IDEA - trade rules season 2 and beyond

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

IDEA - trade rules season 2 and beyond

Not a proposal. Just a discussion of my personal idea for trades:

-Each team in the OMFL once offseason begins is allowed 5 total trades.

-Each of these 5 trades can involve, at most, 3 players per side. 4 players or more involved in trades are not allowed.

-Draft picks can be used to entice deals during the offseason only. Draft picks do NOT count as a "player" for the purposes of the 3 players per side rule above.

-Draft picks can be traded by themselves for other draft picks. If no players are involved in a trade of picks, this does NOT count as one of the team's 5 trades.

-ALL trades will be reviewed by the trade committee. This review will be conducted in a 24 hour minimum timeframe from the time of the trade proposal as the trade committee can get together.

-Any trade deemed inappropriate by the committee will be voided. A reason may/may not be given for the trade refusal. Teams can rework a deal and resubmit it for approval.

-Multi-team deals are allowed. No more than 3 teams can be involved in a multi-team deal (for realism reasons). In a three-team deal, each team involved uses up 2 of their 5 trades for the season.

-Trade deadline is week 6 of the regular season. NO trades may take place after this timeframe.

Keep in mind that unbalanced trades (3-1, 2-1, 3-2) are encouraged with our cap system the way it is. HOWEVER, the trade committee needs to analyze trades not only by the overalls but by the cap values (teams trying to get cap space for next year's crop of FAs, teams trying to move in players to help with a playoff push, etc). This analysis should be occuring regardless of which trade rules we have in place.

Let me know what you think. This allows, at most, 15 players to swap around. Yes, that is a lot. But NFL teams changing coaches can go through and cut players/sign new players and you see lots of roster turnaround after new coaching changes. It usually takes 2-3 years (which we don't have the luxury of in a game like this), but you'll see that coach's "players" within that timeframe.

I don't think this is a horrible breakdown of trading players. It allows for flexibility in getting "your" players, just like changing teams once a year allows you to get to a team that might have more of "your" type of players than your current team. With the way trades are structured right now, honestly, it's more beneficial to just swap teams than build a legacy. I don't personally like that, but if you guys want to keep it as is, I'm a soldier and I will survive.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

6 trades w/3 per side is 18 players and thats not realistic.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

WHOOPS...forgot to edit 6 trades to 5. Thought about it and wanted to go to 5.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

5 x 3 is 15 players, still too many. 8 is max per season that I think should be allowed. Even that is not a realistic number. I know dun wants multiteam trades, but they SHOULD be hard, which is WHY they don't happen. I am more than willing to go along with some flexability, but not 15 players. IMO, just too many.