Idea for PMFL and OMFL

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Idea for PMFL and OMFL

So what do you guys think?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Like I had mentioned I like the idea. If this idea isn't that desirable we could do a release week Madden tournament for Premier members, similar to NCAA.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i would support any cross league events.. just let me know the details.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm open. But we need a couple weeks off from playing as a league. That is what almost every owner wants that I talk too. They just want a brief break...and I think I'm in their corner now.

If we do this, let's wait until late August..like around the 25th or after to start this.

5. natedawg212000

the point is when the new game comes out, no one will want a break and this would be a chance for us all to play in a tourney and get both leagues ready to kick off their season. I will not do it in late august because by then we will be starting our own league.

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I could do without the cross league play, but I think a lot of people would be excited to do it. I'm not so much against that it upsets me, but I honestly can fill the time playing you guys.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

While I like the idea on its face, it just doesn't make sense for us. We had this OMFL Cup thing, and the #1 concern that everybody kept pointing too is that they needed time off as they were getting burnt out. People didn't play the games, they had issues with our rules and structure, and it nearly cost us owners.

Again while a good idea on its face, it doesnt make any sense for us if our owner base is that burnt out.

8. natedawg212000

well we will never (I feel like I am beating my head against a wall here) never never never take a break. So imo we could try this not as a mandatory thing, just as a who wants to do it to cover the time for the first week or two before we kick the season off. Then just play the end of the game by ear.

9. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

When is the tentative date to start the online franchise for Madden 11? The original roster on the release date and the roster after Week 1 of the regular season always seems so much different. I know it would be kind of crazy to start the league after September 12th though.

10. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

For some reason I do not like the cross league thing myself much as Web stated. I would never say I would not participate I just think we have way too many other things in our own league to sort through and set up. The idea down the road may be better but I think until we have 32 solid owners that there could be some friction between the 2 leagues and also people favoring one league over another if the "cross over" goes bad for certain owners. Just my 2 cents on a gut feeling I have on it. But like I said if something gets put together I am happy to help and participate. Would rather work on our new cap and rules and set everything up as far as ownership so we are ready to fly out of the box. For some people there will have to be a period where they need to understand any new changes OMFL will have and throwing a cross tourney with a league that may have different rules and playing styles may not help.

11. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

If we are looking to fill some time and peak interest we should turn off injuries and play pre season games and then make roster cuts down to the requirements after. That way we can check out our teams depth and get a feel for our team before we go live. Also may give us some time with roster cuts and adds to get everyone a feel for our new cap systems. Just an idea or some form of it not even sure it can be done lol...

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think the only issue with the cup was it was basically like the end of 2010. With 2011 coming out everyone will be eager to jump ahead of the learning curve and excitement will be high with the new release. Also football season is right around the corner as teams are starting to report to camp here in the next couple days. I think a week of release Round robin or cross league tourney would be a great idea to break out the new release in good fashion as we shore up all the lil oddities we may find in the game. Who knows, there might be something that needs patched that we must wait for before we can start.

13. natedawg212000

Dunn those are great ideas, but it's been stated that nothing has changed for the online game and because of that there is no preseason for us to play and practice and get ready with.

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think if TF wants to do a Madden Tourney we should leave it up to them. This way our guys can play in that and we don't have to be responsible ;) They did it for NCAA so I'm sure they are going to do it for Madden. Again, this way the guys who want to play and fill time will have something to do, however it won't be mandatory for our league.

I'd say our league should focus on the new cap rules, because it is going to take all our focused effort to get everybody on board with that. We are talking multiple hours for each of the 32 teams...not to mention when there's mistakes and we have to go back and redo some teams. This is going to take a long LONG time with this new system. I know some guys seem to think I'm just a little slow or something, but if I am having a hard time comprehending this cap system I'm fairly certain the majority of our owners will too.

Let's not have distractions from that. Thats my vote.

15. natedawg212000

I think you are being just a bit harsh on a system just because we didn't do real contracts like you wanted. All I am asking is to read it, and you will understand it, and the parts you dont want can help you with. That's for every owner, but we have went way far and beyond to explain this step by step to everyone. NONE of this really takes effect until the first offseason. During the season will be very easy.