Idea - OMFLBowl Trophy?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 24, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Idea - OMFLBowl Trophy?

http://www.crownawards.com/StoreFro...lag_Football_i9_Sports_Crystal_Pedestals.prod

We've done this in the OMFL years ago, but what about doing a trophy that would be passed from winner to winner, or even just buy one for each OMFLBowl Champ? We could all pitch in, unless someone wants to just out right buy it and we could have it custom made? The link above is just a idea, but we could pick something everyone likes.

Just a thought.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

A nifty idea to be sure. I think it's a good idea.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I like the idea, but I know Frisk...this is a HUGE IF, but IF he were to some how win the OMFL Bowl...he'd get that trophy, drop the league, and fall off the face of TF.

I like the idea. Honestly, the only thing that would worry me is shipping and handling after every season, and if a guy wins it, then drops whether it be intentional or because he doesn't have the time anymore. Especially with summer right around the corner, like what happened in NCAA and Madden 09 last year in the leagues I were in, guys dropped interest. Of course TF is a different monster, but it's a possiblity. Maybe if there is a smaller/cheaper option then that we could chip-in or pay for our own and then every champion gets a trophy for them to keep??

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like the idea but I just dont know if its feasible.

I would suggest some photoshop guru creat an OMFL Bowl trophy that the winner can carry around in his sig. Something Big,Shiny and stands out alot.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'll agree with Jeremy...and I took the time to make up something that is big, shiny, and stands out alot....

[​IMG]

6. Jeremy

Since I won OMFL Bowl last year, I will gladly display this trophy proudly!!!!!!!!

7. natedawg212000

Well $30 each year for the new owner isn't that bigga deal. With 32 owners if everyone chipped in $2 that's way more then enough to cover it. It's just a thought. something that would set us a part. like I said we've done it in the past.

8. Jeremy

If it can be done, Im all for it.

Lets do this quick so I can get a little face time with my trophy!!!

9. natedawg212000

well i agree, it would probably be best to just buy one each season for the champ, something they get to keep.

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

yeah, i think you should run a poll to see how many guys are willing to chip in like $2 a season or so. I mean, if you get a $30 unit, then add shipping and handling to the winner, then $2 will be more then enough. Idk what you'd do with the extra, but maybe throw in like a runner up or MVP trophy, pin, something that can be bought with the extra money.

11. Jeremy

I am in for $2 or whatever it takes.

12. natedawg212000

The extra could just go towards the next years bowl.

13. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

im down for whatever. i like the idea of a trophy. a guy in mega had an idea we might be able to implement as long as we have owners for long haul. we buy 1 standing trophy/belt that is mailed to the next superbowl winner each season. that owner takes a picture (for the website/superbowl history thread we will create) and keeps it until we have a new champion. at that point it gets mailed to the new champ.