Idea for Madden Online Franchise Trade Approvals

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by HotRod, Jun 11, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Idea for Madden Online Franchise Trade Approvals

So as I was browsing the pastapadre forums, I read a post about this guys idea on how to handle trade approvals for the Madden Online Franchise that seems to lack essential franchise features, lol.

http://www.pastapadre.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3705

The idea is very straight forward. Basically each trade is a function of the players overall rating, age, and position. Each position will have their own constant value so an 87 rated FB isn't equal to an 87 overall QB. He said he hope to create a simple program to implement this trade logic so people can use them. Hopefully he can get that done.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    That's pretty much what I had in mind to use for our leauge. I think it will work, but it's a big step to take if we don't know how everything else works.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Trades will be approved via the trade committee... a group of 5 owners who will review for fairness and balance and overall benefit of the league.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Here is to hoping that trades are given a wide latitude. Absent collusion, I don't have a problem with trades if I don't think they are fair, because to me that is too strict.

If the Bills can acquire a good QB, and they want to give away 3 first rounders, personally i don't have a problem with it. Especially if it is to a team like the Chiefs that need young players, and Cassel isn't going to help them. Now 3 first rounders may be too much, but if you are buffalo, that is the biggest missing piece to your team, and if you have to pay a high price, Im not sure you mind giving up the picks.

Just my thoughts, and I would like to be on the trade committee if possible.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

problem comes with said Bills owner guts his team and then leaves the league... trying to find a new owner to take over a Buffalo team with no future draft picks might be a chore.

Trading will be somewhat restrictive... because it doesn't happen THAT often in the real NFL. Teams will be restricted to a total of 5 players traded per year in a maximum of 5 transactions per year.

6. OMlawdog

I guess I just trust the owners a little more, but I certainly understand your point.

Considering the Bears traded 2 first rounders and a third for Cutler, It would be hard for me to call the Cassell trade as unfair.

Only 5 total trades all year? What about at the draft? Lets assume for a second that we have time to trade down, not sure we will but if I have already traded 4 times, does that leave me only one trade for the draft?

Just wondering, Im not sure if trading picks is going to work anyway. I think there is a way to have pre pick deals like in the NBA and then simply trade the players after the draft.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The other guy can just agree to pick for you and we can swap the rosters later on. I don't think it will be a huge deal.

8. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

your first mistake is trusting the owers. In a small tightn it community it is easier to do. Like in the NCAA league there is only a handful of guys, but getting 32 people organized and keeping htem happy and active is a different ballgame. If tsomeone starts out 0-6 there is a high probability that they will leave and be tired of the game. It is all freindly and committed before the Season starts, but how about after Season 1 someone is tired of the game. Trust is all fine and good but with a big league from my experiences in being in Franchise leagues is there are always people who dont care as much as the hardcores, and they will always hop leagues. ryno has ran Madden Leagues for 10 years, it iust a different platform, same general concepts, and the trade commitee is better than you think. It sounds like it sucks but trust me the first time you See Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, and Keith Rivers traded for Ray Lewis vetoed you will be glad it is there

9. OMlawdog

I agree that trust is a big issue, that is why Im committing to this league because I know that 80% of the owners have played in the Tradition in some format, and that they should be trusted.

That is the one thing about this community that will make NCAA 2010 so great is that we will be in year 3 of a dynasty when most people are still trying to find a league that lasts more than 7 weeks of a dynasty.

I don't have a problem with a trade committee, in fact I think it is a great idea, I just don't want trades vetoed for being one sided. One sided to one person can be argued against and though I think it is a bad trade for Team X, it may make sense to that player. Of course in the hpyo you gave, that is an obvious veto.

What if the trade was Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, and Keith Rivers for Matt Ryan, First round pick, and Jerious Norwood? If we had a cap, that would be tough call for me, because you get a great young QB, a first rounder, an electrifying RB, for an older Stud QB, a crazy older WR, and a young stud OLB.

I would rather get the Palmer group, but it is hard for me to say the trade should be vetoed, especially if the team getting Ryan has depth at OLB and WR, and needs a RB.

10. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

I don't believe a trade like thatching get vetoed, but that would all depend on the salary cap rules, becasue antoher reason for the committee is a lot of owners cant be trusted to manage there cap very well and they turn into such a huge hole that they have to strip the team generally when that happens a new owner is on the way becasue once someone jobs a cap badly they don't stick around to fix it. It would be great if we could get 32 guys gung ho and lasting a long time through good and bad times, that is the ideal scenario, and once you have a proven track record you are trusted more and more the main thing is just protecting the team from a complete disaster. Regardless it will be a blast and I hope all 32 guys really want to be in it for the long haul becasue that is what would make it bad ass

11. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

I do agree that it will be tough to find 32 owners to stay in a madden franchise for 10 seasons. But I think everyone who joins needs to ask themselves, if I finish 2-14 for the first couple of seasons, will I still be interested in playing. I for one, have always (except last season) enjoyed playing madden win or lose. Everyone needs to know that 32 owners can't all win the superbowl and 31 of us will lose every season.

As far as trades are concerned. I like the limit of 5 trades every season. Except for the first season, maybe give out the 5 at the very start of the year right before the draft. That way if you use 2-3 trades in the draft, you know you will have only a couple to play with once the season starts.

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I expect to lose with the worst team in the league (lions), but thats part of the fun is rebuilding. And whats great with madden that isnt in NCAA is that if you suck you get the best draft pick, while in NCAA if you suck you get nothing but a loss of prestige

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

in 10 years.. probably close to 50+ seasons of online football, i have never won a championsip.. college or pro. I got to the NFC Championship one year and Kingerock beat me on the last play of the game in the corner of the endzone back in 2002 or so.

If your in this to win, your in the wrong place.... its about the journey, not the destination.

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think involving draft picks in trades should be limited to two years into the future max.

15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I think the trade committee should consist of 8 guys(1 per division) and committee members can not vote on trades involving division

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

:eek:
    I agree with this, if you trade picks it can only include this years and next years draft. Damn I really didn't add anything to the conversation there.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That leaves open the possibility of a 3-3 vote, in which case I think Ryno could probably weigh in as the final vote. I definately agree though that members should not be allowed to vote on trades within their own divisions.