I'll be that guy...

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by redlishus, Apr 4, 2013.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Still can't believe we have people in here that would try and skirt rules. Would love to hear an explanation to their thought process.

• Like Like x 2
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Unsure if i'm one of the guys you're referring to but here's the thought process for my trade:

I need cb help in the worst way and since the Jets already have Revis and Cromartie as well as 2 others rated in the 70's i felt they could do without Wilson and i gave them back a 3rd rd pick to help them fill a position of need if they choose. I also have 5 picks in the first 3 rds so to lose one in the 3rd rd doesn't hurt me that much.

If that's an unfair trade i accept responsibility for it but in my opinion it's a trade i would make with a user so i did it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Jets/Bucs

FB D Johnson - 85 for FB E Graham 84
    RB B Powell - 77 for ROLB J Casillas 76

Johnson fits my offense better as I like to have blocking FB's rather than ones who can run and catch. Jets also needed a ROLB and I needed a backup RB for D. Martin.

Saints/Bucs

DB L Johnson - 75 for DB J Greer 82
    4th Round Pick for WR N Toon 64

I was willing to deal a younger player for an older, more stable corner. My thought process was really based on youth vs age. Getting a 10 year vet and giving a 2nd year player with more growth and potential I thought the age differential would makeup for the overall rating difference. And then Toon a 64 WR for a 4th.

4. redlishus

Personally, when I thought about this, my thought process was:

Would another person (if they were running the CPU team) do this trade. In all instances, I would say no.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I would agree with that just as well. I'm all for the no trade with the CPU clause, for that reason. What 1 person would deem an acceptable trade, another probably would not. Allowing CPU trades, I'm sure it would be just as much of a hassle for Doug and Jim as they most likely would receive messages from members who thought different trades were unfair. As for me, I meant no harm in either of the trades I did yesterday. Was just trying to better my team. But I could easily see how someone who didn't go into the trades with the same perspective as I had, would take them the wrong way. I apologized to Doug last night, not for making the trades (b/c in my mind, they weren't that bad), but for being part of the situation that caused hisself and Jim even more work than they've already put in. Glad it isn't setting us back time wise with the schedule, but it definitely took time out of their nights that I'm sure could have been used doig something much more productive.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Hmmm, Let me take over those teams Troy and deny all this trade shit from all these wankers, specially Curtis....LOL:p.... Wishful thinking thats all....

7. redlishus

Thanks Loren.

Now that was constructive dialogue with different view points. Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

lol why me? :cool:

9. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

LOL, WHy??? You always trying to punk everybody during trades.... LOL, Jk Curt just messing with ya. Those skills shouldnt need any help..

• Like Like x 1