If you don't want to play quit the CCM

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by charter04, Oct 4, 2012.

1. charter04

charter04 Walk On

This is my third week in a row to tag my opponent in the schedule thread and also send them a PM and I have gotten no response. No, I'm not using text messages or twitter messages. I should have to because everything is set up for scheduling here. You joined Tradition Sports to be in a CCM. Use the freaking website. I'm so close to dropping out of this league. It's not the commish's fault though. He can only do so much.

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Definitely...the scheduling forum is there for a reason.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I agree that there's no excuse for not using the scheduling thread, but this issue goes well beyond just not schedulng games.
    I noticed since I joined the league that there didn't seem to be as much content on here as other leagues, so I took a quick look this morning to confirm those thoughts. THis league has posted about 534 messages since it started. By comparison, every other active league has at least 3,500. That's ridiculous. In my other league, we have a guy who does a weekly preview and other guys send him info to add on strategies or key players. Other than a short lull, we have great game summaries that guys come on to read and comment on.
    This league hasn't had a single game summary posted yet.
    In the scheduling thread, there have been 7 conversations started in which 1 guy specifically reached out to another guy to play.
    To put those 2 stats into perspective, there have been I believe 63 NFL games open in our season so far being this is week 4.

So for everyone who has complained about scheduling issues and having trouble finding guys, you're 100% correct. It's absolutely BS that guys don't schedule or respect each other enough to reach back out to you.
    HOWEVER, beyond scheduling, guys are asked to add content to the site to keep it fresh and entice members to log on and in turn add their own content. Since no one in this league has done that, no one has much room to complain to/about anyone else that they can't get games in.
    If guys aren't willing to step up and add the content and do the things necessary to make this the kind of league other guys want to join, we might as well shut it down and go our seperate ways. This scheduling issue will only worse, guys will bail, and there won't be anyone out there wanting to jump in and join.
    So let's figure out quickly whether on not guys want to step up and do EVERYTHING that's expected of themor just call it a day and pack it in.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I agree, I use my Twitter account strictly for scheduling in this league. I never had "issues" with scheduling games because I send Twitter messages instead. That being said though, I would contact Azure via Twitter about not getting responses and no shows so he could auto pilot a guy possibly.

I appreciate the time that has been put into this league but I feel that it is has become stagnant with no postings, and little interest. That falls on our laps to a certain degree. I would love to have more activity on this league site but someone needs to take the initative to do it...and that's where the problem lies I guess?

5. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

That's crazy that there have been no summaries.

• Like Like x 1
  6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Yes me and him have communicated more than anyone but, I don'twant to play the CPU every week ill just play a ccm by my self. If there is no content on this league and I have to do all scheduling on twitter then what's the point of even being in this league? I admit I haven't posted content like I should but, I've only been able to play one user v user game so far because my other opponents won't respond. I'm also in the Trif3cta and its worlds different as far as content and involvement. Lets step it up! It seems like there was more posts before the season. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Yeah, I'm going to post a couple of threads today to get more input into who is in or out. I've scheduled every game so far via twitter but it looks like you have been on a run of bad luck maybe. This was a long over-due post charter04 and I think we need to start being more aggressive on the Sim Standard forum

• Like Like x 2
  8. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Hey are you OSU golf guy? I sent you XBL friend request and XBL msg nearly 48hrs ago and I guess you haven't been online... I'll start a schedling thread for us.

9. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Yes I'm osugolfguy and I haven't been online in about 48 hours...I'll log on my CPU and accept

10. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I am always ready to add great content as Matthew Keves has seen. However, I will not waste time doing that for games I play vs the CPU. Also the busiest thread this league has seen is one in which people were arguing and calling each other names, what kinda crap is that?

The problem BEGINS with the scheduling, there are obviously other areas this league is lacking in, but those aren't even worth going into if there is no one participating in this league. It's ridiculous that people blatantly dodge messages and can't schedule a game. I should not have to twitter/ skype/ text you just to get a hold of you. You signed up for this league through the forums, so I should be able to contact you THROUGH THE FORUMS. I know it's not Azure's fault as he can only do so much, however, I am not the mother of any member here so it is not my responsibility to go look for you to schedule a game. The forums are here for a reason USE THEM.

Again, content and all that fun league stuff will come, but only if we have dedicated owners. That is the main problem and from which all other league problems stem. That being said I would rather be in a league with 8 solid owners who all contribute, than a full league where nobody communicates and 1 person is trying to organize everything alone.

I do not want to drop this league, I am willing to stick it out. However, I have better things to do with my time than play the CPU, because my opponent is too busy playing ranked games to get on the forums.

• Like Like x 3
  11. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Its really tough running a league. It takes a lot of time, and it takes the right group of people. I speak from experience having my own 32 man league which was 5yrs in the making.

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The issue is here that people aren't following the model that the rest of TSO uses SUCCESSFULLY.

• Like Like x 3
  13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I posted and tagged my opponent in the schedule thread on Thursday at 10:45 am. I also sent him a personal message. If you can't check the website and keep up with your scheduled games then you need to be kicked out of the league. It's not hard. Going to a website and checking a thread is about as easy as it gets. I am not tweeting, texting, or any of that kind of stuff to get a hold of my opponent. Check the site!!!!!!!!!

14. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Its frustrating for sure, but should we limit communication to this site only? Not everyone has access to this site at all times. But still it does seem like people arent trying.

15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

How would you not have access? If you have twitter you have the Internet. No excuses.

16. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I am not saying I am against having to text with someone in special circumstances, but an owner can't have the attitude of, "You have to text or twitter me because I don't go on TSO regularly." That is BS.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

And again, if you're never on here, that means you're not posting content and being a truly active part of the league

• Like Like x 1
  18. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Yeah, you guys are right. This is what we signed up for, the TSO way. Everyone needs to check site at least every advance to setup games, and more if possible.