Idea for 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Apr 10, 2011.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Wondering how yall would feel about this. What if we did a coaching carousel for 12? Basically, every team has a set of goals that need to be accomplished yearly in order for you to keep your job. The goals can be the same one used in the offline dynasty: beat your rival, win conference championship, etc. The difficulty of the goals can be based off of the school prestige. Teams with 6 stars will need to accomplish harder goals then teams with 3 or 4. If you reach a certain amount of goals, you get to retain your school for 5/6 star schools or you can move up to a better school if you do it with a 3/4 star school.

A downside to this is that if you switch schools, you would have to start over with a new team and your work with your former team would be at a lost. Just trying to see what yalls take on this would be.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

It sounds good in theory, but isn't really practical for a multi-user dynasty. When we all start job hunting, we wind up spread out across multiple conferences. It just hasn't worked out so well in the past, I've seen other dynasties try it.

3. MexiRican35

I was thinking along the lines of keeping it in the big 10/pac 12

4. dakota7

So do we start at little school, WAC or MAC and only get jobs in the Big 10/pac 12?

5. MexiRican35

No, i was thinking like with jface at northwestern, if he does good there, he can move up to penn st or mich st. Something like that, so that we keep it in conference.

6. dakota7

And then have to play the powerhouse team you built at Northwestern..........that's different. I see good and bad there...lol

7. MexiRican35

Haha ya true. Its better than playing a weak NW team and just beating the crap put of the cpu

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

It's a very interesting idea, but the way it is set up in 2 conferences will make it difficult to accomplish a goal for every team. Also if you lose your job from not doing well, you will have to go to a lesser school, which will not help you do any better, due to your opponents and the cpu recruits that you would inherit. If we went the other way you could say you have to accomplish such and such at your current school to move up or over to a different school of the same caliber.

HOWEVER, we could do something like this from 12 to 13. If you don't do well in NCAA FOOTBALL '12, when we draft for 13 you can't have certain caliber of teams. Say something like if you have a 6 star program you must win at least 1 National Championship and be in 3 overall BCS Bowl games or something to be able to coach a 6 star program when '13 releases. I think that's more feasible. If we all stay together anyway.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I do not like abandoning the team I recruited. Makes me feel like I wasted my time, when I could have just started with the team I ended up at. It would also be sad if everytime you got a school to 5/6 stars you were fired because you could not beat enough users. Which would be a vicious cycle of losing because you are certainly not going to do any better with a worse team. If anything it should be the reverse, with dominate teams having to leave their school to create more league wide parity.

10. MexiRican35

Hmm, interesting take on the dominate teams part. How would you go about doing that?

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

@MexiRican35
    Something like:

• 6 star nation champs are force to move to the worse available team( depending on what subdivision is open)
    • At the end of the season you can move to any non-user school you have a better BCS ranking than. There must always be an even distribution of users in the 4 sub divisions.
    • When choosing schools in the offseason. All coaches wanting to leave there team declare so in order of BCS standing( best to worst ). Then new teams are selected in order of BCS standing (Best to Worst) from the open teams in the non-full divisions. If the national champ is forced to relocate he goes last, and of course his team will be cpu controlled for at least one year since no one had a better bcs ranking.
    An interesting way to keep the conference CPUs competitive and any player from dominating every year with crazy Texas like super teams. But perhaps too experimental.

12. Jayrah

I like the idea after 2 national titles within 3 yrs but not 1, if its not more than that there will have been good parity imo. So once every 4 yrs and you can stay. Also if you are forced to do that I think any team that had an even 6-6 or worse record the previous year should be available, as opposed to worst available would be more fair. That way its as if you got multiple offers and picked the school that you wanted.

13. MexiRican35

Interesting take. I agree with jay, not to do it after the first year, but maybe after 2 over 3 year span. Course, then recruiting all those top prospects goes to waste. And it does sound experimental. I doubt that any other league has tried it.

14. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Well you can win Multiple in a row. Just only one when your a 6 star school. Reasoning being when your a 6 star school your team will only get better at the fastest rate possible(top recruits, max improvement). So if you take a 6 star school you are only going to get one National Championship out of it. Evens out those who take great schools off the bat and those that do not. The whole point is not to allow the best users to sit on 6 star schools.

If your reasoning was not 2 over 3 years, Ohio St would never have been forced to change schools in the last 5 years of nightowls.

15. Jayrah

Yeah they wouldve. You'd have left Texas and he'd have got multiples. Not to mention there will be more users to fight over recruits in the conference. I think a user at Michigan wouldve stolen some from osu.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I would only have a new team this year. he would have the same everything

17. Jayrah

Ok ok. But regardless, the parity aspect is happening with our draft order process. Also keep in mind there was no conference championship in the big ten (where there will be this year) Wisky has barely played OSU due to terrible cpu scheduling and there hasnt been a user for 2 seasons in the other division in the big 12, meaning you have been playing vs cpu for some of these conference championships, which may not have made a difference, but its that much more difficult. Also the addition of 2 more user games per season with 1 less conference.

18. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I am not advocating for having manditory coach changes. Merely that if we did make coaches move teams it should be the best teams to the worst teams and often if at all. You might as well do it frequently, otherwise no one will want to move, and when ppl are forced to move they will feel like they alone are being shafted (especially if it only happened once in 5 seasons).

19. MexiRican35

Ya and with usc, michigan, and nebreska taken their should be more battles between top teams. The guys who did have those teams decided to leave, so it just left Ohio st and Texas as the top teams.

20. Jayrah

I agree with you. Just bringing other thoughts to the table. :)

21. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

In all fairness, dru came into the league and had chosen michigan. His child, however, decided he should leave

Now, as far as this idea is going - im not an advocate of coaches moving in a league midway through the dynasty. Isnt that kind of what we had the draft for?

22. Jayrah

Michigans been handled by 3 different coaches since Night Owls was formed. However they are now being haunted by their inability to keep a coach... :)

23. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

oklahoma was vacant for a long time too. Penn st was never owned. Stanford left after the first couple weeks. It will be nice to (hopefully) not have turnover next year.

24. Jayrah

Understatement!!!

25. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

If only NCAA had giant robots in it my kid would have let the game survive.....

• Like Like x 1