I'd like to take this time to say thanks!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Nov 27, 2009.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I'd like to take this time to say thanks!!!

to everyone of us real football players here. i just got finished with an online game against the classic "nano blitz" player, coupled with the ole no huddle shotgun offense all game long guy. its almost like i wanna stop thinking there are real football players out there until i remember about this spot. so again thanks for every single member of this SIM league.

2. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Ditto.

Until this year and this league I had pretty much given up on playing the masses. My competition was limited to 2 other buddies. I can't tell you guys how nice it is to know that at least 2 times a week I get to play a sim baller who each brings a little different style to the table.

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

THx TRude for saying what most of us all are thinking. You cant beat a good sim game Win or Lose. Atleast you know u didnt get cheesed.

4. scarface

scarface Walk On

and when you see us "OLDSCHOOL" PC players bitch when rules want to be changed this is why.
    I know its a 100% different game and all but there are reasons why.

But I would never play a sim game, I cant picture myself just calling a play and watching the action, to me its like watching paint dry.

5. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

What are you talking about? Who does this? I was talking about simulation style not simming the game. Also what does this have to do with rule changes?

6. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Scar's been drinking again...

7. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

In the PC World we called it "Straight Play" or "Str8". In this world, it's called "SIM" or "Simulation Play".

What Scar is reffering to is Coach Mode. I don't know if it was ever offered on the consoles. But there are quite a few PC Leagues out there still playing '08 Coach Mode. Basically you control everything except what's in between the snap of the ball and the whistle when the play is over. Should be called Coach/GM/Owner Mode, but you get the picture.

And Scar is right. In "our world" those rules protect "our way" of playing the game. We do tweak those rules from time to time, but Major changes are frowned upon, because we then to "not fix what ain't broke".