Idea for "How We Earn Recruits/Lose 'Em"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 14, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Idea for "How We Earn Recruits/Lose 'Em"

Ok so we're pretty much split on the new or old system so I've come up with some more ideas.. These are just ideas and ARE NOT SET IN STONE. I haven't even talked to JV about this, I just posted 'em up. My ideas are:

-Extra 5 Star Recruit: Have Freshman Nominated to All Freshman Team, excludes Punters/Kickers (1) Encourages you to start and succeed with a true Frosh.

-BCS Record Breaker will come down and in its' place will be 1st Team All-Conference Team. Keeps people from chasing records and stat padding. (one 4 star recruit no matter how many you get named to the team, since it's pretty easy to do)

-Extra 5 star recruit if you win all your user games (3 minimum). I think if you can prove yourself against users you should be rewarded.

Any thoughts?

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Sounds good to me

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Just wanna add some things to the current format to give people more opprotunities to gain more recruits. Even though people will probably (unless they have a bad year) only have to recruit 3-4 three stars, which isn't that bad. Just wanna make this fun for everyone. I read alot of dynasties and at least a couple were pondering if they should cut down on their recruits. I don't know, I like it the "new" way because it makes me recruit with alot more strategy but I'll save my point (even though y'all already know my take) for the other thread.

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

The reason I like earning your recruits is because regardless of what type of season(s) a team like Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Georgia, Florida (just to name a few) have, they will continue to be good because of the design of the game. They can go .500 every year and will continue to get the best players. Meanwhile, smaller schools take 3 to 4 seasons to get the "Good" four star recruits to even to consider going their. This way demonstrates that your "earning" what you get and not living on the name of your school. In my opinion, it just evens the playing field. If you do good, you are rewarded, if you don't, get your game up!!!

5. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I like it and hope we stay with earning the recruits. I think it needs to be said that recruiting in the game is not like real life so I don't think it's right to just have a free for all. Like Jerzey has said, the numbers he put together are in line with what USC and other big programs pull in in real life. In this game it is possible to get 10 or more 5 stars on one team. That would never happen.

I know it's already different than playing a solo season with all the recruiting competition, but with more people it leaves the CPU out in the cold even more. There are many parts of the game that aren't like real life so I think trying to treat recruiting like real life is a mistake.

This site has created many rules to try to play as straight as possible and that has certainly been a great thing. Other leagues have rules like this and it just adds more to the experience. If we all just got anyone we could then all the games vs. the computer would suck. I know I had a lot of fun playing USC and Penn State in close contests this year and I would hate to lose that opportunity.

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol yeah i still have to win to earn my recruits which i do but it keeps me more interested in the game with mlb and 11 coming soon i can still have interest in whats going on here. Yes i still win with Texas and still get my recruits but it keeps me into the game.