Iffy Gameplay

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Iffy Gameplay

Guys,

Post what you hate to see from an opponent in this thread. Here's a few things that have been a no-no here at TF in the past:

1. User Picks - I think EA took care of this "floating" issue. Anyone seen an unsim user picks this year?

2. Manual repositioning on D - Typically, shifting players manually before the snap is considered a no-no. Some go as far as to declare a player lock for each play, but I don't think that's necessary.

3. Junk defenses - not playbooks, but play calls. Playing dime and quarter against run formations was a big thing last year. I don't think we'll have a problem with this one.

4. Run commits - these animations were really wacky last year, and most people ban them. I would like to also.

5. Gameplans - How do we feel about these? I'm not using any right now, but do we see any of them as broken or unfair?

All I can think of right now. Thoughts?

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

-explain the user pick thing...can't think of what you are talking about
    -gameplans are lame imo
    -also explain the repositioning...obviously no moving a DE around to the other side or some lame moving players out of positiong, but does this mean no shifting one d-linemen to left or right on his guy. does this mean no press coverage shifting? does this mean no spacing shifts? don't these happen all the time in real life? explain. want to make sure i follow the rules.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It used to be that a switch to a db while the ball was in the air would give the db a "boost" of speed that allowed them to float in front of the wr and pick the ball off. I never switch while the ball is in the air, so I don't know if it's a problem still.

repositioning - some guys like to switch between three or four guys before the snap, moving each player before switching again. Imagine a guy moving a lb into the flat, then moving a dt into coverage, and then playing the FS and crowding the line, each move done by manually taking control of the player. It's straight up cheese.

Now, playing a guy (and only one guy) and moving him, and also using the lb, secondary, and d-line shifts that are built into the game = no problem. Audibles = no problem. That make sense?

4. vatechhokie01

so basically whoever you control shifting in his space is def ok and all built-in L1, R1, triangle-type shifts ok. thats all i ever use. and yes, the stuff mentioned up top is lame-ass.

although, i must admit i shift to DB while ball in air to play the pass break-up quite often. didn't know of this rule. is it not kosher to switch until the cpu plays the ball? weird. but understandable if there is a cheat in there.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The line shifts and triangle shifts are totally OK.

I think the DB stuff is cool, too. I haven't heard about any user pick issues this year. I just put that in there because it was once a problem. It used to really be an issue.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have played folks online who have gotten ungodly amounts of strips, and I usually ask at the end of the game what was going on, because in a pile I will press the strip button too. But these guys said the gameplan strip to aggressive is what they did. Last year it was a risky set up because of the number of facemask penalties you received but this year you simply have a risk of broken tackles. So in my opinion we need to keep the gameplan stuff set at standard.

7. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I agree on keeping the gameplan on the default setting. I've also noticed 'user jump snap' on every play when someone has the D line set on aggressive...Or, we need to at least agree to only use aggressive or conservative settings on certain individual plays that a real life setting would dictate instead of keeping a setting throughout an entire game.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

I absolutely hate when I'm punting and the other guy takes someone back to help block. This should be banned.

9. vatechhokie01

definitely agreed on the gameplan always standard

10. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

ya gameplan at default should be a rule.

11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I agree that a standard setting should be kept. Switching mid play, I do it all the time.