gave up against Clemson are a season high for me and I realized afterward (and in the 2nd half) that I wasn't doing enough as far as protections.. Keeping the TE in to block at times really helped me in the 2nd half.

10. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

I remember reading an article in Sports Illustrated following the Bucs Raiders superbowl a few years back. The average time an NFL QB (idk about college) has in the pocket is 3.7 seconds. At that point, he is looking to get sacked, on average.

I think for the college game around 4-4.5 seconds is reasonable. Most passing trees are developed for the branches to distinguish themselves from coverage at around 3 seconds.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Im suprised you waited till we have been through 10 seasons to express your disdain for the d-line settings.

I assume its not me in particular but just the game that put you over the edge. You had 7 sacks I had 8.

I tend to line up with Helli on the d-line setting....I think all the game plan settings lose there effectiveness if you play with them on all game. I personally like to use the d-line settings on big plays and adjust all my settings frequently.

12. BRUCE80

8 sacks to 7 huh?

You can make people pay for using it all game long, they will jump offsides alot.

Then if they try to do it to you and its not on they false start...my personal favorite.

13. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I agree with Mo on this........

I was sacked 7 times by the same player against Alabama. (All but one of the sacks I was standing in the pocket)

The most frustrating sacks are those where the opposing player is rushing 3 against your Linemen and a TE and they still get to the QB. Ridiculous! I have to blitz to get pressure.

I threw three picks.... 2 of those were due to being hit by the player who sacked me 7 times....

What doesn't make sense is if you try and counter it by using Agressive "Hold Block" or "Impact Blocks" you will get called for holding and clipping.

This leads to why slants are being run a great deal of the time because you have no time to throw the ball against the better D-Lines like Georgia and Alabama.

I like "Mo" want to feel I am losing to a better player not because some fluke in the game settings.

I have tried to play agressive against these teams and my players just do not get to the QB in the same manner. You give any player in this league some time to throw and they will pick you apart.

The Alabama game was frustrating as I have a LT who is rated (97) getting beat by a Redshirt-Sophomore for 7 sacks. Not realistic!

14. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Bullshit!

You use them all game against me and Helli does as well.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ^

Ramirez gets it...

again I've played with it on all game and off all game...the dline still gets decent amount of pressure with it off...

And to think as well, you can get tons of pressure consistently with it on, only rushing 3-4 men while dropping 7-8 into coverage...just gives an uneven playing field.

I mean a team like Bama has beasts already as is and giving it the advantage of the dline aggressive makes it overbearing...again there's no real way to offset this because that setting has no counter to it.

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

First, I can't speak for helli but that statement for me is untrue. I switch my settings all the time.

Your posting like you never had your d-line on aggressive???? I think your DE is the single season sack leader of all time with 27 sacks!!!! I am sure all done with out going aggressive.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[youtube]fTtgVSxfr5M[/youtube]

18. BRUCE80

However our new setting works out, Ram and Fosh have to play every season no matter what.

Best pals forced to do battle...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m1RDwOUfSe4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m1RDwOUfSe4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

19. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I set the sack record Maipulating the player on my own......

Your guy sacked me 7 times all by himself..... That is not realistic. I also saw how you manipulate the settings by the video on Justin TV. You do switch the agressive on and off....But it is definitely left on for extended periods of time.

I have absolutely used agressive d-line, but I am not able to generate the same pressure as you. (your Nano-Blitzes)

I tried to hand the ball off on 3 occasions against you and my QB was tackled before my running back even touched the ball. Not realistic!

If you've found a hole in the game then "kudos" to you. Unfortunately, it does not resemble football at all. The last 5 games we have played I have probably been sacked 50+ times.

Now your choosing USC........laughable!

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

fosh i think Mike just called you a cheeser! Your turn!

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm not gonna get into an argument about th is, I got my ass kicked a couple of times due to the D-lines and now I do what everybody in the league is doing and if there needed to be rules for this then there should have been rules requested before 10 seasons of play.

I saw things that I thought weren't fair and brought them to the attention of the league, that's how I roll ;)

22. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I have been 'demonized' for bringing things up in the past so I kept quiet on this. I noticed 5 seasons ago that the time for the QB was diminsihing very rapidly in this version.

I've never been a high interception user until this version.

The pressure on the Qb just seems way over the top.

In the last version I play "Mo" and maybe sacked him 4 times in 5 games. The two times I have played "Mo" in this version..... getting to the Qb was not an issue against his team.

Alabama has the luxury of the best Defensive Line and Offensive Line in the game.

When he goes aggressive it is nonsense. Look at video's Online (Justin TV) you can see just what "mo' is complaining about.

Your very lucky to see your first read unless your looking out of the corner of your eye.

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

We all know how things go when we argue Auburn...i'll be the bigger man...I think its more frustration. And when your behind like you've been 5 years in a row you pass more...more oppurtunities to get sacks...not to mention 4 years of hamilton running around crazy he was a sack magnet with over 60 in a season....are you mad at the CPU also?

If USC is available when its my turn I just might pick them...I am not sure whats laughable about that.

24. jfosh

jfosh Super

after 10 seasons if your o-line and d-line is dominant you have recruited it to be that way...I dont think apoligies are in order...as players if your having trouble being successful look in the mirror

25. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thats his standard response....I am not getting caught in that mouse trap