Ideas/Suggestions for league tracking

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

As I have mentioned to you guys, doing a better job of tracking the league in its entirety is my #1 priority for NCAA 12.

I wanted to share (some) ideas about how I'm going to do this and then get suggestions about how it might be done better etc. And then if you guys have suggestions on things you'd like to see done differently (or in addition to) what I have planned I would love to hear it.

My goal here is to create something that we can reference at any time but yet something that won't take me forever... I do get busy at times and I also tend to drop things if they don't go quickly (like team previews this season where I didn't do the Pac 10... lol)

The first thing is that each season I will create a thread entitled (for instance: NCAA12 - 2011 (Season 1). This thread will be closed. It will be an overview of the events for the league that year including a week-by-week rundown of scores / Award winners / Recruiting Rankings /stuff of that nature. I am hoping to get in depth with this, using EA's spreadsheet tools to upload those to google docs and post up lots of statistical and record-keeping goodness that way. But of course it can't take more than like 15 minutes or I'll probably fall behind or fall off the horse with it. At a minimum, as far as record-keeping is concerned, will literally be keeping a treasure-trove of those EA spreadsheets documenting everything I can from each season.

Each week I will create a thread when I advance and again entitle it in a way that we can search the forum for any particular week we want (N12/2011/Week 1) if we want to go back and read. This is where people will (hopefully) post game recaps etc. Even if you're playing the cpu I'm hoping to have a short recap from you.

I hope that we will get "into it" on the recruiting side this year and have a lot of in-depth discussion on recruits we have signed and/or are fighting over, etc.

I appreciate any insight or suggestions you might have about how I could do a good job of running a league that you'd be interested in returning to.

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Personally, I've always found talking about recruiting a little bit off-limits for me. I don't want to give away which recruits I'm dishing out 60 minutes to if it looks like I'm behind but making a move, etc. Are we just talking about when guys are visiting, or when guys are close to signing, etc.? If so, I'm good with that. Just don't want to give away my horrible recruiting methodology on the boards here. :D

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

IMO the weekly stat tracking seems a bit much.....we dont need everything. I am not so concerned with player of the week IMO. I am going to go ahead an assume the downloading of stats will be the same as last year, true?

hmmm...let me think....alot to ponder

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well I certainly don't want to require ANYBODY to comment on anything. But just general BS about the quality of the class, certain great players that everybody is obviously after.... And after signing people, most of us usually put together a class breakdown ... Usually AFTER we've signed the guys that are important to us. but again nothing will be required in this area. If you want to play secrete cervix agent I won't say anything :D

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'd still be willing to post that junk. Just might not let on when I've got an ace in the hole. :)

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I use blaze's recruiting strategy. I go after all white guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I like that idea. Easy access to user game histories etc. would be cool. Especially if it were in the context of that season and had the write-ups from that season. It would be cool to not only look back at the scores and stats, but to also kind of get the feel for what was going on in the OD at the time.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i think just in general, more discussion would make the league (and the T1 forum) more lively. Check out the Deuce and every advance they have a thread discussing games, players that were signed, injuries, etc. We have had user games here with 2 top 5 teams and neither guy even posts the result sometimes.

9. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I agree we just need to make effort (me included) to have consistent discussion regarding league topics (movement in rankings, bcs discussion, recruiting, who's hot/who's not (players). There's a lot to talk about but it's on us to build the rapport together to make it flow. A little more pre-user game buzz would be nice as well. I think more build up before games will keep guys interested in what other teams are doing across the league.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I know what you are getting at, I feel that's behind us. I'm not worried about that at all...

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

figured a few guys in here would get what i meant without naming names or pointing fingers. all the original, and replacement T1 members were awesome guys. Just hope the 2012 roster (myself included with my "seasonal" tag) are more active in talking about the league.

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hellisan I have no idea if this is helpful or not, but have you looked into a livetracker type of thing? We use THIS ONE in TFL and it's great. I'm not familiar with the NCAA excel dumps, but I think it could be useful.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

:)

My goal is to put together a good group of guys and then do my best in terms of decision making and what's best for the league, but I won't be able to control how much people participate in league discussion, etc... I agree I want it to be better than it has been.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

he said dumps hehe

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Appreciate the suggestion, I've sent Randiesel a conversation to see how he does it or get a contact for it. It will probably come back to Mason... SMH

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Ask @TheRichuation as well.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

added him to the convo. Thanks.

PS fail

18. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

How about posting content assignments? One person can do power rankings each week. I can do a weekly user predictions thread. A freshman watch would be cool,etc
    Just a thought

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I like that suggestion Twist, I'd like to see who'd be interested in doing that type of thing... I think jms493 would be great at power rankings.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes power rankings....weekly no.

• Like Like x 1
  21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah i can't commit to something weekly or take on an assigment that is due by X date simply due to outside life...but i'd definitely be willing to take on something and do it periodically, like say 3-4 times a year or whatever.

22. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Done. Juggs will take over the role of the guy that only wins 3-4 games a season :)

Now I don't have to do it

• Like Like x 1
  23. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Wisconsin vs Arkansas in season 1? :)

24. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

if it means i avoid playing stanford and Luck in year 1, im in!

25. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

If juggs wants to play ark. I'm not gonna stop him