Ideas for how to improve CCM for next year...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by OMlawdog, Apr 23, 2013.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Looking slightly ahead to next year I have thought about ways to improve the online franchise based on what we have done this year and here is what I have come up with;

Eliminating 6 and 7 year deals. They simply allow users to back load deals for seasons that may never get played. If we don't elminate them, there should be a bonus requirement of 40% of the total package or something similiar.

Bidding on free agents in the preseason. A lot of teams have to cut decent players to get under the cap and using a waiver wire to determine who gets who is kind of silly. They should be able to be bid on, and then the team that signs that player should have to sign them to a one year deal at that amount.

A better understanding of how a player's cap number affects his trade value. Revis' trade to the bucs really establishes that. No one can really argue that Revis is a better player than the 13 overall pick in the draft. The difference is that Bucs have to pay him 16 million. That is a huge cap hit. We are talking almost 12% of a team's cap number on that player. The same reason my deals for Jason Peters and Nnandi (Who is now retired) almost didn't go through because people (Peench) didn't think I was getting enough, were short sighted and if anything I got too much. I think the trade committee needs to take salary into consideration with trade offers.

That is all i have off top of my head now, but Im sure I will think of more;

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    In terms of waivers that all depends on whether there will be an ability to sign for a specific amount. Currently you just sign the player for an already determined value.

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I think you can alter that value if the pickup is done through the website

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Oh ok, never picked up a FA through the website.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

In previous years of Madden - I ran a much more complex FA bidding system AND had TIERS for contracts and the terms being offered to players.

Things like - if over 90ovr, bonus must = half of the contract's full value. Madden currently lets you just rape players on guaranteed money. Limiting things like bonus money and factoring in years made a huge difference in FA bidding.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Hopefully they improve the salary aspects of Madden next year so we don't have the backload issue. Even though once a GM backloads a few players, things tend to get overwhelming cap wise. That's when a guy like myself, who handles the cap well, can scoop up some good cap casualty talent. :D

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Pry to late to get anything in the new game at this point

8. OMlawdog

I agree with this;

I also think not allowing 6 or 7 year contracts will keep free agency fresh;

9. OMlawdog

Yeah, but we can implement a lot of these changes are self.

Limiting to 4-5 year deals will help; Requiring guaranteed money for certaing players.

I really think we should only be able to franchise one player every 3 years;

This makes it harder for people to stock pile great players;

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

how is the franchise tag in the game different from real life? If salary numbers are comparable then it should work the same as the NFL in the sense that you have the same power to keep your best players

11. OMlawdog

The problem is that in real life, players hate being tagged and players then end up not reporting and that by and large they either sign a more lucrative deal as opposed to getting franchised. In our game a guy will franchise someone because the tag is less than the cap number being proposed in the contract and there is no consequence.

12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    How do you quantify hate? And how could you use code to have people not report to camp. I am not trying to be a jerk or argue I am just curious maybe shaun could educate us. I do agree on not being able to do 6 year contracts...I also think that with 32 of us we shouldnt use "Draft Guides" we see how that worked out :)

13. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Baron + Madden + Philstyle = Hate.

Simple.

14. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I have a big article in the works on CCM, as I've been tearing the mode apart.

I wasn't the only one, so I appreciate you not callin me out or anything :) What was the trade again?

15. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

CHUNKNESS do you have what we used to do or you are currently doing in 12th man around contracts for FA? I thought we had a certain threshold in regards to guaranteed money, total years, etc.

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

OMlawdog are these things features or structure that you want to see built into the game , or is this a discussion about what we can try to look at in TMFL next release to improve competitive balance ?

17. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I think a lot of our issues stemmed from the fact that we had a restart and didnt have the full affect of backloaded contracts. I do agree on limiting contracts when we get to a certain time in our CCM and know we wont be playing past a certain amount of seasons. If we are in year 5 of our franchise and looks like we have 2 years left, we should limit the amount of years we offer them as we are getting a huge discount on the front end to never see the back end of those contracts. I agree with Lawdog saying that some self restrictions will have to be put in place to do so as the developers wont know that we are looking to stop after year 7 rather than yeer 25. Making a bonus to contract ratio is a good start to allow for higher contracts in the early years as stated by lawdog. Something to definitely think about.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Good points. Is this why I see some madden leagues sim entire seasons?

19. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

D'Brickshaw and Mangold are starting to cost me a great deal because they had back loaded 7 years deals in RL.

20. Keller

ive
    suggested that multiple tines and no one liked the idea

21. dakota7

Because you wanted the backloaded, longterm contracts to matter?

22. Keller

i suggested it for a lot of reasons

23. dakota7

I'm not a damn dentist! Tell me already. :)

24. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Because it was a shitty idea.

• Like Like x 6
  25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Maybe it was all the typos ;)