Idea - Team Swaps

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, I know this will spark a bit of debate, but hear me out....

I don't think it's fair for new owners coming into the league to be saddled with a less than talented team, see a team come open that is better, jump ship, and then THEIR team comes open. The team they have lived/died with since they were a kid, or a teenager. BUT....they already swapped. So they are STUCK.

Let me first state that I am NOT proposing this idea as a way for me to leave the Lions. I took them because I know I will stick this out with them and get them going in the right direction. Period. But this is for those guys who get stuck with their first OMFL gig as the lowly Bills, or Browns, or any bad talent team.

Two swaps per Madden. TWO.

This I feel is a compromise between the now famous "Jeremy Rule" that we have now (1 swap) and the Madden 10 rule we had (one swap per year, which ended up being 3 swaps total).

I don't feel two swaps in a span of 3-4 years of Madden gametime is a huge deal. I would rather have an owner be able to get out of a bad situation (using Buffalo again since they have had 5 owners this year alone) into a better one HOPING he gets a team he really likes, rather than having a person get out of Buffalo for ANYTHING and then realizing he is STUCK there, gets unhappy, then leaves as a result because he knows he has no shot at ever leaving.

2 swaps per Madden is my proposal. If the rules committee wants to run with it, fine. And it can be retroactive as well, meaning that Jeremy and NDColts (both of which have swapped once already and are giving ND the Colts, and rightfully so in my opinion) are both LOCKED for Madden 11.

I think both Jeremy and ND would not argue this point at all about freezing their moves, as Jeremy has been more than flexible with the first rule change (1 swap per Madden). Personally, speaking not for myself but for NEW owners coming in, having to gut out Buffalo just to hope your team comes open in not something I want to force, which is what I feel we are forcing here with the swap. Basically, you take what's available to get out of Buffalo.

Again, I'm staying in Detroit come 0-16 or Super Bowl (which is around the corner, ladies, mark it on your calendar). Super Bowl or bust is my lookout for these Lions. They have proven their moxie to me, and I think with some extra talent, you NFC board members better look out.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am really not leaning one way or the other. I am really cool with whatever. The goal is to always get a guy his favorite team.

3. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

What about having some sort of "favorite team" rule? Have everyone declare their favorite team - either in a PM or in a forum post. We keep track of the favorite teams of the owners in the board room. Team swaps stay at one per version of the game, but have a provision where if an owner's favorite team becomes available, he is eligible to switch to be that team's owner.

If a team comes open, we first consult our favorite team list. If there is an owner who has declared the open team as his favorite, he is given the first crack at the team before it is offered to the rest of the league. If he declines (or if no owners have the open team as their favorite), it then goes to our current process of offering the team out for 24 hours.

Of course, there will be a few teams (Dolphins, Pats, Saints) who multiple owners declare their favorite. We'd need a way to determine who gets the first crack at switching - seniority perhaps?

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

we've done that before. i like doing it again.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I can live with that. However, I know my team will never come open.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

LOL...Same boat as you Winuvas.

I like the idea of everyone declaring ONE team that if they had the choice they could move to that team. We could do this in a sticky.

I also think allwoing 2 swaps is acceptable to the current rule of 1. Two teams swaps plus if your declared favorite teams comes open you can aplly for that team even if you are out of swaps.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That I could live with and I honestly think the only ones that it would tick off are those "lifer" guys. Guys who have been with 1 franchise the entire time of OMFL.

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I agree with win. As for the Colts go there will never be a swap i live and breathe and bleed colts blue. I will be one of those lifers with the colts till the day i die