I would like to set up Fundraising events

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by totalwreckage, Jul 17, 2009.

1. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

I would like to set up Fundraising events

As you all know this site is growing, and growing even more with the addition of the Tradition Football madden League. The college leagues have been a staple, but the once the internet football fans get wind of a console madden league with an established site like this, it will grow even further. As you know these things cost money. I would like to gauge interest in fund raising events that I will award prizes for. Now you will be sending all entrance fees to Ryno as all proceeds will go to TF so you wont have to worry about sending it to me someone you dont know. And once Ryno gets those funds he will let me know and we can do various things and hand out various prizes. you will know prize packages before you may enter said event and they will vary, but I would say the prize you would have the hcance to win would have a value of more than what was donated. Things I have in mind are

No limit.Texas Hold em Online Elimination event where last player standing wins the prize.
    NCAA tourneys
    Madden tourneys
    UFC tourneys
    Home Run Derby tourneys

Im looking to gauge interest if we were to do things like this. Entrance fees can range from 10-25 dollars, I wouldn't want to make em much more than that, becasue I do want people to participate. Ryno, Drifter and others are busy making this thing tick and have a full plate, so I think we can generate some help for them in this way. Let me know what you guys think. And remember none of this is required it would be voluntary and there will be signups and you will be sending the money straight to Rynos TF paypal. I will haven no problem organizing the events, moist likely will be held on weekends as I have terrible m-f work hours. This will accomplish two things. Get the memebr base closer to one another, and help the TF thrive and survive.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

definitely in, and willing to help out if needed

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I am definately with this idea..

something that we do at my school is have a raffle ticket thing during basketball game and football games...the winner nearly always gives half of the money back to the school or programs..

texas holdem?!?!

YES

4. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

I love texas holdem I play in tournaments once a week. A TF tournament would be awesome

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think it's agreat idea. I could play, depending on the time and all. But anything that supports this place should be a no brainer.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How about a bake sale?

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

What are we going to use to play poker?? I don't understand how that would work..

?

8. totalwreckage

Im thinking for Poker we can find one of those poker sites and create a private room, it will be for the fake money but the prizes you may win will be real, and you will know beforehand what it will be. I'll try and theme the prizes to the event but not fine tuned on all that yet, just want to get an idea if people will like this

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

For poker..

there are a lot of ways you could go above prive distribution, etc...

say we had a tourny with only 10 people and the buy in was $15 you could do this..

$5 dollars of the $15 goes to TF...the other $10 is in the prize pool..

2nd place gets their money back...1st keeps the rest and if I were the winner, I would donate half of it back to TF..

that's atleast $50 dollars for TF..

$150
    - $50 ($5 from ea person)
    - $15 (2nd place)
    -------------------
    1st place = $85, and could donate some back

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

FullTilt and PokerStars let you set up private tables, but I believe only for real money. Never played fake money so I dont know.

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

count me in for the poker tourney

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    There is an Xbox360 poker game on Live...I think you can set up private tables.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

very nice.

or else we could all get on myspace poker lol

14. totalwreckage

do you know if it is free or will the members have to buy it?

Also Murk good idea for cash distribution however 100 percent of what is donated will go to TF, I will take care of the payouts and other prizes but I can still use that model that you set up to do so.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Im sure you have to buy it...

I'd still be down though

16. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Yeah Im down for this!

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i think i have $50 still sitting at PS....ill be in

or a bikini carwash!!