Ideas for NCAA '11 OD

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Apr 29, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Ideas for NCAA '11 OD

I've been rolling some ideas around. Instead of playing with the original rosters, I say we sim and recruit the first two seasons and advance daily. We need to figure out a way to do this together but that way we play in season 3 and can only use 1st, 2nd & 3rd year players. It would be more challenging plus we'd start with recruited players and not have to wait so long. It just gets old with ratings being so different with original players.

You guys let me know if this sounds like a viable option. What do you think?

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I guess it all comes down to why someone likes the game... Me personally, I was looking forward to hooking up with SoCar next year, with the incoming freshman class and Garcia/Jeffrey/Saunders and building from there. I like the mix of IRL players and future recruiting and building to a point. Like when I took over SoCar, they were a 3* school and built into a 6*. First year was challenging but it has come around.

Ultimately, I will default to whatever the majority wants, and the suggestion doesn't bother me one bit.

3. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

Not a fan of that idea really. I would feel that way if I was running with Florida or a team as weak as say Army.

4. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Cool. Just an idea to think about.

5. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Also, another reason was because I was sick of playing with the same old players. For example, Jevan Snead was my qb for 3 seasons when we started the 1st OD, then another 2 seasons in this one. We should have some fresh faces at OM this season so that may be more exciting. Same situation for itsnotagame if he were to choose Arky again and have Mallett. He may be cool with it though.

It would be cool to get to recruited players and the original FReshmen without having to wait so long imo. No biggie, just a random thought since we have all this time invested. What would be cool is to port this od over to '11. If that were an option, I'd be all for it.

6. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

With that said are we keep our teams for 11 or repicking like we did for the beginning of 10'. If we were able to port over I would be for it..Im not really for simming the the first seasons.

7. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Yeah, it's a far-fetched idea but just thinking about trying something different. We defnitely don't have to but it would be fun. I figured most would be against it.

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

So what is the story for 2011????

Repicking or we get to keep our teams? I'd kind of like to keep the Gamecocks... Alshon is a stud!

9. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

As far as I know it will be similar to last year. If someone wants to switch or swap teams, we'll just see who asks for new teams and see how it works out best for everyone. Most Gus typically stay with their prior teams. Itsnotagame was UGa oin our 1st OD but wanted a team he could build for the 2nd so he chose Arkansas, which happened to be an open team.