I would like to propose a new rule for 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Sep 3, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I would like to propose a new rule for 2010

More like an adendum to our recruiting rules. I think that we recruit too many 4 stars. I think in the 1st few years of our dyanasty we should build up to the top recruits. I suggest that you can only offer to 4 star recruits the amount of your teams ranking plus if all recruiting guidelines were followed 1 5 star player. For example Houston in 2009 was a :2stars: program they could offer scollys to 2 4 star players. In 2010 UH became a :3stars: program they followed all guidelines in the previos season so they can offer 3 4 star players and 1 5 star. They can have as many 4 and 5 star players as they want on their board but can only offer ships to 3-4's and 1-5. Why do this? I like to think that we are not BCS teams and we should recruit acordingly to be a little more sim. This is just a suggestion. I think Murk had said something about looking into this and its my two cents.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Not being a butt here but I've been wondering this....who recruited too many 4*'s? I mean, yes, I had the #1 user class but only had 2 4*'s (I'd be fine under your proposition). Just curious here.

Also with something like this though you MUST take location of the recruits into the consideration here. If I have a couple 4*'s from OK that are really interested that should play into whatever we do. In state recruiting should matter more and have its advantages IMHO, yes, there are teams that have in state advantages by being in a FL, TX, OH, PA...but thats the way it is in real life!

I know I'm rambling here, but, its just my 2 cents. I'm really just curious where the over-recruiting of 4*'s is coming from and what we are considering "over-recruiting". :D

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

There were a handful of teams that didn't get any 4's. I got 2 and 1 of them was at the last minute....we should be allowed to recruit good players too.....Good players come from these schools...see Chris Johnson and Kevin Smith off the top of my head.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

No I am not talking about you Jman (you had a great class nothing out of the ordinary) but I think we have a huge advantage in the CUSA over the MAC teams. One of the advantages of the TX,FLA,OK teams is the proximity to home pitch because we have so many more recruits in these states. There were over 300 recruits in 2009 in TX alone. I like to think we are building programs up in a sim league my opinion is just that we get too many 4 star recruits for the teams we have. In real life the only team that regularly gets 4 star recruits and an ocational 5 star is USM. Tulsa, UH, UCF, ECU get a few every other year. So we don't all start getting top 25 recruiting classes this would limit that happening. Maybe we don't need this rule I am just proposing it.

5. Jman

That, I definitely tend to agree with.

I didn't mean to seem defensive on my other post York, sorry if it did...I just want to make sure I'm called on it if it was me. I do agree with the general sentiment youre coming to the table with though. We need to ensure we won't have a class of 8, 9, 10, or more 4*'s in the conferences we are in, that really would be unrealiastic.

I personally think too many people get hung up on trying to recruit 4, and 5 stars anyways...I love making a living off of 3*'s and to an extent 2*'s because alot of times they can be better than the "big" recruits.

6. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

And thats why im trying to recruit those FL boys to Buff love them pipeline states

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think the rule york came up with is good...plus the coaching benefits and what not...you should be fine

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

for sure J I like that too. I like to redshirt most of my freshman. That is what usually happens anyway. i like the 2-3 star guys to sit for a couple of years.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I agree with the rule. And its not even really a big cut... so instead of being able to recruit 6 or 7 :4stars: we can only recruit 3 or 4 :4stars: not much difference really. I think 2* and 3* with the occasional 4* and 5* recruits should allow us to build the type of teams that we want while still allowing the CPU to have a small chance against users.

Also, most :2stars: recruits come in rated around 70(which is better than most of my upperclassmen). Considering they will most likely go up around 12 overall points(this is almost a lowball estimate at +4 per year) throughout their career, we should be left with teams ranging from B- to B+... which would be nice.

until we start moving up into the BCS conferences :D

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I only had 3 or 4 that were looking at me anyway.

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm fine with moving the rule that way. I started to go after 4 star guys around week 7 or 8 or so. At that point, I checked out the 4 star guys that didn't have any offers that had any interest in me whatsoever and added them to my board. Nobody seemed to go after them (user or CPU) except for a couple of them. I got a couple, but the rest still managed to get away.

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I went hard after 4 or 5 of them but only managed to get one to come to Akron.

Of course, damn Tulsa stole the one I REALLY wanted... :p

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I have a 4 star DT rated as a 77 overall, a 4 star DE rated as as a 75 overall, and a 2 star DE rated as a 72 overall..

do you think that 4 stars will progress faster...?

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I heard awareness triggered the progression the most so I guess we will look at that. My 4 star #4 FS in the country came in at 77 my 2 star #76 ss came in at 75 I can't figure that out?

15. Jman

Yep. He ended up a 76 HB (72 QB) in case you were wondering :D

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

OK then....Cool wit me

17. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

(shakes head) a waste of talent ;)