IBO's Recruiting Help

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by HoundsOfHowl, Jul 7, 2013.

1. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Ok, so as a disclaimer I've only done recruiting with a 2 star Arkansas State team, things could be different with a bigger team (I doubt it) I filled 18/18 schollies for players leaving, could've had all 25 filled if I wanted in year 1, with a decent recruiting class.

But the main goal to recruiting this year is using skills (IMO) first skills I went after was scouting, the more you can scout each week the less you have to waste points in the long run. Ok so first things first, I went after my needs, which any coach would do. I searched for them and got all the people that were interested in me (put your pipelines first, as they get bonus'.) So ok, you've got your needs filled on your board, now what? I took the remaining spots and looked into the future of my team. If I felt like I needed a QB or RB I would go search my pipelines (specifically my state, because who wants to let a recruit from your state leave?) After you fill your board its on to step two.

Ok so you've filled your board, now where the fun begins. You can only scout about 20 players in the preseason, so make that count, only scout the ones who you fill are your most direct needs and that you have chances on landing. So now you've made it to week 1. What I did is I mapped out who I had the best chance of landing and started giving them points, but also pay attention to if you have a big lead or not (the bigger the lead, the less points you need to dump early on.) *Now you'll notice bonus points under how many you are dumping in, these are the KEY to winning recruits over* It's all about math during the season, if you are trailing by say 200 points, and you have a bonus of 200 points, don't waste all 500 points on that guy (UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT HIM)

Early in the season, it's all about getting high enough to stay in the lock, so pay very close attention to all your competition. So once you've made it to about halfway through the season, players will start locking you out and you will notice on some that you have no chance on winning the battles. So in this case drop all the points off them and spend them somewhere else, no sense in wasting points. Also you'll notice you have 1000+ point leads on guys you need, drop their points down, but also pay attention in weeks to come that the CPU isn't catching on you. The goal to recruiting is adding and taking away from where its needed.

Ok so you've freed up some points to add to other players that you are in tight battles with. Continue to press the issue with them, if you can afford it, drop all the guys that you are pretty much SET on to like 50 (or below) and set the guys that you can afford it on to 500 points if possible.

That's pretty much it for how to do the math, but now comes scheduling visits. You need to always pay attention each week to who's ready, because if you wait to late to schedule (A. they only get 5 visits, B. You won't get a late visit *which are golden*) Now make sure you go turn all CPU assistance off for offering scholarships and scheduling visits, because that will fuck ya, learned that after they scheduled 5 visits for me, for like week 9.

Now you will notice that the CPU will schedule pretty much week 11-14 up pretty fast, so if you can beat them to the punch, schedule around weeks 10-12. Now also if you notice there are goals during visits, make sure you try to meet these goals, as they will add bonus points.

That's pretty much it, any other questions feel free to ask...Remember it's all about the MATH

• Like Like x 1
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Question: Were you able to break into anyone's top 10 who didn't have you in there initially?

3. HoundsOfHowl

Yea like 1, but I was putting 500 into him and I guess the CPU didn't really try for him until it was too late

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks! So it's possible but harder than last year against the stupid AI. Good to know.

Might be best used later in the season when you've already gotten good leads on a few guys and can find out who the CPU is ignoring.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    iBleedOrange247

What did your classes look like as far as breakdown of caliber go?

I've found that the opposite strategy works best for bigger schools. You need to muscle up from the get go and push the lock point, regardless of lead or deficit.

6. HoundsOfHowl

I honestly don't remember the exact caliber, but I had several 3 stars, no 4 or above...I know I was top 75 classes

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

Oh okay, that makes sense.

8. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I think your spot on with the recruiting for small schools atleast iBO. I used pretty much the same method at Georgia State and wound up with the 65th ranked class, including 14 *** and 22 total recruits.

9. HoundsOfHowl

Yea I have yet to test a bigger program, guess ill know if my method works when we start the OD