Ideas, Suggestion and General Dynasty Disscussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Jun 30, 2009.

?

Should we have a rule that limits owners to 1 playbook for the entire season.

Poll closed Jul 10, 2009.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Ideas, Suggestion and General Dynasty Disscussion

If you have any ideas or suggestions or questions, post here. Need input from you guys to make Dynasty successful.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'd prefer 7 min qtrs on Heisman. Obviously we'll have to wait to adjust sliders until the game comes out and we can test it a little. The more competitive the computer is the better in my opinion (so long as it's not cheesy).

I like what you've got going so far in the other thread for rules. I think the basic rules of TF will suffice for the dynasty. Then, we'll have to look at what recruiting limits and other things that may need to be put in place once we get the final copy.

When are you thinking about starting this? My vote would be to wait at least a week or two until some solid rosters have been created and to give us a chance to see what some of the flaws are and maybe EA will have issued a patch by then to fix some of the issues.

3. lilmaggie

Yeah. A week or so after release is when we will start. 7 min maybe, but the sliders and difficulty , we will just wait and see.

4. GoGators

Have you been playing the demo much? It seems to me that they've gotten rid of some of the issues with gameplay. The new angles really seem to help against speed too. On one play I had Demps in the open off a screen pass and one of OU's safeties with an angle actually ran him down. That wouldn't happen in 09.

5. lilmaggie

There are some other rules that I would like to implement , one being some type of recruting rules to level things up a bit. I notice that most of the other leagues have them on here. I will have research it a little more before we adopt it.

6. GoGators

I think it would be a good idea to run a recruiting simulation when the game comes out to see how recruiting works on `10. If the computer actually knows how to recruit for once then maybe we won't need as many rules like limits on 5 stars and stuff. I'm all for the limits on scholarships though. For example, you can only sign so many kids and can't go above say 73.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

There seems to be a good set of standard rules in the OFFL leagues and T4's league maybe we can modify those to our liking if we need to.? I gues we'll have to wait and see how it is this year. My best guess the cpu will suck at recruiting as usual.

8. GoGators

The rule about the playbooks. My opinion is this, I don't think we should be restricted to one playbook for the entire season. Here's why. Say Tebow gets hurt, my backup QB is Brantley, he's more of a passer than a runner. Well my UF playbook is basically designed for Tebow. If he's down for the season, I, like Urban Meyer or any other college coach would shift the playbook to include more spread passing plays and less spread option type plays. i.e. the QB dive play action is not going to be effective w/Brantley so that would get scrapped from the playbook completely.

Since the playbooks aren't as large as most college playbooks, it's impossible for them to encompass enough of both types of plays. That's what creates the problem. So for instance, Tebow down, I'd want to use the generic spread or Texas Tech playbook.

Obviously, this creates room for abuse. So what I propose is this. We should start a thread that requires us to identify any changes made to our playbooks during the season and off season. Also, there should be a gentlemens agreement that these changes will only occur for certain circumstances, i.e. injuries of key players. Any violation of these rules should result in removal from the league.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I would just make it to where you have to post what playbook you are using at all times..

just my .02

10. PointShaver

PointShaver Guest

7 minute quarters? I might not have an hour and 45 minutes to finish one game.

11. JRC 3

JRC 3 Guest

7 minute quarters would be way to long and boring against the computer. We all agree 70 points is enough so don't make it 7 minute quarters.

12. JRC 3

JRC 3 Guest

7 minutes is way to long, if 70 points is the max I think 5 minute quarters is just fine. Your rules state no running the clock down so 7 minute games against another opponent would take forever.

13. GoGators

You can play a 5 minute quarter game in under a half hour. It has to be 6 minute quarters at a minimum!

14. BDSDIGITAL

I've never finished a 5 min. quarter game in less than 1/2 hour...ever that I can think of and that's been the default forever.

I don't care how long the quarters are. I'm just saying.

15. JRC 3

JRC 3 Guest

7 minutes is to long, especially when you play the computer over 6 times, and the 70 point rule.

16. JRC 3

JRC 3 Guest

7 minutes is to long!

Being that you have to play the computer at least 6 times in one season, and the 70 point rule, I don't feel like playing a game that long.

17. lilmaggie

It has always taken close to an hour to play a user vs. user game at 5 min quarters. I think the quarter length will end up at 6 min. , not 7 min. But either way there won't be alot of user vs. user games. Probably 4. We will see how the game plays. I wish we could edit the play clock to a different setting to speed play up.

18. Ducemac

Ducemac Walk On

5 mins does not take 1/2 hour, it takes about 50mins to and hour to complete, i do believe we should go about 6 mins qtrs just because long drives wont eat a whole qtr.

19. BDSDIGITAL

I like 6 minutes myself.

20. GoGators

You guys are right, it does take much longer than a half hour to play a user vs user game at 5 mins. I was thinking vs the computer.

I like 6 minutes, I agree 7 could get a little long, especially vs user.