Icing the Kicker (Poll)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jun 15, 2011.

?

Should the Ice the Kicker feature be turned on or off in our league?

1. Mullen: Keep it on! I'm always losing and it offers me some hope!

100.0%
  2. Turn that crap off! Cheesy!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

What do you think?

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Of course if you iceed Mullen for the win you'd be all about it. I don't see how you missed it. All you have to do is use your last timeout to counter act the ice, or did you pull a LSU and mismanage the clock. Nontheless, I feel it's part of the game weither we like it or not. Keep it in.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Now I see you voted to keep it in, nevermind my last post. ;)

4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I say part of the game. Keep it in

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

by the way...he missed the fg.....twice. I made mine when I was iced so I dont know what he is complaining about

6. vatechhokie01

lol... you cheated the whole game. worst player ive every played. absolute cheater. terrible. un-sim. unfair.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

how dare you!!!!!!!! this dbag went for it 4th and 1 in the second qtr within FG range.

8. vatechhokie01

lmao... i love it! love it! mullen, i missed that last fg on purpose cuz you were clearly going to go into depression and hurt your wife...

just saying.

9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

1. Keep it on, part of the game

2. Also would like to see slider adjusted to make it more difficult to kick field goals....right now 45-50 yard FGs are automatic for the CPU.....more difficult for a user

Here are the 2010 FG stats.....Virgina Tech #1..

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i call bullshit

11. vatechhokie01

i guess you'll never know.

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

a man of god shouldnt lie

13. vatechhokie01

good thing i asked this question since it was clearly such a highly-debated topic, lol

14. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Bringing this to the front again....#2, changing sliders so more difficult for CPU to kick field goals....

You stop the CPU on downs, between the 45-50 and a FG is automatic....that's not reflective of the game, the norm is that a team would punt...

15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i think the week or two we have before rosters come out, everyone needs to play alot and get sliders figured out or.....steal another good OD's sliders

16. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

As you know there are a lot of slider packages available that range from default All American to Heisman...you go to Operation Sports, there are extensive threads on just sliders...so finding one that meets the needs of the league to me is the easy part

The Commish and I discussed this early on and have seen a few other posts as to "the search for the perfect sliders"....finding those that best reflect the real game...

From what I have seen, granted in a short time of two years, is that for some leagues this becomes an obsession, to the point where every season sliders are being debated, tweaked...seems like it becomes more important that just playing the game for what it is....

Just wanted to be clear that I can support minor tweaking....but not looking to start a quest for the "ultimate sliders"

17. vatechhokie01

well i will re-iterate this here: we will NOT be changing the sliders the first year unless under extreme and obvious circumstances (nazi-commissioner and co-commissioner's discretion). this fiddling, especially at the beginning, has caused nightmares for folks. and i think it is b.s. we will probably be through the 1st season in no time at all and then we can addres minor... MINOR... tweaks. in all reality, i dont think all-american, in the end, was all that far off from the best set of sliders i played (and i tried tons!) last year. who knows what the game will be like this time around (kicking, pass-defending, etc) but a) its a video game and the gameplay wont be perfect, b) all-american is always the best option, c) we will all be playing the exact same set of sliders and therefore be on the same playing field and d) we can tweak mildly after some time has set in (and after the crazies settle in with all their hardwork in finding the best options).

summary: we will not be in any way conducting a eternal search for the most challengingly perfect set of sliders. they don't exist. its a game. we will do our best to keep it challenging and fun.

P.S. We will have losses in the leagues. Bulldog sucks balls and lost all the time on All-American last year. Bonner and Gramps are even worse. They are horrible. Terrible. Horrendous. Maybe the worst players to ever play the game. Oh... and Weave is UVA so there ya go. But then... they are way better than BYU. Yea... there will be losses.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

agreed....as long as we are "open" to changes...you will hear minimal bitching from me

19. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Its good to see the democratic side of the Commish come thru'.....when I paid the league fee I was assured that I would have input...

Like when I was in the Marines, when we had blood drives...we were told, "You don't have to
    give blood, but you will"

That's it I'm moving in with Matty, my new grandson!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.