Ida-who? - A Vandals Dynasty

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by RRAHx2, Jul 14, 2013.

1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

PLAY THE VIDEO BELOW WHILE READING THIS THREAD!​
    Welcome to my offline dynasty thread! I will be attempting to rebuild the Idaho Vandals, a traditionally bad program. This dynasty will be very slow-paced as I don't play very much offline, just mainly online; but I will post updates when I can. The goal of this dynasty is just to build up a program, in a tough and challenging way. I am going to make the sliders and settings as difficult as I can so that it will require some actual thought and planning to win games. I am going to be setting some in-house rules to the recruiting and such, so I can keep this thing as realistic as possible. If anyone has any suggestions by all means please share!​

[​IMG]
    Moscow, ID - You have probably never heard of Moscow, Idaho. Then again, you have probably never heard of Idaho, either. In this baron and sparsely-populated state called Idaho, there is a university. This university has a football team, and no I am not talking about those smurfs out there in Boise. This football team is a relatively unknown bunch called the Idaho Vandals. The Vandals for the most part are irrelevant in the NCAA football landscape. Known more for their pathetic outhouse, they call a football stadium (capacity of 16,000), and biting the heads off of fishes, the Vandals are no household name in terms of football power houses.
    Since 2000, the Idaho Vandals have posted an impressively bad record of 40-115. The school's all time football record is 443-568-26. They are routinely tacked as early season punching bags for the Stanford's and Tennessee's of the world. A pre-season opponent, an easy win, no competition. Well just when things couldn't appear to get any lower after a 1-11 season, things just did.
    Taking another step far past mediocrity, the Vandals have brought in a new head coach. Coach Andy Hernandez, is going to be placed in charge of football operations for the Idaho Vandals. Coach Hernandez has relatively no resume in football, and is a big question mark going into the 2013 season. The one positive for Hernandez, is that things can't get much worse for Idaho than they were last season. Winning a single game, will be considered a successful season in the eyes of Idaho fans.
    We will have more news to come as Coach Hernandez gets settled into his office and conducts his first team meetings and practices. Look for more info going forward.
    [​IMG]
    Idaho's Home Field: The Kibbie Dome
    Dynasty Settings
    Difficulty: Heisman
    Qtr: 9 Mins
    Game Speed: Slow
    Speed Threshold: 28
    Auto-Subs: Default
    Coach Progression: Slowest
    Penalties (non-listed are at 100):
    • Holding - 55
    • Facemask - 54
    • Clipping - 36
    • RTP - 35
    Sliders (Human/CPU):
    • QBA - 5/10
    • PB - 25/35
    • WRC - 45/45
    • RBA - 50/50
    • RB - 35/45
    • PC - 65/70
    • INT - 25/30
    • RD - 55/65
    • TK - 50/50
    • FGP - 45/45
    • FGA - 10/45
    • PP - 45/45
    • PA - 20/40
    In-House Rules:
    • Coach Skills will be leveled up alternately at a 2:1 ratio between Game Planning:Recruiting (learning only recruiting skills first gives too much of an advantage I feel)
    • Recruiting cap of 1 :5stars: recruit per season. (Won't be an issue for many seasons, yet)
    • The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:
      • A = Number of seniors on your team that will graduate
      • B = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster
      • A + B + 1 = total number of available scholarships.
    • The following playerscannot be convinced to stay during the off-season if they want to enter the draft:
      • ANY player who has an overall rating over 92
    • The following players may not be redshirted:
      • Juniors (except for JUCO transfers)
      • Seniors
      • A player whose overall rating is 1st or 2nd on your depth chart. The exceptions here are for:
        • Kicker/Punter
        • Quarterback
        • Offensive Line
        • A FR or SO if an upperclassman within 2 points of him
    Coach Philosophy:
    Coach Andy Hernandez
    Offense: Air Raid (Custom PB)

Run/Pass Ratio: 30/70
    Offensive Playcall Agressive Style: 60
    Defense: 4-2-5 (Custom PB)
    Run Defense/Pass Defense Balance: 35/65
    Defensive Playcall Aggressiveness: 70

Position Preferences:
    QB - Pocket Passer
    HB - Balanced
    FB/TE - Receiving
    WR - Balanced
    OL - Pass Block
    DE - Pass Rusher
    DT - Run Stopper
    LB - Run Stopper
    CB - Coverage
    S - Balanced

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RRAHx2

Year 1 13'-14'
    Coach Level 1: Learned Scouting (Lvl 1) Uncover 25% of a prospect's skills for 50 scouting points. (y)

With plenty of work ahead of myself, I got busy with my first off-season in Moscow. First thing on the to-do list: Red-Shirts. Time to take a look at the roster and see who we need to hand a clip board to. With a new scheme to learn, a lot of these young guys will be better served watching from the sidelines. Here is a list of the redshirted players:

Redshirt Players Position Name Year Rating
    QB Matt Linehan FR 68
    HB Isaiah Saunders FR 63
    HB Richard Montgomery FR 63
    WR Jacob Sannon FR 65
    G Nick Edenfield FR 56
    C Brett Thompson FR 62
    OLB TonyLashley FR 60
    CB Armond Hawkins FR 62
    S Jordan Grabski FR 59
    S Desmond Banks FR 60

The QB is the focal point of this offense. The Air Raid won't work without a solid QB. That is the biggest thing concern on my mind right now. There are 5 QB's on the roster, all very similar in the ratings. The most promising QB in the stables is true freshman, Matt Linehan. He is currently #3 on the depth chart, but his awareness and ability to control the offense are on par, if not better than that of the upperclassmen. He is undoubtedly the best freshman on our team, at any position.

I chose to redshirt him however, as I am planning for the long-term and the "win now" strategy. There is a more than capable QB in RS Freshman Chac Chalich. He is the most mobile QB we have, and his legs will be needed as the play-makers on this roster are few and far between.

Step 2: Recruiting

17 Seniors + 1 + 2 (available roster spots) = 20 scholarships available

Now I will go into detail for my recruiting process. It is not overly in-depth, but it works. I have had good success each off-season I have played in NCAA, and I expect the same here. First thing I do is search for recruits that have my school in their Top-10. I have found that stretching outside of the Top-7 and trying to jump in, is too time and resource consuming. It is better to take the easy money, and get the guys who WANT to play for my football team.

Once I get into my list of those recruits, I sort the by caliber, first. I know most coaches believe that you should recruit based on need first, but let me say this. I am at a small-time school, we need any player we can get. Any player rated above 60 is a need for the Idaho Vandals. Anyway, I get my highest-caliber prospects and I target any guys who have Idaho as their Top-3. If their is someone I like who has me in the Top-5, then I will go into a bit more detail on them. I will look at their wants, my competition, his recruiting, and locked %. All these factor into my decision to add him or not. If it seems like I can sneak into the Top 1/2 then I will add him, also. I will use this method to fill about 10-13 prospects, and once I hit that number I fill the rest based on need.

After adding my prospects, and using the above method I have 34 prospects on my board. In pre-season scouting I have found a gem or two, and a handful of busts. Here is my board:

LAST BOARD UPDATE: 07/15/13 2pm cst (14' Recruiting Board)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  3. RRAHx2

Step 3: Schedule

Self Pride denies me the ability to play a schedule rated lower than C in terms of strength. With Idaho being an Independent this year (yeah we are that bad), that offers me alot of wiggle room when making the schedule. I left it for the most part unchanged, but did add 2 tougher opponents: Boise St. in Week 5 and Nevada in Week 13. This gives me a SOS of B-. The big games of the year are: NIU, BOI ST, FSU, and MISS. Here is our schedule:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    BYE
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    BYE
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Step 4: Depth Chart

As I stated earlier, I am going to give Freshman Chac Chalic the nod to start over SR Taylor Davis. Chalic is just 3 points below Davis, but his speed makes up for the difference. Their passing is nearly identical, only awareness is Davis excels. Since I will be playing each game, that won't matter too much. Other changes I made are at RT, where I also moved a SR back on the depth chart in faovr of RT Spencer Beale. His Pass Blocking gives him the edge in my Air Raid offense.

That completes the off-season activities, now time for kickoff!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  4. RRAHx2

North Texas Dominates On The Ground, Idaho Opens Season With A Loss

[​IMG]
    North Texas - 42 Idaho - 16
    Kickoff of the 13'-14' season did not go exactly as Coach Hernandez had planned it would. Facing off against another mediocre football team in the North Texas Mean Green, many figured this would be a good battle between lowly teams. However this turned out to be an old-fashioned butt-whoopin'.​
    North Texas HB, Reggie Pegraum had a careeer game as he set the school record for rushing TD's in a single game with 5. It seemed like every time he touched the ball, he was breaking another long run. Pegraum averaged 9 YPC and broke 4 rushes over 20 yards.​
    The one bright spot Idaho can feel good about is their pass defense. They held North Texas in check in the passing game. That probably had more to do with NT's success on the ground than with Idaho's secondary. When asked about, his team's performance Coach Hernandez had this to say:​
    "I saw a few good things out there, but we definitely learned some tough lessons today. They bullied us around, and established their running game early. That #12 is a hell of a RB and he made some great plays for them. We probably helped them out a bit, with our pitiful tackling. Our performance today was unacceptable. We all made mistakes, myself included. There were some calls I could have made differently, so we will have to get back to the film room this week."​
    POTG: HB Reggie Pegraum (NT) 22 Car, 207 yds, 5 TD​
    Image1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RRAHx2

Vandals Hold Off Cowboys, Get First Win Under New HC
    [/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Idaho has had a long week of practice. After the thrashing they took from NT in Week 1, Coach Hernandez made sure his guys would be ready this week. "Coach was out of his mind this week" Freshman QB Chach Chalich told the Idaho Statesmen reporters, post-game. "He was running us all week long, and when we weren't on the field, we were in the film room. We thought he was losing it." He added.
    Well Chac, looks like Coach has taught you all a valuable lesson this week, hard work pays off. If Idaho was still feeling any doubts about their abilities heading into this game, they have certainly silenced them now. Idaho came out with a fiery determination this game, and drove down field on their opening possession. They made it inside the WYO 35 yd line but were stopped on 3rd down, and had to settle for a FG.
    On WYO's first drive, they also came out and looked very efficient. They were moving down the field using a precise no-huddle attack. Just when they looked like they were getting in the red-zone, a great strip by SS Trey Williams halted the Cowboys' momentum and gave Idaho the ball back at midfield.
    The Vandals took that drive all the way to pay-dirt with a 7 yard rush by HB J. Baker.
    [​IMG]
    On Wyoming's next possession, it was more of the same. A nice drive into Vandals territory, but then a strip sack by LE Max Forde put Wyoming in big trouble. The fumble was recovered by RE Marius Burgsmueller, who scampered 57 yds before being tackled from behind at WYO's 29 yd line. This put the Vandals in great position to go up by 3 scores, but it was not meant to be. QB Chalic put too much air under his first pass of the drive, and the ball was picked off, giving possession and momentum back to WYO.
    The game from that point on went back and forth, with each team scoring 6-9 points in the final 3 quarters. Wyoming was stopped on their last drive with 2:30 remaining. They would not touch the ball again. After the game there was bedlam in Moscow, ID.
    [​IMG]
    Final 33-27
    POTG: HB James Baker 20 Car, 99 yds, 1 TD

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  6. RRAHx2

Vandals Hang Close, But Can't Close The Upset
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Untitled.png
    Untitled2.png
    Untitled3.png

7. RRAHx2

Idaho Comes Out Hot, Then Falls Flat In 2nd Half

[​IMG]
    Washington State hosted the Idaho Vandals in Week 3 of the regular season, in their rivalry game known as "The Battle of the Palouse". This rivalry has lost some muster over the years, as WSU and Idaho have not played since 2007. The last time Idaho won a game in this series was way back in 2000. That streak of losses would not end this week, unfortunately.​
    Idaho never lead in this game and was over-matchedwhen facing Mike Leach's Air Rad offense. On the first play from scrimmage, Freshman QB Chad Chalic got sacked and left the game with a bruised rib. He would return for a few plays in the 2nd quarter, but ultimately never had an impact on this game. That was not the only injury the Vandals suffered, HB James Baker left in the 1st quarter also. He had a mild Knee Bruise and was out for half the game, coming back late in the 2nd half. These 2 injuries might have impacted the outcome, but that isn't a valid excuse according to Coach Hernandez, in his post-game interview he had this to say:​
    " Of course it hurts when you lose your starters, but no 1 player is above the team. No matter who is out on the field, our guys are still accountable for the outcome. We are not here for "what if's" and "could have been's". We are to win football games. That is what I was hired to do, and that is what I will do."​
    Coach Hernandez abruptly left the conference room after that statement, clearly frustrated by his team's performance. That feeling is a common one among Vandals' fans, especially these last 2 weeks. For stretches, Idaho seems to have the talent and execution to pull off the improbable, then in a matter of seconds they convert back into their former selves. The positive can be taken from this game, was SR back-up QB Taylor Davis. He played exceptionally well, after Chalic went down, and did some good things against a better opponent.​
    It is uncertain as to whether this could be the start of a QB controversy in Moscow, but if nothing else, the Vandals do have a serviceable back-up. Davis finished the game 17/33 for 256 yds, and 2 TD's. His main target, WR Roman Runner caught 7 passes for over 100 yds and 1 TD.​
    [​IMG]
    The difference maker in this game was undoubtedly, WR Vince Mayle. The Cougars' WR caught 7 balls, for 142 yds and 2 TD's. Every time this kid was left in 1-on-1 coverage, he was making another big play. Tormenting the secondary all game, he averaged 20 YPC, including a 60 yarder that changed the game and sealed the Vandals fate.​
    Final Score: WSU - 41 Idaho - 17
    Idaho will head to Boise St. next week to take on their in-state rival Broncos on the Smurf Turf.​
    *UPDATED RECRUITING BOARD*

8. RRAHx2

Battle of Idaho Is A Nail Biter, But No Upsets Today

[​IMG]
    2 Idaho in-state rivals met for the first time in 3 years this week. The Vandals traveled to BSU, to take on the 3-1 Broncos. This rivalry series is played for the Governor's trophy a trophy that was introduced to this rivalry in 2001. BSU has not lost to Idaho since 1999.​
    Nobody was expecting this to be a close contest, but oh it was. The Vandals under 1st year HC Andy Hernandez, have been playing decent football, but haven't gotten the wins to show for it. This was the game, that could have put them on another level. The game that would have told the country that Idaho is changing things. That a decade of irrelevance is finally drawwing to a close. Oh what could have been..​
    That may still have happened, however, as the game was much closer than anyone thought, but still a loss is a loss. Don't tell that to coach though, here's a quote from him after the game: " I couldn't be more proud of my guys, tonight. They played their asses off and we pushed this team right to the brink. I feel like we won tonight, even though that isn't what the papers will say in the morning. There were plays that could have bounced the other way, 1 or 2 of those and I think we would have gotten our 2nd win of the year."​
    Final score: BSU - 38 Idaho - 32

• Like Like x 1
  9. RRAHx2

I am now at Week 5 of Year 1, and I think I should update you all on what is going on around the NCAA.

• Chad Chalic (Idaho QB) is currently #2 in the NCAA in completions at 102. He is also #8 in Comp % at 61%. Chalic also, is tied for 2nd in the NCAA in sacks. He has been sacked 18 times. Lastly, and most disappointingly, all those completions have not lead to points. Chalic only has 3 TD passes in 5 games.
    • Top 3 QB Ratings in the NCAA (min. 100 attempts):
    1. Braxton Miller
    2. AJ McCarron
    3. Johnny Manziel
    • Most Rushing TD's: Brian Fields (Western Michigan)
    • Most Receptions: Mike Evans (TAMU)
    • Most Tackles: Marcus Wright (Kent State)
    • Most TFL: Jadeveon Clowney (SC)
    • Most Sacks: Keith Heitzman (Michigan)
    • Most INT: Markus Smith (Nevada)
    • Bama, OSU, Oregon, UF, OK St, KSU, Nebraska, Mich St, NW, USC are the remaining undefeated teams in the polls.
    • Top 5 Heisman Candidates:
    1. QB Johnny Manziel TAMU
    2. HB Carlos Hyde OSU
    3. HB TJ Yeldon Bama
    4. QB Braxton Miller OSU
    5. HB Aaron Green TCU

10. RRAHx2

Reached Coach Level 2: Learned Road Warrior (Lvl 1) No controller vibation. (y)

Again Vandals Can't Win Close Game, After Impressive Start

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This theme is beginning to get repetitive. Same story, different chapter. Idaho is facing a heavily favored opponent, and they come out guns blazing, to take an early lead. At halftime, the other team finally shows up and we get put back in our place. I don't know what Coach Hernandez is telling these boys at halftime, but from an outsider's prospective, it doesn't appear to be working. If the NCAA cut the game time down to 30 minutes of football, the Vandals might be ranked this year, hell, they might even be undefeated. Unfortunately, (as Idaho seems to not understand) a football game is 60 minutes long.

Is this a conditioning problem? A focus problem? Whatever it is, it falls solely on the HC's shoulders to fix it. A coach can't simply let his team blow lead after lead, without and changes being made. To it bluntly, something has got to change. Whether at the top or bottom, something must be done, because right now the Vandals are practicing the definition of insanity.

Coach Hernandez was unavailable for interview after the game. However, we did get a quick word from him at practice on Monday: "I'll be honest, I feel disappointed. This team needs to stay motivated, and stay focused on their goal. It is my job to keep these guy's on task, so I will need to tighten the reigns a bit." When asked what he meant by "tightening the reigns", coach would not provide any further details.

The Vandals offense was executing with precision for the first 2 quarters of this game. Their game plan was precise and was giving the Fresno St. defense all sorts of problems. The problem was, that Fresno St.'s offense was doing the same to our defense. QB Chalic threw 2 TD passes in the first half, 1 to WR Kyren Watts, and the other to HB James Baker. Fresno also put up 14 by halftime, the first TD was a 76 yd run, by HB M. Waller. Waller would end the game with 127 yds rushing on 13 carries.

[​IMG]

The 3rd quarter, as usual this season for the Vandals, was a struggle. They failed to find the end-zone, and looked out of sync on offense. Over-thrown passes, missed blocks, dropped passes, the Vandals were failing on all fronts at the beginning of the 2nd half and Fresno St. took advantage of that. Fresno St. went on a 14-3 run in the 3rd to go up 28-17 heading into the 4th. Once the 4th quarter started, Idaho got their fire back as they could sense their window of opportunity closing fast. Idaho scored 10 unanswered points to come within 1 pt of Fresno St. with 6 minutes remaining in the game. Unfortunately, the defense was not able to stop Fresno's offense as they would score 10 points in the final 5 minutes. Idaho did score a late TD to bring it within 5 points, but was not able to recover the onside kick. Idaho falls to -1-5 on the season and will travel to Arkansas State to take on the Red Wolves.

Final Score: Idaho - 33 Fresno St. - 38
    *WR/KR Roman Runner for the Vandals, left the game in the 2nd quarter with a broken elbow, he is out for the remainder of the season*

11. RRAHx2

Vandals Dominate Arkansas State

[​IMG][​IMG]
    This game is waht Coach Hernandez ahs been preaching all season long. The "potential" and "greatness" he has been telling us about these Idaho Vandals, was on full display against the Red Wolves, and oh what a site it was. The Vandals were dominant in every phase of the game. They were finally able to put together an entire game of football, and they finally got the win they were looking for.​
    "I have been seeing this sort of game in my team for a long time," Coach Hernandez said. He continued, "I knew it wasn't a matter of if, but when. I'm just glad the waiting is over. I'm not saying we are done winning, but we are gonna enjoy this one."​
    If you were to look at the stats from this game, you would not believe this is the same team that got blasted by teams like North Texas and Washington State. This was an all around magnificent effort, and hopefully this showed the team what they are capable of when they are playing their best football. Chad Chalic was the stand out player of this game, and showed us why he is going to be a very good QB for the next few years here at Idaho.​
    Chalic went 21/26 for 226 yds and 2 TD's , with no interceptions. A great performance for a freshman QB, he also added a rushing TD as well. The Idaho defense also receives honorable mention as they gave Arkansas State QB F. Knighten all he could handle. They sacked him 7 times, and had a pick 6 on the first play from scrimmage.​
    From the first play it just felt like Idaho's night. Their first defensive TD of the season, and it came on the first play of the game. That set the tone for this team and they never let up. The Vandals never lost the lead, the entire game. Idaho will hopefully use this momentum to have a good 2 weeks of practice, since they are on a BYE for Week 8, before heading to Oxford, MS to take on Old Miss.​
    Final Score: Arkansas State - 17 Idaho 38

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  12. RRAHx2

Recruiting News: WR prospect's Eric Washington and Jake Jones are both off the wish list for the Vandals. Washington committed to North Texas, while Jake Jones has committed to Fresno St.

Athlete Lee Fox has committed to Idaho and will try out at WR initially. Fox is the #62 ranked athlete and is the Vandals first commitment this season.

13. RRAHx2

Reached Coaching Level 3 Learned Anti-Freeze (Icing The Kicker Works 50% of the time against you)
    Weeks 9-14
    Final Score: Ole Miss - 45 Idaho - 10
    Final Score: Idaho - 7 Texas State - 30
    Final Score: Old Dominion - 37 Idaho - 31
    Final Score: Florida St. - 45 Idaho - 10
    Final Score: Idaho - 43 Nevada - 50
    Final Record: 2-10​
    Bowl Game: None​
    Heisman Winner: Johnny Manziel QB TAMU​
    Conference Champs:
    • MAC - Buffalo (10-3)
    • MWC - Boise State (12-1)
    • PAC-12 - USC (12-1)
    • SEC - Alabama (12-1)
    • Sun Belt - UL Lafayette (9-3)
    • ACC - UNC (10-3)
    • AAC - Cincinnati - (10-2)
    • Big XII - Oklahoma (10-2)
    • B1G - Nebraska (12-1)
    • C-USA - FIU (10-3)
    Rose Bowl- Nebraska vs USC (38-24)
    Fiesta Bowl - UF vs Cincinnati (52-17)
    Sugar Bowl - ND vs Boise St. (27-17)
    Orange Bowl - UNC vs Michigan St. (10-41)
    Cotton Bowl - TAMU vs OK St. (45-7)
    National Championship - Oklahoma vs Alabama (28-30)

Jobs offered:
    OC San Diego State (8-5)
    DC Kentucky (2-10)
    HC New Mexico St. (0-12)
    OC/DC Pittsburgh (2-10)
    OC/DC SMU (2-10)
    DC FIU (10-4)
    OC/DC Arkansas State (9-4)
    OC/DC Toledo (7-6)
    OC/DC Wake Forest (8-5)
    DC Utah State (8-5)
    DC Temple (7-6)
    OC Washington State (6-6)
    DC Kansas (2-10)
    OC/DC Colorado State (2-10)
    4-Year Extension Idaho (2-10)

Top Leaving Seniors:
    WR Najee Lovett 77 OVR
    HB James Baker - 75 OVR
    WR Roman Runner - 72 OVR
    WR Kyren Watts - 72 OVR
    TE Michael LaGrone - 69 OVR

WILL POST UP RECRUITING RESULTS TONIGHT

14. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

Tough end of season, even Old Dominion beat you.

15. RRAHx2

I could put up points, but I never got the stops when I needed them. Definitely need to improve on the defensive end.

16. GDip

GDip Walk On

did you just sim the end of the season? Keep up the updates, enjoyed following this!

• Like Like x 1
  17. RRAHx2

No I played them all.. but I played them all in 2 days and didn't feel like writing 5 summaries all about the same thing: me getting whooped on. :(

18. RRAHx2

[​IMG]

Top 10 Recruiting Classes:

1)Oklahoma
    2)OSU
    3)ND
    4)LSU
    5)Georgia
    6)Alabama
    7)Stanford
    8)Michigan
    9)USC
    10)OK St.

Idaho Vandals: #66 Recruiting Class

:3stars:15
    :2stars: 4

Total: 19 Recruits (updated recruiting board, to show commits)

Now time for Training Camp!
    [​IMG]

Most Improved Players:
    HB Krisoffer Olugbode (+6 OVR)
    CB Armond Hawkins (+6 OVR)
    QB Austin DeCoud (+6 OVR)

Now time for...

Conference Re-Alignment!

[​IMG]
    In addition, I added UL Cardinals to ACC.​
    With this latest conference re-shuffle, Idaho is now a proud member of the Sun Belt Conference!​
    [​IMG]

19. RRAHx2

[/FONT]Year 2 14'-15'

Now is that time of year where coaches are finalizing rosters, making last minute changes and handing out the red shirts! At Idaho, Coach Hernandez handed quite a few red shirts out, even to the top ffreshamn who could of contributed right away. When asked about this decision, Coach Hernandez defended his actions, saying: "I am not here to win a few games, or have a godd season or 2. I am trying to build a dynasty. This is how it is done, with patience. Rome wasn't built in a day." Here are the red-shirted players for the 2014 season:

Redshirt Players Position Name Year Rating
    HB George Crowell FR 68
    WR Danny Smith FR 69
    WR Dan Patton FR 68
    WR Abdul Mirvil FR 66
    T Dustin Liston FR 61
    T Reggie Wells FR 57
    G Nick Edenfield FR 61
    G Kenneth Stanley FR 60
    DE Dan Maxwell FR 59
    DT Scott Williams FR 65
    DT Jake Rogers FR 62
    OLB Gary Sanders FR 69
    MLB Bryson Joseph FR 64
    CB Eric Brown FR 58
    FS Evan Jones FR 65
    SS Nathan Miller FR 65
    As you can see, Idaho has quite a few more players wearing red-shirts this year than they did in 13'. This is because of the system Coach Hernandez believes in, it places player development as a #1 priority for the coaching staff. "If you look at all the power-house programs, they follow a similar blue-print when building for long-term success. You don't wnat to just drop a freshman into the fire, and have him starting Week1 of the season. That could very well, end up doing more harm than good in the long run.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  20. RRAHx2

Just a head's up to any followers I might have.. I am going out of town today and will return on Monday. Expect more updates then! Anxious to start the new season..

• Like Like x 2
  21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

A recruiting trip to Cali?

• Like Like x 2
  22. RRAHx2

Exactly!

23. RRAHx2

Step 2: Recruiting

17 Seniors + 1 = 18 scholarships available

Here is my initial recruiting board. I have 2 4* prospects I am recruiting. Hopefully I can snag atleast 1 of them. I am low on their interest though, so we will see how it goes.

Step 3: Schedule
    Now that I am in the Sun Belt conference, that will help make scheduling a bit easier. The conference, isn't the toughest out there, but my team sucks so we will see how Idaho does their first season. This schedule seems much easier compared to last seasons. The only guaranteed losses this season are vs UF, FS, and ULL. All the other games are very winnable, so if I can improve on last year and win at least 3 games I will consider this season a success.

Season Goal: Win 5 Games

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    BYE​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    BYE​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    BYE​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  24. RRAHx2

Job Security Dropped to 83% "Safe For Now"

Vandals Get Eaten Alive By Gators, Massacre in 'The Swamp'

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Gators were not expecting any competition from Idaho in their Week 1 match-up. The Vandals cam out and lived down to those expectations in a mediocre showing in Gainesville. Idaho was clearly outmatched and overpowered in this game. UF had the better athlete's and it showed in every facet of the game. Even if the Gatrs' weren't as skilled as Idaho, they still would have won on raw athleticism alone.​
    "It's never fun losing your season opener, it kind of brings you down off the pre-season high you have leading up to kick-off. Brings you back down to reality a bit. Our guys made some nice defensive plays and I really like what I saw from them. Our offense also had some nice conversions, and we had 2 scores on an elite defense. So this was good experience for our younger players. Hopefully, we can learn from this and be ready for conference play. That will define our season." A quote from Coach Hernandez after the game.​
    Later when asked about his job security, Coach Hernandez stated that "that's not his call" and deferred that question to the team's athletic director. While no formal statement has been made regarding Andy's coaching position, there have been rumors of possible changes being made if this season "ends badly".​
    Next week, Idaho opens conference play by heading to Arkansas State, to take on the Red Wolves. Idaho beat the Red Wolves last season, and are looking to repeat those results this season.​
    Final Score: UF - 48 Idaho - 13

25. RRAHx2

Vandals Get 1st Win Of Season, Come From Behind vs Red Wolves

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After last weeks beat down served up by the Florida Gators, the Idaho Vandals were pissed off and ready to take it out on someone. Unfortunately for Arkansas State, they were next on Idaho's schedule. Idaho came out and served up a butt whoopin' in the first half. They absolutely dominated ASU. Holding them to only 1 first down in the first 2 quarters, Idaho held a 20-0 lead at half time. Coach Hernandez provided some good insight after the game:​
    "I think we actually played too well in the first half, if that's possible. Our guys got too comfortable and thought the game was over. The 2nd half they got lazy and we almost let it slip away. We still haven't figured out how to put a complete game together yet, and that ended up causing us a lot of headaches toward the end. Chalich showed alot of poise down the stretch though, and our offense was executing beautifully on the final drive. If we can stop turning the ball over and get some consistency, this team could very well get to a bowl game soon."​
    [​IMG]
    Idaho gave up a 23-point lead in the 2nd half, and trailed 27-23 late in the 4th. Idaho scored a TD with :23 remaining in the game, to take back the lead and win the game. Much of the 2nd-half collapse can be attributed to TO's. Sophomore QB Chad Chalic threw 4 INT's in the game, including 3 in the 2nd half. That allowed Arkansas State to get back in this game, and ultimately take it down to the wire. Idaho will host Western Michigan in Moscow, ID next week. The Vandals are evenly matched with their next opponent so this could be the momentum needed to get them to 2-1.​
    Final Score: Arkansas State - 27 Idaho - 30