If you could start an NCAA league right now...

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by controllerabuser, Aug 11, 2012.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

What format would you go with and why?

2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Promotion/Relegation
    ================

Four Regions, Three Conferences in each. Winning the conference allows you to get promoted to the next level, last place in the conference obviously moved down. Pretty fun stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Sounds interesting. I had a concept before called the Takeover. We had the 3 big states: CA, FLA and Texas. Top to bottom teams. Fun going against the big dog or trying to keep the little guys from getting big.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Yeah my roommate does something similar, combining schools in certain areas of the country together. An all Texas conference, all Florida, etc. etc. He has a lot of fun with 'em. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArSv83ENNinFdGZCY2R0MHlkeHBoQW1vS0pHdmQ1NlE#gid=0 This was my first setup for NCAA13, but I've adjusted it to make the 2nd Tier need a Conference Championship, to earn the right to the 1st Tier. Also, all Four BCS Bowls consist of the Top 4 1st Tier Champions, and Top 4 2nd Tier Champions (Almost like the Champions League, if you're familiar with Soccer), with random matchups.

If nothing else, it's almost greater to see these great coaches fall. In NCAA 12, Mack Brown and Nick Saban both lost their jobs due to underperforming(and probably being in the best 'tier' in the whole country,) ended up on the same staff at UL-Monroe, one as the Head Coach, one as the Offensive Coordinator. Also Georgia would end up in the Bottom Tier and get unlucky, by Season 6, they were a 3 star program and struggling.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Coach mode..

• Like Like x 2
  6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i enjoyed the setup by friends and brothers used last year. We turned the ACC, SEC, Big Ten and Pac 12 into 16-team super conferences with all of the best football programs in them. Each had two 8 team divisions (with 1 human in each) and a conference championship, and we played 2 out of conference games against humans based on rank the year before.

Then the BCS was setup to have 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, 5 v. 6 and 7 v. 8.

The regular season flew because it was mostly games against the computer from weeks 3 to 15. Followed normally by four human vs. human conference championship games and 2 or 3 human vs. human bowl games - including all four championship games we had being HvH.

And it was a lot of fun. Those HvH games meant a ton because if you lost your season was basically ruined. Versus winning and going on to more glory.

7. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I like this idea a lot Bly. Sounds like a lot of fun, especially if you can get your 8 people that are going to be solid in it.