Ideas for Champions League 2

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by niuhuskie224, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

As we continue to push towards the end of the Champions League, I thought now would be a good a time as any to start discussing the 2nd year of Champions League play.

Based on the first season, give some feed back on what you like, what we could improve upon for next season and anything else you think could make the Champions League even more exciting next season.

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I dunno if this has been decided or not, but are we using Final Standings to determine who qualifies for TCL season 2 or are we sticking to first 3 weeks of season?

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

You should tell these guys some of your ideas Huskie.. I thought most of them were spot on.

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I was going to hold and add it them in later. But perhaps I can leak a couple now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I would like some leaked! I'm hopeful that I will qualify for the next go around!

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Idea... One of the CL qualifiers would be having no more than one unplayed matches in current TFL season

7. AJ Hart MN

[​IMG]
    Thought I would post that so @Blaza doesn't have to.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. AJ Hart MN

Umm, were waiting patiently.. :)

9. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Alright, without further ado, here are some of the ideas for Champions League 2

Some of this depends on the size of the leagues for next season as I assume there will be someone, that will drop and give us the need to reshuffle the deck.

If we move to 10 teams per league (meaning 2 people dropped), I would like to go a solid 10 for the champions league. Maybe a max of 12. That puts some emphasis on being good with whatever criteria we use. Right now we are at 16/22 (73%) If we go to even 12 out of 20, that is 60% and 10 out of 20 is 50%. That make it more of a challenge to get in. Then my thought is at 10 we go to two groups of 5, one game against everyone for 4 CL games. Group winners and then 2 wildcards, or group winners and 4 wildcards (with table winners getting a bye).

I am also thinking about making for a long criteria to get into the CL. Instead of 3 weeks, it would be a longer period so that the 10 or 12 that do make it in, have earned it.

We could also discuss if we will have the group play everyone once (for 4 games over 4 weeks) or twice (for 8 games over 4 weeks). I like the urgency of one game to be honest but that is just me.

Also if we move to everyone playing one game, we could add some extra juice to the games by removing all tiebreakers and making teams with equal points play against each other for the final spots in the 4 (or 6) team tournament.

There is more to come of course, and I am talking with the powers that be about how we can make the CL even better for season 2.

• Like Like x 1
  10. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Also thinking about going to double elimination or a consolation bracket for the knockout round.

Thought?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.