iBO Madden School

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HoundsOfHowl, May 24, 2016.

1. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Starting from this week progressing forward until I cover everything I want to discuss, I will be hosting Madden school. Now I know I'm no where near the greatest on the site, but I am a consistent +.500 user and have been since joining the site, and on top of that I don't hear too many complaints, if any (anymore) about cheese gameplay.

I encourage you if you have anything you want covered, or you are looking for help in certain areas to let me know by dropping you comments here in this thread! I want to help anyone out there looking for areas to improve in.

So with that out of the way, starting tonight at 7est I will fire up "iBO Madden School 101" and I will go over the basics of reading defenses. Each segment shouldn't be more than 10 minutes, because then you start forgetting information that has been pumped into your brain. For some anything over 1 minute and you've already forgotten ;)

There will be a schedule posted in this thread as I go along, and I will archive all my videos to youtube and load them back into this thread. But for starters starting at 7est tonight go to my twitch stream

Twitch.tv/fireman542

Class Schedule

iBo Madden School 101 -
    Reading Defenses (7est 5/24)
    iBo Madden School 101 - Defensive Disguises (7est 5/26)

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. seranrap7

seranrap7 Walk On

This looks like it's going to be great info, I'll be sure to check it out tonight if I'm around. I'd like to to learn to use the MLB better, it's either hit or miss for me when usering one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. seranrap7

seranrap7 Walk On

Also would like to hear opinions on 3-4 vs 4-3

• Like Like x 1
  4. N0TABumblebee

N0TABumblebee Walk On

I agree with using the LB better. I have a tough time with user control particularly on defense. Also, I noticed in our game how effective you can be at carrying (as indicated by that fg return and all the rushing yards put up). That's another thing I struggle with and would like to learn how to do a little better.

• Like Like x 2
  5. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Good to see you back around iBO

• Like Like x 2
  6. Woody

Woody Walk On

I can't wait to watch these videos. I've learned alot from you guys just by asking questions. It will be cool to see it happening as you are explaining it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HoundsOfHowl

First lesson, a few pre snap reads to help get settled in!

Next video Thursday night! Discussing disguising your defenses

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  8. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Quick thought on the 3-4: I think it takes a specific type of Nosetackle DT to run the 3-4 effectively. You need to have a high 90 STR DT with 90+ Block Shed and Power Moves. I think this years Madden does a poor job of producing them in the draft, so the pool of players for nosetackle are very small. If you get one, I think the 3-4 is fine.

I had the Colts in TMFL and I did not have a super nosetackle, and I could not stop the run. I was 32nd in the league in run defense.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Woody

Woody Walk On

Good insight on the 3-4 vs 4-3. Now say I'm running a 3-4 and wanted to switch to a 4-3. Would I have to change defensive playbooks or can I just switch the front?

10. HoundsOfHowl

I had a great 3-4 with Philly tried a 4-3 one season and struggled to stop anything. First season I had the #2 rush defense.

I think the new gap system with Madden 17 will make the 3-4 very useful

11. HoundsOfHowl

You'll have to switch to a 3-4 playbook I like GB defense

12. seranrap7

seranrap7 Walk On

I think he wanted to go 4-3 I which you would just switch to a 4-3 playbook. The defensive from of the 4-3 also had slightly different personnel types

• Like Like x 1
  13. HoundsOfHowl

Yea I read him wrong

14. HoundsOfHowl

Lesson 2, Disguising your Defense!

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  15. HoundsOfHowl

Lesson 3 : Rushing Concepts

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  16. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

If you are not watching these videos, you are foolish. I have been in the league for 2 years, and playing Madden since before many of you were born. iBO taught me something with his last video!

I always looked for the hole, but never focused on the "free" blockers as described at 17:30

• Like Like x 2