Idea about rosters

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 19, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Idea about rosters

What about giving our board members each a division, or maybe keep it simple and let the owners themselves tell us, after the roster update if there is a player who is in the fa's who belongs on their team, they can post and we will allow them to pick that player up, as to get the rosters as close as possible?

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

I like it. But we need to do this before trades and FA start.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Well, if we wait for the next roster update, wouldnt that add the players to the teams for us?

4. natedawg212000

Well I am saying if its not totally up to date OR if the roster update isn't affected in the Franchise.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

So for example... 49ers pick up Westbrook but drop Coffey?

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah I think we should add these players for sure

7. natedawg212000

Yes sir, those kinda of deals. Hopefully the update will include everyone and this won't be an issue.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

It won't matter. We are already signed into the franny. . .roster updates will not affect us.

9. natedawg212000

I am going to restart the franny since we have done nothing yet, but ONLY if the roster update is for online also.

10. Jeremy

Problem we are going to run into isnt the adding but the dropping.

Saints sign Ladell Betts. We add Betts but are we dropping Lynell Hamilton, who was put on IR and is the reason Betts signed? And is Hamilton restricted from being signed by another team?

Same thing with Coffey and the 49ers.

Pats released Tory Holt recently, do we ask Gaddy to release Holt?

Baltimore Ravens lost their best CB to IR but hes on Madden roster. Does he get cut?

Opens up lots of doors and causes more issues than it solves. I think its a good idea but for it to be a legit idea we have to go 100% or dont go at all.

We always said that we would let real NFL injuries affect our league rosters but that is what were doing if we do this.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If you let RL injuries affect our Madden rosters, my Broncos are SCREWED.

12. natedawg212000

IR players can play, but IR players who were cut need to be on the team also I guess because if they don't get hurt they are still on the team.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't mean to be a killjoy, and it looks like you got an idea in place to try to avoid this, but this will be a LOT of sifting through transactions in RL to see who is where. And that doesn't even count what you can't fix (players that aren't in game possibly being on a roster).

Even with each board member sifting through a division, that seems like a lot. Or am I just reading too much into this? That would not surprise me at all. lol

14. natedawg212000

I am fine with just rolling with what we have, I just wanted to get these as right as possible.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I personally wouldn't mind letting it go as is. It gives at least one valuable FA (Westbrook). There isn't much to fish for out there.

Plus, with a lackluster FA market, it gives all of us (free agent board members, cap guys, owners) a chance to play with the FA bidding system in a low-risk setting and make sure it will work for when it gets crazy after the first official offseason (when FA bidding is done at max values and whatnot).

16. natedawg212000

bump for more input.

17. Jeremy

I am in favor of doing this but only if we also drop players from rosters also.

IMO, only fair way.

18. natedawg212000

well I guess I am going to have to make the call here and roll with things as they are. No one seems interested in the league right now and no one is stepping up to run with ideas. Things are taking weeks for us to decide.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I say run with the rosters as is. I think I said that before lol but I'll say it again. No reason to restart franny over a roster update, and no reason for us to take the time to rework rosters to realistic preseason norms.

20. Jeremy

I agree. Easiest route to take.

21. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sorry its Sunday! I was out on the lake with the fam. I can see an upside to each POV's. Realism is nice but it could be a headache for everyone to make drops and signings. I say we got with rosters as is.